Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

50 State Sterotypes

fullnelson9999

I've grown up in Missouri/Iowa my entire life. The stereotype about Iowa I can understand, but the stereotype about Missouri being a meth state isn't very accurate. As you can see on the table at this site, Missouri is 21st in methamphetamine use.

When I think of Missouri, I think:

-Cheap gas

-BBQ

-The Pony Express

-Mark Twain

When I think of Iowa, I think:

-Farming

. . . . . . that's pretty much it.

I've grown up in Missouri/Iowa my entire life. The stereotype about Iowa I can understand, but the stereotype about Missouri being a meth state isn't very accurate. As you can see on the table at this site, Missouri is 21st in methamphetamine use.

-Cheap gas

-BBQ

-The Pony Express

-Mark Twain

-Farming

Where does Missouri rank in meth production though?

http://www.justice.gov/dea/concern/map_lab_seizures.html

Where does Missouri rank in meth production though?

http://www.justice.gov/dea/concern/map_lab_seizures.html

I knew Missouri and Iowa were meth production states, but I never realized it was THAT bad. Even so, meth production is that high as a result of the vast farming in these states. Farmers buy anhydrous ammonia without questions and the tanks are either stolen or used to produce meth by the farmers themselves. I still believe Missouri is known for BBQ more than anything.

-Cheap gas

-BBQ

-The Pony Express

-Mark Twain

-Farming

I think of the worst city in the US not named Detroit, roads with incredibly imaginative names such as "AA", and "CC", Yakhov Smirnov theater in Branson, and people with all the charm of folks from the North but with the efficiency and education of people from the south.

Just kidding. I like Missouri

I knew Missouri and Iowa were meth production states, but I never realized it was THAT bad. Even so, meth production is that high as a result of the vast farming in these states. Farmers buy anhydrous ammonia without questions and the tanks are either stolen or used to produce meth by the farmers themselves. I still believe Missouri is known for BBQ more than anything.

First thing I think of for Missouri is horrible unregulated puppy mills. :whoknows:

Anyhow, that was awesome.

I wonder how many states he actually traveled to to film that.

Yea, like standing in front of McDonald's, Walmarts, tennis courts, living rooms, generic highways, trees, etc etc etc, actually requires you to travel to 50 states to film something low-budget, and low-substance like that.

Funny. But I agree about Maryland—clearly this guy has never been to The Dorf. Or Baltimore. Or the Eastern Shore. Or, well, probably anywhere. He appears to have watched Wedding Crashers, and based his opinion on that alone.

STEREOTYPES, people... stereotypes. New Jersey has the highest per-capita income in the country (i believe).. but that is not the stereotype, now is it.

Maryland doesn't have the stereotype from "the wire" or any John Waters movie.... apparently MD has the stereotype of a storied old-money plantation houses on the chesepeake with yachts and dry martinis. works for me.

STEREOTYPES, people... stereotypes. New Jersey has the highest per-capita income in the country (i believe).. but that is not the stereotype, now is it.

Maryland doesn't have the stereotype from "the wire" or any John Waters movie.... apparently MD has the stereotype of a storied old-money plantation houses on the chesepeake with yachts and dry martinis. works for me.

Actually I suspect he based it on Potomac-Bethesda-Chevy Chase intelligencia. Which also works.

Funny. But I agree about Maryland—clearly this guy has never been to The Dorf. Or Baltimore. Or the Eastern Shore. Or, well, probably anywhere. He appears to have watched Wedding Crashers, and based his opinion on that alone.

That's kind of what Stereotypes are.

I've been to Boston plenty of times and have never been to Southie. However, when I think Massacusetts, the image that comes to my mind is Good Will Hunting's friends.

Here are some of my stereotypes:

California: The land of milk and honey populated by fruits and nuts

Texas: Large beltbuckles, small minds

Florida: "Holy **** it's hot. I'm moving back to New Jersey. Wait, it's not that hot"

Massachusetts: Mass-holes.

Maine: Really freakin' cold. The weather is cold too.

Pennsylvania: State Law- All men over the age of 35 must grow a mustache

Virginia: "The greatest! Military beaches, decaying central and SW region of state, not politically relevant since 1850, and a nova population attached like a leach to the neck of the nation's tax stream. Just ask anyone that lives there, Virginia > everywhere else"

Alabama: Forest Gump lives there.

---------- Post added June-1st-2011 at 04:47 PM ----------

And since I did some negative, here are some positive:

Oregon: Cool, green, and a perpetual light rain, with rocky beaches and large snow-capped peaks in the background. Actually, that's not a steretype... it's actually like that. Beautiful place.

North Carolina: What Virginia wishes it was.

Kentucky: Horse farms and really nice grass. Not that kind. The kind you mow.

Most of the midwest except Michigan: The heart of America. Everyone talks like Tom Brokaw. The birthplace of our nation's most industrious people.

Colorado: snow capped peaks, great fly fishing, and beautiful country, populated by people who appreciate it.

Archived