Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we were created in God's image and all born sinners... what does that say about God?

Burgold

A somewhat sincere, but mostly troublemaking thought for a Sunday morning. If we were all created in God's image, if God created us and yet we are all born wicked... well, does that mean God is good or a bit well...

Certainly, when we are speaking of being created in his image that speaks to the soul and not our physical appearance.... beauty is only skin deep, after all. I'm not sure what I'm looking with thought, but it intrigued me and so I put it out there. I don't truly mean to offend and I apologize if I do, but it's one of the beliefs that always has baffled me a bit.

(For what it's worth, I personally don't believe we are all born sinners. I think sin is a result of nurture versus nature in most cases)

Adam and Eve were not created as imperfect they chose to become so when they rebelled, then becuase you can not get somethingsinners perfect from that which is flawed all their children were born sinful by nature.

Ezekiel wrote the soul that is sinning it itself will die, now since even those new born at times die and all humans die then do to the sinful or imperfect nature all men are sinners, they have missed the mark for which they were created

Death is death

Not according to the Bible

The Bible describes five kinds of death:

a.) Physical death – death of the body (James 2:26)

b.) Spiritual death or separation from God (Rom. 6:23; Eph. 4:18)

c.) Eternal death – the second death (Rev. 20:14)

d.) Death to the law (Rom. 7:4)

e.) Death to sin (Rom. 6:11)

Adam and Eve were not created as imperfect they chose to become so when they rebelled, then because you can not get something sinners perfect from that which is flawed all their children were born sinful by nature.

the first creations of God were not sinners. however they chose to be. now we are too. ta da.

Seriously, this should end the thread.

From a Biblical point of view (which I assume is the point of view you're asking about), this directly answers the question.

Would you hold a ferral child accountable for not being able to function in society?

Are we talking as a parent or as God?

Children don't go feral w/o someone not doing their job,in which case the person responsible for them is accountable(subject of course to the child not being mentally defective)

Are we talking as a parent or as God?

Children don't go feral w/o someone not doing their job,in which case the person responsible for them is accountable(subject of course to the child not being mentally defective)

Do you see similarities between ferral children and children that were raised in a ghetto?

If you would hold accountable the care givers, what would you do with the children?

I thought the we were created in his image pretained to the fact we can comprehend and be sentient and create or destroy with our thoughts.

Well that would be one theory,but It wouldn't be a Burgold thread now would it? :pfft:

Do you see similarities between ferral children and children that were raised in a ghetto?

If you would hold accountable the care givers, what would you do with the children?

Again ....clarify who exactly

You seem to be using society as 'you' and attempting equivalency.

US society says ignorance of the law is no excuse,but gives a out to those that cannot differentiate between right and wrong(and removes them from the populace if dangerous)

Are you asking my judgement on society?

add

Is being raised in a ghetto equal to being raised w/o human interaction in your mind? ....or worse? :evilg:

Again ....clarify who exactly

You seem to be using society as 'you' and attempting equivalency.

US society says ignorance of the law is no excuse,but gives a out to those that cannot differentiate between right and wrong(and removes them from the populace if dangerous)

Are you asking my judgement on society?

I am asking you, the self-proclaimed member of the "age of accountability" crowd, about your view on accountability:

I'm in the age of accountability crowd,and reject your nature controlling your choices

What is the proper way of looking at nature, nurture, and choices?

Well that would be one theory,but It wouldn't be a Burgold thread now would it? :pfft:

Hey (grump)

I think I've always held the thought that some held that we are all born sinners and then get worse to be frictious. When I combined that thought this morning of we are all made in God's image it made me wonder if some believe, we were all made in God's image because we are sinners or how those views are reconciled.

As I said, it's a semi-troublemaking and semi-sincere thread.

That said, while I said I believe sin is mostly nurture and not nature, while twa's been arguing, I can't help but wonder about that small set of children born with a neurology or chemical design which strongly predisposes them towards aggression and violence. I think that's an element of misdirection for the most part though. I think for most of us, we get to choose despite our potentialities how sinful, noble, evil, good, or other we become.

I am asking you, the self-proclaimed member of the "age of accountability" crowd, about your view on accountability:

What is the proper way of looking at nature, nurture, and choices?

The age of accountability was in reference to spiritual matters,but I certainly extend it to everyday life.

I believe every reasoning person(not mentally defective) knows basic right from wrong.

What I have been thru does not determine my individual choices(it can effect the options),nor can I as a sentient being not be accountable for my choices.

Are my predispositions a matter of nature or nurture?....to me it does not matter,I still choose

The age of accountability was in reference to spiritual matters,but I certainly extend it to everyday life.

I believe every reasoning person(not mentally defective) knows basic right from wrong.

What I have been thru does not determine my individual choices(it can effect the options),nor can I as a sentient being not be accountable for my choices.

Are my predispositions a matter of nature or nurture?....to me it does not matter,I still choose

Presenting these issues in the context of right and wrong tends to oversimplify. It's like saying that your choices are equivalent as long as you don't break the law.

Is it wrong for you to watch TV instead of getting another job and feeding the homeless with the extra income?

---------- Post added May-29th-2011 at 11:29 AM ----------

Is being raised in a ghetto equal to being raised w/o human interaction in your mind? ....or worse? :evilg:

equal/better/worse are arbitrary value judgements.

Lack of human interaction during critical periods of development is known to cause severe and irreversable deficiencies on the neurobiological level.

Archived