Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Helu is our best fantasy player according to Yahoo!

SwampEm

Yahoo's fantasy player rankings just came out. Roy Helu is the highest rated Redskin at #83. Other notables include Santana Moss at #89, Donovan McNabb at #174, and John Beck at # 2066. Hopefully these guys can outperform their ratings.

He's making the team I can say that with all confidence

I would be disappointed if he didn't.

But with a pretty effective 1 and 3 from last year, when the boneheaded OC could be bothered to go to the run, in Torrain and Williams; and Davis showing he can contribute the limited chance he got; he'll face stiff competition out there. And let's not forget he's a rookie in with the big boys. Throw in we might not even get a camp or pre-season, and his chances of making the active roster don't look such a lock as you feel.

Hail.

But with a pretty effective 1 and 3 from last year, when the boneheaded OC could be bothered to go to the run, in Torrain and Williams; and Davis showing he can contribute the limited chance he got; he'll face stiff competition out there. And let's not forget he's a rookie in with the big boys. Throw in we might not even get a camp or pre-season, and his chances of making the active roster don't look such a lock as you feel.

Hail.

I mean I can see that but also think of it this way. Mike Shanahan doesn't trade up for running backs unless he really likes them. He did it with Helu and Of the guys you mentioned Helu is the best option for us in terms of overall talent and health included.

I guess none of you guys remember Ryan Torain?

Torain is ranked #86, just behind Helu.

---------- Post added June-1st-2011 at 02:30 PM ----------

Man if yahoo is right our off will not produce at all....nice to know. How is our DST ranked?

Our total defense is ranked 26th out of 32 defenses on Yahoo! Only CAR, MIA, BUF, HOU, DEN, and JAX are worse.

Hail.

Davis only played in 2 games and was plucked off a practice squad when Portis went out for the season. Shanahan used a 4th round pick on Helu. He'll have to beat out the 3.4 ypc that Davis contributed last year.

Davis, to me, easily seems the odd man out right now, barring injuries or some incredible transformation on his part during whatever length of training camp and preseason we're left with lol :(...

I don't think I would take any Redskins RB's in the draft. There are way too many question marks on the depth chart. I do think one of them will be good for fantasy because of the system but it is too hard to figure out who is going to start, who is going to see limited action and who is going to be on the practice squad right now.

Yahoo's fantasy player rankings just came out. Roy Helu is the highest rated Redskin at #83. Other notables include Santana Moss at #89, Donovan McNabb at #174, and John Beck at # 2066. Hopefully these guys can outperform their ratings.

Hahahahaha, ooooohhhh man, something tells me that whoever did these Yahoo rankings thinks McNabb is still our QB next season. Either that or he's predicting we trade him and that would be his value with his new team.

---------- Post added June-1st-2011 at 12:50 PM ----------

I don't think I would take any Redskins RB's in the draft. There are way too many question marks on the depth chart. I do think one of them will be good for fantasy because of the system but it is too hard to figure out who is going to start, who is going to see limited action and who is going to be on the practice squad right now.

I wouldn't either. Shanahan's RB rotation in Denver was infuriating for fantasy owners. It was like the Patriots RB's, you never knew who would get touches that game. It's great as a fan cause your running game works and it works well, but it's not beneficial for fantasy owners.

Davis only played in 2 games and was plucked off a practice squad when Portis went out for the season. Shanahan used a 4th round pick on Helu. He'll have to beat out the 3.4 ypc that Davis contributed last year.

Davis, to me, easily seems the odd man out right now, barring injuries or some incredible transformation on his part during whatever length of training camp and preseason we're left with lol :(...

He sure looked promising in that loss to NY. Why we didn't see more of him after that you'd have to ask the OC, who is a total law unto himself.

I aren't disputing the fact that Helu has a great chance of not only making the roster, but contributing this year. And I hope to heck both he and every other rook does. But I don't think he's a cast iron lock all things considered. Even less so with him not being able to work in front of the coaches at present.

Hail.

I like years when no Redskins "slip" to me in the draft so I feel compelled to draft one of them, much easier to enjoy fantasy and real NFL by avoiding the Redskins entirely.

I would say Cooley should be the highest ranked Redskin, he is probably top 10 TE's this year.

I like years when no Redskins "slip" to me in the draft so I feel compelled to draft one of them, much easier to enjoy fantasy and real NFL by avoiding the Redskins entirely.

I would say Cooley should be the highest ranked Redskin, he is probably top 10 TE's this year.

I like Cooley but not for fantasy. He only has 6 TD's in the last 3 years.

Archived