Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roster talk: Predict the 2011 starting lineup.

s0crates

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Adrian Peterson,DeAngelo Williams, Torain

FB - Vontae Leach

WR - Andre Johnson,Larry Fitzgerald,Percy Harvin,Brandon Marshall

TE - Antonio Gates, Chris Cooley

LT - Ryan Clady

LG - Logan Mankins

C - Maurkice Pouncey

RG - Jari Evans

RT - Trent Williams

RDE - Haloti Ngata

NT - Vince Wilfork

LDE - BJ Raji

LOLB - Terrel Suggs

ILB - Ray Lewis

ILB - Patrick Willis

ROLB - Clay Mathews

CB - Darrel Revis,Charles Woodson

FS - Ed Reed

SS - Troy Polamalu

K - Billy Cundiff

P - Shane Lechler

KR/PR - Devin Hester..

ok now.. this team should get us to the promise land.. lebronoface.png

try and stop us 16jj0j.png

Lombardi BIIIIIITCHES far87o.png

Better fit than Rocky IMO, but still question marks. He's physical and has a nose for the ball though. I like Riley and hope he gets a chance, which I'm sure he will.

Thanks - I too like Riley. Thing is, is it realistic that they will want to start Riley & Kerrigan from the get-go, with Henson being the primary back-up at ILB. Thats zero careers start between the three. And at the same time, people expect us to have starting Bryant or Nield at NT, Jarvis Jenkins at DE and Barnes at CB. Thats less than 10 career starts amongst the lot of them.

I'm not saying thats the wrong way to go, I just have a hard time thinking we go that 'inexperienced'. Maybe we do, but I think something is sure to happen at a combination of the NT,ILB & CB positions.

QB - Grossman, J. Beck,

RB - Torrain, Helu, Royster

FB - Sellers

TE - Cooley, Davis, Paulsen

WR - Hankerson, Armstrong, Moss, Paul, Austin, Banks

LT - T. Williams, Heyer

LG - Lichtensteiger

C - Montgomery

RG - D. Joseph

RT - J.Brown,

DE - Carriker, J. Jenkins, Haynesworthless, Jarmon, Golston

NT - Cullen Jenkins, Neild

ILB - Fletcher, Rudd, Alexander, Riley

OLB - Orakpo, Kerrigan, Free Agent, C.Wilson

CB - Rogers, Hall, Barnes, Gomes

SS - Landry, Horton

FS - Atogwe, Moore, Doughty

K - Gano

P - Daniel Sepulveda

said it before,

Vince Young will be the new starting QB

Vonta Leach will be the new starting FB with D. Young behind him

Ryan Harris will be the new starting RT

Aubrayo Franklin will be the new starting NT with Neild behind him

(hoping) Antonio Cromartie will be one of the new starting CB's opposite D. Hall

Steve Slaton/DeAngelo Williams (more likely Slaton) will be the vet. RB

said it before,

Vince Young will be the new starting QB

Vonta Leach will be the new starting FB with D. Young behind him

Ryan Harris will be the new starting RT

Aubrayo Franklin will be the new starting NT with Neild behind him

(hoping) Antonio Cromartie will be one of the new starting CB's opposite D. Hall

Steve Slaton/DeAngelo Williams (more likely Slaton) will be the vet. RB

I honestly can't resist when I see posts like this

Dan-Snyder-Free-Agency-2.jpg

That's the perfect roster for our 2011 Super Bowl run.

I honestly can't resist when I see posts like this

Dan-Snyder-Free-Agency-2.jpg

That's the perfect roster for our 2011 Super Bowl run.

Its fairly reasonable IMO. We dont go for Asomougha, Cromartie is a perfect option. Vonta Leach and Slaton were with K.Shanahan in Houston... Leach will be expensive but he was a 2010 all pro and Slaton will basically be free and might be able to get back to form in the right system and coaching. Harris is supposedly a given. VY talk is all over the place and I'm one of the few that wants him here. Doubt D. Williams will come here, but he's on the table. We need a quality NT with time on the field, and with all of the tags (Soliai, Ngata) given, A. Franklin is the best option to stand in front of Neild while he develops as long as he's held to a reasonable contract.

Its fairly reasonable IMO. We dont go for Asomougha, Cromartie is a perfect option. Vonta Leach and Slaton were with K.Shanahan in Houston... Leach will be expensive but he was a 2010 all pro and Slaton will basically be free and might be able to get back to form in the right system and coaching. Harris is supposedly a given. VY talk is all over the place and I'm one of the few that wants him here. Doubt D. Williams will come here, but he's on the table. We need a quality NT with time on the field, and with all of the tags (Soliai, Ngata) given, A. Franklin is the best option to stand in front of Neild while he develops as long as he's held to a reasonable contract.

