Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Firing range in Virginia thats over 100 yards?

Slateman

So my step-mom wants to shoot guns. Actually, she has several from her first husband. He was a rescue swimmer that was killed in the line of duty 20 years ago in Alaska. She moved to Virginia when her son was diagnosed with cancer to be near her mother and all her stuff moved with her. Long story short, son went in to remission, step-mom remarried to my mom, and bada bing, happily ever after

This past weekend, my she remembered that not only was I a Marine, but I was a marksmanship instructor. So, I'm sort of on the hook for it. On top of that, my wife should know how to use guns seeing as how I plan on them being in the house.

My step-mom has several rifles, one of which is a .30-06 with glass. If I'm going to shoot it, I want to zero it out to like 500 yards.

Anyone know of a range that goes further than 100 yards?

For reference, I live in Fairfax but she lives in Charlottesville.

Manassas Battlefield, once upon a time anyways

though to be serious, not far from it there is a skeet range off Pleasant Valley Rd. in Bull Run Park (where they set the X-mas lights drive-thru each year and you can see it off 66). Not sure how long that range is though.

I pass Range82 all the time coming from work in Woodbridge back home towards Charlottesville.

Im not sure if they have a 1000 yd firing range or not, but the website is Range82.com. I know that because its on the sign in front of the road leading up to it. Good luck. Place looks pretty cool.

From Cville just drive out into the country and find some open land.

Not a good idea, a rifle bullet can travel more than a mile, its best to use a range with a good backstop, you must always know whats behind your target but I'm sure the OP knows this.

Archived