Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Snyder or JKC?

worstSeat

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The Snyder is/n't a punk and/or should/n't win his lawsuit with the City Paper and/or is/n't the reason the Skins are having their worst run since 1954-1968 is getting a little old.

Can we at least agree that we'd rather have had a now 98 year-old Jack Kent Cooke as the owner since 1999 instead of Daniel Snyder? Or is there no correlation between the owner and the success of a team?

Okay, let's see if I can figure out how to set this up as a poll...

Wow this has to be the worst thread ever. Really???? You know it's the offseason.

I'll give you that. When Snyder's the new Haynesworth, you know there's a lockout.

But all the Snyder defending and bashing seems to cut the board fairly well. Just wondering how well liked The Squire was relative to the New Guy, or if I've misread that.

I'll give you that. When Snyder's the new Haynesworth, you know there's a lockout.

But all the Snyder defending and bashing seems to cut the board fairly well. Just wondering how well liked The Squire was relative to the New Guy, or if I've misread that.

I think you should ask the mods to close the thread and ask for forgiveness. You are obviously bored.

I'm not taking sides, but for the youngsters. JKC was no saint himself. He did plenty of embarrassing things. And he built FedEx Field which so many fans say they despise. He wanted to fire Joe Gibbs when he went 0-5 but was talked out of it by Beathard. And his worse failing was not leaving the Redskins to his son in his will which is how we ended up with Snyder. So you can blame JKC for us having Snyder as our current owner.

Could list lots of other mistakes, screw-ups and embarrassing moments.

Stupid poll you knew the answer before the poll was put up. Hmm, lets see a guy who owned the team when they went to 4 SUPERBOWLS or a guy who owns a team that hasn't won a 2nd round playoff game yet in 10 years of ownership. Gee thats a hard vote,,,,,,

This isn't even close.

JKC wasn't a saint, but he knew how to build a ball club and he won three titles and four conference championships.

Snyder, though he maybe changing his stripes, has brought us little more than losing and despair.

You've gotta be kidding me here.

That right there, if I had to put my finger on one single thing that manged to **** up this franchise for over a decade, that would be it.

Easily. Having an "in his prime" Trent Green from 1999 to say 2004, 2005 would have been huge. There certainly was plenty of talent from 99-01 to make a serious run had the QB play been up to par

Brad Johnson was very good for half a season in 1999, which was good enough to get us a home playoff win

Stupid poll

I disagree, this is exactly the kind of thing anti Dan threads are built upon. Its going to take Snyder 20 years of perfect silent ownership for him to erase the fans memory of the disgrace that the last decade made us. Keeping this fresh in fans minds is the duty the older generation of Skins fans have to the younger ones. I give this thread 2 thumbs up.

Yuck. I'd vote if it were a poll on GMs, but I think Cooke got lucky the same way Jerry Jones got lucky. He hired the right coach (though he didn't want to keep him) and his GM (and coach) built great teams. Cooke was obviously smarter than Jones, since he kept his SB winning coach.

Cooke and Snyder are not all that far apart if we're talking about character. Both of them have lots of face palm moments, both were extremely impatient, and wanted to pay for a championship.

Now, Snyder has had much worse luck with coaches (due to poor judgement in hiring and firing) and on the other hand, Cooke had much worse luck with wives (due to marrying Bolivian drug runners).

If I recall, Norv was the head of a division winning ball team.

Was he great? Absolutely not. Was he good? Not at all. Did he do a better job than most of Synder's hires? You bet.

Was he good .... errm no he wasn't he was terrible

Yes he did win the division - once - That was in 1999 one season of his 7 years of miss reign . I think everyone can remember 1998 when we went 0-7 - I mean we did not win a game before November . But that was not as bad as 1997 when we started 7-1 and missed the playoffs . Norv was horrible . Really horrible .... a bit like this thread,....

Jack Kent Cooke's biggest failure was allowing the Beathard/Gibbs rift to grow and then clearly take Gibbs' side. The downfall of the franchise was set in motion once Beathard resigned after the 89 draft.

JKC's other mistake was feeling his football organization was strong as ever in the 90's. His loyalty to Casserly did this team no favors.

Having said that, I at least understand why JKC did those things. Gibbs was a great coach and leader. Also given the track record of winning, I understand why the aging Cooke would trust his loyal employees even though the team faded in the 90's. Also look at the last years of his life. The commit to a total rebuild in 1994. Improve by 3 games in each of the next two seasons. The biggest improvement in the NFL. They won 3, 6 and 9 games. Things were looking good. Then he passed.

Contrast this to Danny. Hiring Vinny Cerrato. Loyal to this buffoon because he allowed Danny to walk all over him. Not because of past success.

Arrogance to think he should be involved in football ops.

That right there, if I had to put my finger on one single thing that manged to **** up this franchise for over a decade, that would be it.

No, the one single thing that has messed this franchise up for over a decade has been Dan Snyder owning this team. Not even a contest.

I'm not taking sides, but for the youngsters. JKC was no saint himself. He did plenty of embarrassing things. And he built FedEx Field which so many fans say they despise. He wanted to fire Joe Gibbs when he went 0-5 but was talked out of it by Beathard. And his worse failing was not leaving the Redskins to his son in his will which is how we ended up with Snyder. So you can blame JKC for us having Snyder as our current owner.

Could list lots of other mistakes, screw-ups and embarrassing moments.

All true.

Those three Super Bowl wins cancel a lot out. A better comparison would be comparing Cooke's first 10 years as owner, to Snyder's.

Archived