Whatever it takes to justify it to yourself, no matter how many mental gymnastics you have to do to get to the conclusion that this time its different.

Several things need to be addressed:

1) Cromartie struggles mightily in zone, and doesn't fit with the new culture

2) Why would you pay big money to a FB when we only use a FB 1/3 of the time?

3) Franklin is a 30 year old player who will get a 4-5 year contract worth $30-$35 MM.

I thought the era of Madden Football was over with the Redskins?

Whatever it takes to justify it to yourself, no matter how many mental gymnastics you have to do to get to the conclusion that this time its different.

Several things need to be addressed:

1) Cromartie struggles mightily in zone, and doesn't fit with the new culture

2) Why would you pay big money to a FB when we only use a FB 1/3 of the time?

3) Franklin is a 30 year old player who will get a 4-5 year contract worth $30-$35 MM.

I thought the era of Madden Football was over with the Redskins?

I agree 100% that we are becoming different in nature with free agent signings and incentive laden contracts. But Atogwe was good cus it was a position of need and Haslett has familiarity. I feel the same about Leach and Slaton, they already know K. Shanahans scheme. Franklin is the best available NT in a dire position of need (after all, its the most important position in the 3-4!) and someone needs to teach Neild the right way. Franklin is the perfect 2-gapper for Jenkins/Jarmon and Carriker to rush. I threw Cromartie in there, but dont see it happening. (id love to see Barnes get a shot)

Leach gives a whole new life to our ZBS. Arian Foster would still be unknown if it wasnt for Leach paving the way.

If this were Madden, Id say Sign Asomougha, Sign Vjax and Sidney Rice for our first rounders in 2012/2013, etc.

AA - 5'11, 182

JJ - 6'1 208

That's about a medium sized reciever in the league

AA, as we know, runs somewhere in the mid-4.3s in the 40 *EDIT* my mistake, he ran closer to the mid 4.2s.

Yeah, and Banks says he runs a 4.23, and at the combine he ran a 4.43..... I am just asking, who is clocking these 40 times?

JJ's highest career YPC average is 14.4, AA had almost a 20 YPC average

And James Jones plays behind Donald Driver and Greg Jennings doesn't he?

AA is just over a year older than JJ with less tread on his NFL tires. And his season last year (as essentially a rookie) was better than anything Jones has put up in a 4 year career.

Again, due to the talent on the Packers roster, Jones is in the 3rd/4th WR spot. And I wouldn't exactly call it "tread," when they are that young, especially at a position like WR, I would call it seasoning.

I really have trouble seeing your case for how they are the same type of receiver OR that JJ has more upside than Armstrong. And, like I've said before, I don't even think Armstrong is that good and he'd be better suited to be a slot receiver/3rd option.

They are both medium-sized recievers, who run routes pretty well. They aren't the big target, they aren't the small target. I think Jones hasn't got a real shot in Green Bay. They are loaded. Armstrong got more reps/balls thrown his way because we literally had no one left in the cupboard. I am all about his attitude and finding a diamond in the rough, but I don't feel comfy having an arena league WR as our number 1 or number 2 going into the season. Especially without an established threat on the other side. What do you do then?

Plus, Shanny put Armstrong on the roster when no one else gave him a shot and no one had even heard of him before camps.

In what was possibly the worst free agency year ever. Ever. Like I've said, man, I hope the dude pans out. I like AA, I hope he's here and we use him right, but it's not what I think will happen, and it's very clear that this dude isn't a number one or number two reciever. He would be quiet most games, and got most of his average on the deep ball. But sometimes you have to run other routes to get down the field.

In addition, a quick google search of each players' name followed by "route running" shows that Jones is perceived to be a lazy route runner and Armstrong has drawn "rave reviews" during OTAs for his route running skills.

So Jones is running the lazy 4th WR routes, which are normally go routes or hooks or outs. Hmmm, got it.

And Armstrong is getting praised from a bunch of unsigned draft picks and the whole second string? Or are you talking about last years OTAs? And as I eluded to above, he runs the go route very well...no doubt, but this isn't Jerry Rice we are talking about here. Let's pump the breaks a bit.

James Jones reminds me a lot a Antwaan Randle El. A 3rd WR coming off a SB win who is going to get paid like a bad #1/good #2 and stuggle to give production that matches his contract.

Also, according to Football Outsiders, James Jones had the highest number of drops/pass of any WR in the NFL (9.8%).

James Jones reminds me a lot a Antwaan Randle El. A 3rd WR coming off a SB win who is going to get paid like a bad #1/good #2 and stuggle to give production that matches his contract.

