fullnelson9999

Do you not understand stereotypes?

What's a Jewish girl's favorite soda?

Diet Coke.

What's Jewish girl's favorite beer?

Corona Lite

What's a Jewish girl's favorite wine?

I wanna go to Miameeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yes, I've heard it, and it's only a joke, not a reflection of reality.

Have you ever been to Miami ? It's practically an extension of Cuba.

Yes, I've heard it, and it's only a joke, not a reflection of reality.

Have you ever been to Miami ? It's practically an extension of Cuba.

I would say it's more an extension of New York. Take a random survey of any 10 latinos in South Florida, you will find that 7 of them moved down from New York City, one is from Cuba, and the other two are South Americans on a shopping trip.

Here are some of my stereotypes:

California: The land of milk and honey populated by fruits and nuts

Texas: Large beltbuckles, small minds

Florida: "Holy **** it's hot. I'm moving back to New Jersey. Wait, it's not that hot"

Massachusetts: Mass-holes.

Maine: Really freakin' cold. The weather is cold too.

Pennsylvania: State Law- All men over the age of 35 must grow a mustache

Virginia: "The greatest! Military beaches, decaying central and SW region of state, not politically relevant since 1850, and a nova population attached like a leach to the neck of the nation's tax stream. Just ask anyone that lives there, Virginia > everywhere else"

Alabama: Forest Gump lives there.

---------- Post added June-1st-2011 at 04:47 PM ----------

And since I did some negative, here are some positive:

Oregon: Cool, green, and a perpetual light rain, with rocky beaches and large snow-capped peaks in the background. Actually, that's not a steretype... it's actually like that. Beautiful place.

North Carolina: What Virginia wishes it was.

Kentucky: Horse farms and really nice grass. Not that kind. The kind you mow.

Most of the midwest except Michigan: The heart of America. Everyone talks like Tom Brokaw. The birthplace of our nation's most industrious people.

Colorado: snow capped peaks, great fly fishing, and beautiful country, populated by people who appreciate it.

virginia IS > than everywhere else... well... err... at least > North Carolina !

Nevada: the gambling and prostitution state

(no stereotype, just reality... and it SHOULD be on the license plate)

When I think of Missouri, I think:

-Cheap gas

-BBQ

-The Pony Express

-Mark Twain

When I think of Iowa, I think:

-Farming

. . . . . . that's pretty much it.

You think only good/boring thoughts about your former states. You must have good/boring memories there.

I would say it's more an extension of New York. Take a random survey of any 10 latinos in South Florida, you will find that 7 of them moved down from New York City, one is from Cuba, and the other two are South Americans on a shopping trip.

But there's a lot of Cubans and Puerto Ricans in New York, and they comprise a lot of New Yorkers who transplant to Miami :)

How else do you explain the fact that it's so hard to find someone in Miami who speaks English. :(

And speaking of Miami jokes, heard the ones about Spanish being the official language, and English secondary ?

That's kind of what Stereotypes are.

I've been to Boston plenty of times and have never been to Southie. However' date=' when I think Massacusetts, the image that comes to my mind is Good Will Hunting's friends.[/quote']

I think Boston Rob.

So, you believe Miami is primarily old rich people ? Really ?

Considering I live in Miami, no. It's just a simple joke map.

The only part on that map that's actually accurate is calling I-4 the "Highway to Hell."

Do you not understand stereotypes?

What's a Jewish girl's favorite soda?

Diet Coke.

What's Jewish girl's favorite beer?

Corona Lite

What's a Jewish girl's favorite wine?

I wanna go to Miameeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

This definitely made me laugh.

Yes' date=' I've heard it, and it's only a joke, not a reflection of reality.

Have you ever been to Miami ? It's practically an extension of Cuba.[/quote']

Really only parts of it.

Areas like Kendall, Doral, and University Park all have a lot of obvious Latin influence, this is true. Move further East, heading towards Brickell, Coconut Grove, and Miami Beach, and the story changes a bit as you're moving up in residential income level.

You think only good/boring thoughts about your former states. You must have good/boring memories there.

Missouri is 10x better than Iowa and by far the best state I've ever been to. When I think of Missouri I also think about the amazingly caring and generous people, the low-maintenance and unnaturally curvy roads that I love to hate, freedom/fewer restrictions, low taxes, and the great history of the culture and landscape which gives everything you see a story.

It has it's faults as well:

-bigger cities (over 50,000) often contain a trashy hybrid of the Missouri people I know

-high obesity rate (I blame it on the great BBQ)

-hearing so many people say "Missourah" gets highly annoying, but that's mostly a southern Missouri problem

-tornadoes and flooding

-Many of us talk similar to Brad Pitt, but, unfortunately, look nothing like him.

I do like that people are getting offended by stereotypes in a thread about stereotypes.

When I think of West Virginia' date=' I think of rich people having dinner at the Greenbriar. I assume that is true for everyone else, right?[/quote']

Poor White People who can barely speak understable English. Most likely on welfare. That is the true West Virginian and describes half my dad's patients.

Archived