Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Jerry Jones gets 'special permission'

tr1

Are you a moral investor  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a moral investor

• It's all about the profits, baby! I'm here to make money
    • Well, there's always a line. I just have a very high bar.
    • Yes, there are companies I just won't touch.
    • They're all corrupt. That's why my mattress is so lumpy.

I've always wanted to use this corny line, and now I can:

"Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt ;)"

Hail.

U guys are truly sick. Im this warped knowldge of yours .......mark rypien is a better qb then marino ....sorry but I gotta run. See y'all tomorrow ........I can't stop laughing though.......red was in the SB what ......6 years ago and that is relevent enough to make him a better qb then Tony dojo........sick sick sick people

U guys are truly sick. Im this warped knowldge of yours .......mark rypien is a better qb then marino ....sorry but I gotta run. See y'all tomorrow ........I can't stop laughing though.......red was in the SB what ......6 years ago and that is relevent enough to make him a better qb then Tony dojo........sick sick sick people

First Tweed, now me.

I'm noticing a pattern in the "sick" states thang. Maybe there's something YOU'D like to confess TRPB? Should I be worried?

I mean aside from your reading comprehension of where each QB is in their respective career achievements to date.

Hail.

I am seriously putting together a defense right now in my office, and i swear to you, I will find a way to get "IQ" into the audible call for this defense.......thats about as much as I can say about "IQ" I am motivated now........I will get TR1 in my playbook as well......

The Seahawks are just down the road from me...when's your first game? :ols:

First Tweed, now me.

I'm noticing a pattern in the "sick" states thang. Maybe there's something YOU'D like to confess TRPB? Should I be worried?

I mean aside from your reading comprehension of where each QB is in their respective career achievements to date.

Hail.

so are you saying if the two retired now and neither played another game that Rex Grossman has had a better career then Tony Romo sits to pee based on his 1 SB appearance?

I think you understand that Romo sits to pee is a better QB, but as far as their careers, Do you think that, that one appearance in the SB propels Rex over Romo sits to pee as far as having a better and more successful NFL career?

so are you saying if the two retired now and neither played another game that Rex Grossman has had a better career then Tony Romo sits to pee based on his 1 SB appearance?

I think you understand that Romo sits to pee is a better QB, but as far as their careers, Do you think that, that one appearance in the SB propels Rex over Romo sits to pee as far as having a better and more successful NFL career?

What would you rather have to tell the grandkid's at the end of the day?

Story's of failed season's when you caved under the expectation? Or story's of your day in the sun playing in the biggest game in World wide sports, and the exciting run upto that?

Hail.

Story's of failed season's when you caved under the expectation? Or story's of your day in the sun playing in the biggest game in World wide sports, and the exciting run upto that?

Hail.

i notice that no one answered this? hmmmm, maybe you're just too sick GHH?

Hail.

ok. I admit to seeing your point on this, and how great it is to be able to say that you played in a SB. I see that, and i do know that getting to that game is the absolute #1 reason why anyone plays this game at that level.

So, therefore i see your point on the importance of that and how great of an accomplishment it is, however i do think that your explanation of that in your response was quite exaggerated on both ends.

would you rather tell story's of :

While cleaning a pool somewhere in California.....to his grand-kids.........Hey kids I ever tell you that I played professional football...yep and i went to and played in a a Super Bowl!!!!...(have a seat) ....well...... in spite of my play in 2006, the team i played on got to the Super bowl, where it is widely regarded that I was the main reason for the loss vs the Indianapolis Colts. Not only that, in the 3 post season games in which i played that year the team won in spite of my performance...Man i had a good team then......But in those 3 games i only threw for 591 yards 3 TD and 3 INT. Also kids......2006 was the only year in my career that i was a full time starter, I lost my job just 3 games into the next season. Even though I was a 1st round pick (22nd overall) in 2003 I have only started in 34 games in my 8 year career.........Throwing for 7,081 yards 40 TD and 40 Ints. for 3 different teams (Bears, Texans, Redskins) But hey, I did play in a Superbowl......oh and could you please hand me that towel......cleaning this pool is hard work.....(as he wipes the sweat from his face) ........Kids say ......"WOW...you played against Peyton Manning???? WOWWW that's neat"..........

meanwhile....

