Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Tressel has resigned

ixcuincle

Farewell Tressel. As a long time OSU fan, this is a sad occasion indeed.

Tressel finishes with a 106-22 record at Ohio State (66-14 in the Big Ten). He won a national championship in 2002, seven Big Ten championships, including the past six, and a 9-1 record against Michigan.

Akron faces Ohio State in the first game of the season. We'll see how this affects the game, on top of five of their starters being suspended, including TP. I'm hoping Akron can pull this one off.

Farewell to one of the greatest coaches in OSU history.

jim-tressel-nc.jpg

Kind of hard to overrate the program with the most wins and highest winning % in NCAA history.

We wouldn't brag about the Bullets 1978 NBA Championship would we? Or the Senators 1927 World Series? They've won one national title since 1950 and it wasn't even a consensus national championship.

We wouldn't brag about the Bullets 1978 NBA Championship would we? Or the Senators 1927 World Series? They've won one national title since 1950 and it wasn't even a consensus national championship.

I can't stand Michigan but you're trying to compare 1 season to the course of NCAA history, not a just comparison.

I can't stand Michigan but you're trying to compare 1 season to the course of NCAA history, not a just comparison.

No. You misread. I'm saying for such a #1 program they haven't exactly racked up what counts -- championships -- in the last 60 years. They've managed 1.

Urban is no lock given his heart troubles and potential reluctance to take over a struggling program which is likely headed for heavy sanctions.

The most logical choice is to simply promote from within, or sign a guy strongly familiar with the area who is a mid-major coach. A lot of the names I've seen being tossed around are the Toledo coach.

Archived