Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wii U

Toe Jam

What the ****? If this is what you wanted, this should have been released instead of the 3DS. $200 controller I bet. They may actually be worse than SEGA when it comes to peripherals for consoles.

---------- Post added June-7th-2011 at 01:26 PM ----------

I keep staring it thinking WTF. I seriously don't understand it. My mind is blown but not in a good way.

Also: The graphics look no better than Xbox 360/PS3 quality.

Did you expect anything different? This is Nintendo we are talking about here.

The current generation of graphics are amazing though. LA Noire and Battlefield 3 have raised the bar on home consoles.

CONSOLE:

e3-2011-this-is-what-the-wii-u-looks-like-20110607102807742.jpg

No specs yet

---------- Post added June-7th-2011 at 01:33 PM ----------

I think it's cool. The different views on the controller is going to make for some seriously stream lined gaming and a more interesting experience.

We shall see. I am not sold.

It's going to sell like hot cakes. If you can't see that, you're in denial.

If the controller I linked is the only way to play games, and it has an internal CPU, GPU and RAM plus Wifi (which I would say it does since it was said that you can play games on it away from the console), it will be at a MINIMUM $100 controller.

---------- Post added June-7th-2011 at 01:35 PM ----------

Apple products sell like hot cakes.

Doesn't mean they're any good.

Derail incoming. Duck!

Apple products sell like hot cakes.

Doesn't mean they're any good.

I didn't say it was going to be any good. I didn't even say that I was going to buy one.

I guarantee that ugly contraption outsells everything come Christmas... assuming that's when they are shooting for with a release date. It will be heralded as "revolutionary".

I didn't say it was going to be any good. I didn't even say that I was going to buy one.

I guarantee that ugly contraption outsells everything come Christmas... assuming that's when they are shooting for with a release date. It will be heralded as "revolutionary".

2012 is the year. Date is unknown.

name sucks, but games will be awesome. The graphics are no better than the 360? Bull****. All they've shown so far are a few tech demos thrown together. The ATI R700 series graphics card it is supposed to be using will be using is far superior to the R500 series graphics card in the 360.

Did you see the bird tech demo?

PSP_3000.jpg

revolutionary my ass....

The differense is the Wii U controller, which resembles a PSP, is used as the controller.

I love all the hate. When Microsoft comes out with Kinect it's revolutionary, but when Nintendo actually does something that allows you to have a true 3D experience it's crap.

I am a Nintendo fanboy. I have owned every system they have put out. I am not too impressed so far but I need to get a hold of the controller and play.

---------- Post added June-7th-2011 at 02:51 PM ----------

Here is a video, albeit low quality, of a graphics demo

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/07/e3-2011-wiiu-graphics-demo

---------- Post added June-7th-2011 at 02:54 PM ----------

IGN handson impressions

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1173582p1.html

In short, Nintendo's gamble works. The controller is the best of both worlds, mixing traditional button inputs with the advantage of having an interface unlike anything we've seen from a home console.

---------- Post added June-7th-2011 at 02:56 PM ----------

The second major tech demonstration featured live footage of Japan, with a camera moving down a crowded street, hovering above vehicles. Like the hawk demo, the tablet was also featuring the footage shown on the television. But as I moved the new controller, I was able to see more of the city around me, without altering what was being shown on the larger screen. I could move the tablet upward to see the sky, or downward to see the street moving under me. Even more impressive, I could start to rotate the controller or "aim" it behind me to see where I had been. Pressing a button would also flip the portable display behind me, allowing me to see backwards similar to a rearview mirror. The potential for racing games with this sort of technology is truly impressive.

---------- Post added June-7th-2011 at 02:57 PM ----------

To be honest, I didn't think Nintendo would be daring enough to show off any sort of Zelda HD demo, despite the fact that the franchise is clearly the one that would benefit the most from a vastly more powerful system. This was based off of the Twilight Princess era Zelda characters, not Skyward Sword, so those of you expecting Wii's last major game to jump ship, this demo wasn't proof of that.

I wasn't able to control Link, but the battle between him and Gohma that I saw was breathtaking nonetheless. Between changing the lighting, camera controls and even the tablet's display, this demo above all the others proved how Nintendo franchises might benefit from increased power. This was gorgeous stuff.

ZeldaInline_1307462347.jpg

Archived