Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Brian Moorman reflects on ST Pro Bowl hit

blindlywewander

Moorman was a man for taking that hit and getting right up. That would have kept a number of players on the ground for a little bit. Love how he went over to congratulate Sean on the hit and Sean had a "whatever" look to him. He hardly even acknowledged when Moorman came over.

Still cheapish in my book, no need to injury someone in a meaningless game. Not saying it wasn't a monster hit, but just didn't think he should have done it that bad, especially not on a punter. Definitely will miss some of those hits in regular season though, such as the one he did to Reggie Brown on the Eagles in 2007.

KGOfhwZ4XWk

Moorman should be honored to have taken one of ST's best hits. He even congratulated him! If Moorman was cool with it, you should be too.

Still cheapish in my book, no need to injury someone in a meaningless game. Not saying it wasn't a monster hit, but just didn't think he should have done it that bad, especially not on a punter. Definitely will miss some of those hits in regular season though, such as the one he did to Reggie Brown on the Eagles in 2007.

KGOfhwZ4XWk

I wouldn't consider it an honor to take on of his hits haha. Still though, just don't see the point in the Pro Bowl I guess, game means nothing.

That's just how he played. I love that attitude too... once you're on the field, it's on. Would never have to worry about him taking a play off or slacking with a mindset like that. Besides, he didn't go to hurt the guy. What would you have him do? Run over and try to push him to the ground? It's still a game no matter how meaningless.

That's just how he played. I love that attitude too... once you're on the field, it's on. Would never have to worry about him taking a play off or slacking with a mindset like that. Besides, he didn't go to hurt the guy. What would you have him do? Run over and try to push him to the ground? It's still a game no matter how meaningless.

Most players play that way too, but even they know the Pro Bowl is just a fun meaningless game. How do you know he didn't go to hurt the guy? He hit a punter pretty hard, we all know punters aren't RB's or WR's. Little scronny guys who barely get touched if at all ever.

He could have hit him, but realized a) it's a punter B) it's the Pro Bowl. It is a game, but it's much like a preseason game, no need to go full steam and hurt someone.

I honestly think ST could've hit him much harder. He hardly launched. Moorman is just so light he flew. The pro bowl may be meaningless, but it's still played at full speed. Playing anything less leads to injuries.

This.

If you watch, all Sean did was throw his shoulder into him. But to expect anything less than Sean going full speed in any organized football game is foolish. that's just the way he was. Watch video of the first Pro Bowl, those guys were trying to rip each other's heads off.

Most players play that way too, but even they know the Pro Bowl is just a fun meaningless game. How do you know he didn't go to hurt the guy? He hit a punter pretty hard, we all know punters aren't RB's or WR's. Little scronny guys who barely get touched if at all ever.

He could have hit him, but realized a) it's a punter B) it's the Pro Bowl. It is a game, but it's much like a preseason game, no need to go full steam and hurt someone.

He was a ball carrier. He prevented the first down. That's what a football player does during a football game; there is no such thing as a meaningless game when you're a real football player.

Say what you will about the necessity of that Pro Bowl hit but ST was always a remarkably clean hitter given just how hard and fast he'd come at guys. He didn't go for the head, he didn't go for the knees, he just dropped his shoulder pads and went for the big shot between the belt and shoulders.

TAYLORKO.gif

RIP to one of the greatest. And to one of the only guys who tried to make the Pro Bowl exciting. It's too bad he couldn't live to play for his 2nd nod.

09000d5d8069dc07_gallery_6001.jpg

Love that gif. It's great that people are still talking about ST. For me, he's a legend. He truly a player I'll never forget.

Say what you will about the necessity of that Pro Bowl hit but ST was always a remarkably clean hitter given just how hard and fast he'd come at guys. He didn't go for the head, he didn't go for the knees, he just dropped his shoulder pads and went for the big shot between the belt and shoulders.

Absolutely. If you watch any of his highlight reels from any season or as a synopsis of his career as a whole, you won't find many hits, in fact I can't think of any, that aren't clean, at least for the rules at the time. Even that ridiculous hit on what's his name on the Lions during that long kickoff return was a textbook block on a very, very large scale.

From an on-the-field standpoint, Sean reminds me a lot of Monk. Both extremely good at what they do, playing in their own Super Bowl all sixteen games a year, and never gloating over what they are paid to do.

I wouldn't consider it an honor to take on of his hits haha. Still though, just don't see the point in the Pro Bowl I guess, game means nothing.

If it means nothing then they shouldn't be calling plays where a punter is running the ball like that. Football is football and you're going to get hit with the ball in your hands.

Absolutely. If you watch any of his highlight reels from any season or as a synopsis of his career as a whole, you won't find many hits, in fact I can't think of any, that aren't clean, at least for the rules at the time. Even that ridiculous hit on what's his name on the Lions during that long kickoff return was a textbook block on a very, very large scale.

From an on-the-field standpoint, Sean reminds me a lot of Monk. Both extremely good at what they do, playing in their own Super Bowl all sixteen games a year, and never gloating over what they are paid to do.

That's what I love and hate about threads like this...I love reminiscing about 21, but I hate thinking about the huge hole that was left in his absence that we'll never have again.

RIP to one of the best, ever, to play the game.

RIP ST loved to watch you hit.

Moorman was a tough guy that day for jumping right up and congratulating ST.

Whoever said it was a cheap shot because it was the pro bowl needs to give it a rest. Maybe the pro bowl would mean something if others played like ST did.

Archived