Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**VIDEO** Teacher Punches Student In The Face.

DM72

That was a guy and he was bigger than her. He got in her face and she defended herself. Yes he never touched her, but his actions were of a threating nature. After all the **** I have read in the Tailgate, I have decided I am never having children.

Awesome. I also side with the teacher. People can say what they want, you can see violence in someone's eyes seconds before they are ready to unleash. She states he had a look of violence and she did what she had to do. Good for her. We need to adapt the old ways of schools in teaching discipline. I use to have a teacher in highschool who was a retired NFL player and any student he had a problem with he was smart about it. He took you in the wrestling room with no witnesses/cameras and asked you to swing first. Nobody ever had the balls to swing so the problem was quickly fixed.

I remember going to that school in Norfolk for awhile way back in 1975. 2 teachers,(one who an old friend of my moms),were put on leave for altercations with students. This was a violent school. Robberies and beatings weren't that uncommon,( I was the recipient of both..more than once). The first,(my moms old friend),was actually attacked by a student,(possibly more than one),and he hit back. Boom. On leave and I don't remember him coming back before I left. The second,(the lead gym teacher who was built like Franco Columbo),chased after a student after a brief altercation where I think only words were traded but something thrown at him. I just remember him running after the guy and not seeing him again either. My impression then,as it is now,is that he just finally snapped. The toughest thing I saw,was during the monster gang fight that closed out the first semester of school there. The gangs were doing their modern day version of Braveheart in front of the school when the vice principal came out and got between several of the gang members. Raised his hands and told them to stop what they were doing and other such stuff. That's when 3 of them grabbed him and beat the living hell out of him. Last time I saw him was when he was limping in to the door holding his side. What all this means is I'm leaning towards the teacher on this one because she felt threatened by the bigger student. Hopefully an investigation is done and she can get back to work and being the teacher of the year.

I don't know what to say. I was expecting to defend her right to fight back to defend herself. But after watching the video, what she did seemed unnecessary.

I don't think she should be fired over it, but I'm not sure she handled that the best she could have.

First of all, when I was in school acting like that towards a teacher would have resulted in 2 ass beatings: 1 at the hands of the vice-principal and 1 at the hands of my step-father. If a classmate of mine had done that, I would have stepped in. Pathetic.

That was a hell of a right cross.

I think what disgusts me the most is the reaction of the one school administrator. I understand that they are constantly under the microscope and prone to being sued, but take a stand for someone who has been a stellar employee for you for 23 years.

And since when did Sean Salisbury become an attorney? Side angle anyway.

Nice shot.... the worst thing possible for this kid has happened.. a video showing him getting his ass kicked by a 60 yr old woman airs on the Today show. thats funny as hell.

Of course we dont get to see anything much before the punches.. but after 23 years w/o a blemish on her record, she should get the benefit of trust here.

Again - great punch!

I don't know what to say. I was expecting to defend her right to fight back to defend herself. But after watching the video, what she did seemed unnecessary.

I don't think she should be fired over it, but I'm not sure she handled that the best she could have.

Put yourself in her shoes. She just reacted. I may have done the same thing.

Nice shot.... the worst thing possible for this kid has happened.. a video showing him getting his ass kicked by a 60 yr old woman airs on the Today show. thats funny as hell.

Priceless.....my wife is cheering for her

Put yourself in her shoes. She just reacted. I may have done the same thing.

If it was me, I'd be unconcious if I tried to take someone that size down, she's a lot bigger than me.

I would most likely try to put distance between myself and the dude and either ignore him, or make sure he knew that if he tried to attack me, he'd be arrested.

Something like that.

I don't condemn what she did though. Perfectly understandable response to the situation.

I wouldn't praise it either though.

That was a guy and he was bigger than her. He got in her face and she defended herself. Yes he never touched her, but his actions were of a threating nature. After all the **** I have read in the Tailgate, I have decided I am never having children.

Same here. I know a lot of it goes back to parenting, but stuff like this is enough to make a guy want to go out and get a vasectomy right now.

And I'm with you guys. That woman had to defend herself from what looked like an obvious threat. I pray she doesn't lose her job.

I wish she would have landed more punches. That little ****head deserves to get his butt kicked for acting like that toward their teacher or any other authority figure for that matter. I still maintain that more kids have behavioral problems these days and part of this, IMO, is due to our values going down that crapper in this society. A kid should never act like that to his/her elder and think s/he can pin a teacher up against the wall in a threatening manner and not face repercussions. Go teacher!

The delicate snowflake takes an aggressive posture and corners an older woman while insulting her and the story is he got punched. Notice the other students in the class immediately screaming about what she's "not allowed" to do. They know adults are here to serve them and they react immediately to any action that threatens that wonderful American system.

I'm sure the school system will be over-reacting shortly to prove they are tough on things and stuff.

A kid should never act like that to his/her elder and think s/he can pin a teacher up against the wall in a threatening manner and not face repercussions.

That's a pretty broad statement. There are plenty of parents, teachers, and other authority figures in the world that could do with a good confrontation or thrashing from those that they take advantage of or abuse.

I doubt that's the situation here, but let's not go overboard, people.

He didn't swing first. And that's a good thing. She would probably have needed a feeding tube if he had.

The only problem I have with the video is that she should've worked the body a little more to wear him down before going for the KO. She didn't a nice job of drawing him to take away his reach advantage though. :ols:

Sure sounds like she was defending herself.

I wouldn't blame the school administrator for taking his time about investigating this incident and figuring out what to do. That is the responsible approch to take. One of the biggest problems we have in our society is higher ups taking sides on an issue based on "taking a stand for your people" before you have all the facts, and then having to defend that stance to the bitter end. That's how bad cops get shielded for years from the consequences of their actions. Much better to take your time, figure out exactly what happened, and do the right thing.

Archived