Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coming back to DC for the 24, 25, 26th and looking for things to do around the city

DeaconTheVillain

My best friend is a marine and after time in Iraq and Afganistan he is back. Well, they didn't take long to ship him back overseas again. This time Germany for two years. He is excited since he is German. Anyway, I will be flying back to DC to spend time with him for a week, just pretty muhc partying for a week straight. Anyway, I am looking for good activities to do. I have a couple things that are def. out scene and will probably go to. What else is happening around the city the 23-28th?

So far I have DC BBQ battle.

http://www.bbqdc.com/

Nova summer beerfest

http://novabrewfest.com/summer/

Also, probably go to a Nats game or something but I am looking for good day time activities. The Maryland Renaissance Fair has already past hasn't it?

Well if you have time and want to try the best hamburger in existence take him to the Sunshine Service Center. Nothing better than a Sunshine Burger.

I would liken that to torture. Follow me:

*Here, the best burger you will ever eat.

nomnomnom

That's good, right?

Ok, see ya in 2 years, have a good time in Germany.*

Though it doesnt sound like it this is a ringing endorsement for this activity.

Get this marine a sunshine burger ASAP.

Well if you have time and want to try the best hamburger in existence take him to the Sunshine Service Center. Nothing better than a Sunshine Burger.

Heard about this place...Even Martha Stewart sent her crew to this gas station to get a burger when she was in town.

Don't know if I will ever be able to convince my boy to go to a gas station for a burger...

Heard about this place...Even Martha Stewart sent her crew to this gas station to get a burger when she was in town.

Don't know if I will ever be able to convince my boy to go to a gas station for a burger...

Surprise him, don't tell him where you headed. It looks like an old country gas station, but no lie, it's the best hamburger on the planet.

I'm sorry' date=' but I like to support struggling, nichey little restaurants.[/quote']

No smiley face or wink??? The Cheesecake Factory is a huge chain that does very well. As to the food, it's average at best, but the Cheesecake is out of this world. I like to go there for dessert.

Yeah, Cheesecake Factory was the first restaurant to have a billion dollars in sales with only around 100 restaurants at the time (around 140 or so now, with plans to open in Dubai (I have stock) ). They are hardly struggling.

I agree with HOF44, the cheesecake is great, I have been just for that many times (or their strawberry shortcake). The food is usually good, but nothing worth waiting hours on end for.

Archived