Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OS X Lion

Slacky McSlackAss

The new OSX version is right around the corner. It's slated for release in July from the app store for $29.99 (imagine that, not having to pay $100 for a new OS version. Take note Microsoft). They've added a ton of cool features to the OS including more multitouch gestures and the launchpad screen (similar to an iPhone app screen).

http://www.apple.com/macosx/

Windows 7 cost me $30.

Windows 64 bit Ultimate edition for $FREE. Windows 7 32bit premium, 3 copies, $10 each. Windows 7 64bit $FREE. Windows Phone 7 $FREE.

All obtained legally.

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 09:07 AM ----------

The new OSX version is right around the corner. It's slated for release in July from the app store for $29.99 (imagine that, not having to pay $100 for a new OS version. Take note Microsoft). They've added a ton of cool features to the OS including more multitouch gestures and the launchpad screen (similar to an iPhone app screen).

http://www.apple.com/macosx/

$30 for multitouch gestures and an iphone looking screen? Sounds like you got ripped off.

Are they doing a Mac pro refresh anytime soon.

New mac pros should be out soon as they are at the end of their current cycle. Macrumors.com is good to check for stuff like that.

Will def be getting lion. I like how it's a straight download no need for CD's or anything like that.

"High-resolution cursor

In Lion, the cursor is crisp and sharp at larger sizes."

Set up your Mac in any language

Lion supports 23 different languages in VoiceOver, so you can set up your Mac in almost any language

New look

Address Book features a new look. Browse your contacts without the clutter of a sidebar or status bar. As you scroll, your contact list displays alphabetical dividers so you always know where you are.

Yearless birthdays

You can now add birthdays to your contacts without including a year.

Cancel transfer

To cancel an incoming transfer, open the Downloads stack and click the X that appears on the icon.

Turn FaceTime off

If you don’t want to receive FaceTime calls, you can turn it off in preferences.

All My Files

Instantly view all the files on your Mac in a single window in the Finder. All My Files gathers all your files — no matter where they’re located — and displays them in an organized view. It’s smart about what it collects, showing only files you commonly open, such as documents, images, and videos, while leaving out system files.

New look

iCal features a streamlined new look that gives you more room to browse and edit your events. The calendars list reveals itself only when you click Calendars. So now almost the entire window is dedicated to your calendar, giving you a beautiful view of your events by day, week, month, or year.

Delete apps

Launchpad makes it easy to delete apps you downloaded from the Mac App Store. Hold down an app icon until all the icons start to jiggle. Then click an app’s Delete button (x) to uninstall the app. You can also delete an app by dragging the icon to the Trash. When you delete an app from Launchpad, it is completely removed from your computer. If you want to get an app back, simply download it again from the Mac App Store.

Search the web

When you choose Search Web from the Spotlight menu, Safari opens and displays search results using your default search engine.

Search Wikipedia

When you choose Search Wikipedia from the Spotlight menu, the Dictionary application opens and displays the Wikipedia entry for the term.

Full-screen Chess

Take Chess full screen and turn your Mac into a virtual chessboard.

Additional fonts

Lion includes new Damascus, PT Sans, and Kefa fonts.

The list goes on and on.

All of the above are listed as features on the OSX Lion features page. I think the most amazing one is having full-screen chess. $30 worth right there folks.

I'm getting a kick out of Homercles' posts in this thread :ols:

What??? I am being serious. :gap:

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 10:02 AM ----------

I'll be getting this, and paying for it too. I torrented Windows 7 on my PC. haha

I would be afraid to mention that you torrented software openly on the internet.

Archived