Exept he's bigger, isn't a former quarterback, has two of the better recievers (and an up and comer in Jordy Nelson) in the NFL in front of him, and would be coming to a team with zero experience at WR, right?

And yeah, that ball get's slick when it's cold. I think he'll be pretty cheap and has a lot of untapped potential.

Only real certain change on offense will be at QB. It will likely be Beck but you shouldn't be too surprised if it turns out to be Grossman. Starting RT will likely change to Harris but by the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised to see a new C. Wouldn't be totally shocked to see us bring in a guard in FA but I don't expect us to unless someone out there is available, cheap and knows the basic system. I expect that Moss will be resigned. Hard to say who will actually start at RB since we may go committee or Torrain may be the primary back the first part and Helu may be phased in. On defense, the biggest change will be that Kerrigan starts but I would not be surprised if Jarvis takes a spot. The only real mystery on defense is at CB opposite Hall, right now I'll say Barnes unless something changes and I could see a big FA acquisition here. Would not be shocked to see Rocky back as the lockout may preclude options here but expect it to be Riley or Henson.

I think this is about right.

This is impossible.

True' date=' but we speculate. :D

RT: Harris, Heyer, Capers

RT: R. Harris, Heyer

RT Ryan Harris

RT Ryan Harris

RT -- Ryan Harris

Wow. It looks like this is a done deal. Don't tell the Denver fans. :ols:

RT: J. Brown

Wait. What? Who? ;)

Thanks - I too like Riley. Thing is' date=' is it realistic that they will want to start Riley & Kerrigan from the get-go, with Henson being the primary back-up at ILB. Thats zero careers start between the three. And at the same time, people expect us to have starting Bryant or Nield at NT, Jarvis Jenkins at DE and Barnes at CB. Thats less than 10 career starts amongst the lot of them.

I'm not saying thats the wrong way to go, I just have a hard time thinking we go that 'inexperienced'. Maybe we do, but I think something is sure to happen at a combination of the NT,ILB & CB positions.[/quote']

Maybe we are getting a little carried away with predicting all the rookies will start, but I do see us playing the young guys this year.

Quick question for those of you predicting that Helu will start over Torain. Why?

Torrain had a couple good games last year, but nothing near the production you want out of your number one back. I know Ryan is the incumbent, but I just think Helu is better. Helu is younger, faster, and a better fit for Shanny's cut-and-go system.

Two things: One, our running game was one of the worst in the league last season. Two, Shanny moved up in the draft to pick Helu.

I would bet that Helu will be the main guy sooner than later. We will probably have a RBBC approach at first, but Helu will get more and more carries.

Unfortunately, I think the thread starter is right about a lot of that... which would mean keeping in tact by FAR the worst performing unit on a very bad team -- the interior OL.

No doubt our interior OL struggled last season. Hopefully I am wrong, and B. Allen does make some moves to beef up the offensive front. A few posters in here have mentioned some potential free agent guards, so maybe I am wrong.

For example, I might like to see this group:

LT - T. Williams, Heyer

LG - Montgomery

C - Lichtensteiger, Cook

RG - D. Jospeh

RT - R. Harris

Wow. It looks like this is a done deal. Don't tell the Denver fans

Word from my neck of the woods is that he's going to be cut by Denver and he's already got a ticket voucher for Dulles ; )

We'll obviously have to wait and see which rules we are operating under before we pop the cork on the Davin Joseph bottle of wine, but he'll be worth what we pay him if he decides to come up here.

QB - Grossman, J. Beck, Orlovsky or Leinart

RB - Torrain, Helu, Royster

FB - Sellers

TE - Cooley, Davis, Paulsen

WR - Moss, Hankerson, Armstrong, Paul, Austin, Banks

LT - T. Williams, Heyer

LG - Lichtensteiger

C - Rabach, Cook

RG - Montgomery

RT - J.Brown,

DE - Carriker, J. Jenkins, Jarmon, Golston

NT - Cullen Jenkins, Neild

ILB - Fletcher, Riley, Alexander

OLB - Orakpo, Kerrigan, Alexander, C.Wilson

CB - Hall, Josh Wilson, Barnes, Buchanon, Gomes

SS - Landry, Horton, Doughty

FS - Atogwe, Moore

K - Free Agent, could be Reed, Rayner, Longwell, etc.

P - Podlesh

McNabb shipped for 4th rounder

Hanyesworthless for 5th rounder

Offense

QB: Grossman

RB: Torrain and Helu split carries

FB: Sellers

WR: Moss, Hankerson, Armstrong, Kelly, Paul, Banks

TE: Cooley, Davis

LT: Williams, Heyer

LG: Lichtensteiger, eventually giving way to Hicks

C: Rabach eventually giving way to Lichtensteiger