Hey grandkids........Have I ever told you about my career in the NFL?........hey have a seat let me tell you. In my 7 year career in the NFL, where i wasn't drafted and had to try out for the Dallas Cowboys and make the team as the #3 QB in 2004, I started in 89 games and played in 2 pro bowls (a game where the best players play in Hawaii to showcase out talents against each other at the end of the year) In those 89 games i threw for 16,650 yards 118 TD and 62 INT's.....Oh and in 2007, a year in which i threw for 4211 yards, 36 TD's and 19 INT's i signed a 6 year extension to my contract worth 67 million dollars and 30 mill Guaranteed....so this is why I am telling you this story in my huge 12 bedroom mansion......and see that guy cleaning my pool........his name is Rex Grossman, he played in the NFL too. He was a 1st round pick AND he played in a super bowl........with the Bears. Yep, in spite of him that year in 2006 they went to the SB and lost to the Colts.....he lost his starting job 3 games into the next season....Then he spent a few years bouncing around from Houston to Washington.....until he lost his job again to a guy you probably never heard of either....John Beck....hahahahha (kids laugh too....hahahaha) Kids say "who is that??? Who is John Beck???? Ahh. It doesn't matter, he was replaced by Andrew Luck the very next year because the Redskins went 2-14........and had the first overall pick

John Beck....hahahahha (kids laugh too....hahahaha) Kids say "who is that??? Who is John Beck???? Ahh. It doesn't matter, he was replaced by Andrew Luck the very next year because the Redskins went 2-14........and had the first overall pick

Man, you don't learn.

Does everything have to be a pot shot at the Redskins? Seriously? You're on a Redskin forum. If you respected that, you might get more respect.

Man, you don't learn.

Does everything have to be a pot shot at the Redskins? Seriously? You're on a Redskin forum. If you respected that, you might get more respect.

no...not everything...I love Anthony Armstrong, Cooley is my fav non Cowboy TE in the NFL...and Rak is one of my favorite players despite playing for Washington.......I respect Skins players...not all of em, but some.......

Not Beck though hahha.....and come on, that really helped the end of that story.......

ok. I admit to seeing your point on this, and how great it is to be able to say that you played in a SB. I see that, and i do know that getting to that game is the absolute #1 reason why anyone plays this game at that level.

So, therefore i see your point on the importance of that and how great of an accomplishment it is, however i do think that your explanation of that in your response was quite exaggerated on both ends.

would you rather tell story's of :

While cleaning a pool somewhere in California.....to his grand-kids.........Hey kids I ever tell you that I played professional football...yep and i went to and played in a a Super Bowl!!!!...(have a seat) ....well...... in spite of my play in 2006, the team i played on got to the Super bowl, where it is widely regarded that I was the main reason for the loss vs the Indianapolis Colts. Not only that, in the 3 post season games in which i played that year the team won in spite of my performance...Man i had a good team then......But in those 3 games i only threw for 591 yards 3 TD and 3 INT. Also kids......2006 was the only year in my career that i was a full time starter, I lost my job just 3 games into the next season. Even though I was a 1st round pick (22nd overall) in 2003 I have only started in 34 games in my 8 year career.........Throwing for 7,081 yards 40 TD and 40 Ints. for 3 different teams (Bears, Texans, Redskins) But hey, I did play in a Superbowl......oh and could you please hand me that towel......cleaning this pool is hard work.....(as he wipes the sweat from his face) ........Kids say ......"WOW...you played against Peyton Manning???? WOWWW that's neat"..........

meanwhile....

Hey grandkids........Have I ever told you about my career in the NFL?........hey have a seat let me tell you. In my 7 year career in the NFL, where i wasn't drafted and had to try out for the Dallas Cowboys and make the team as the #3 QB in 2004, I started in 89 games and played in 2 pro bowls (a game where the best players play in Hawaii to showcase out talents against each other at the end of the year) In those 89 games i threw for 16,650 yards 118 TD and 62 INT's.....Oh and in 2007, a year in which i threw for 4211 yards, 36 TD's and 19 INT's i signed a 6 year extension to my contract worth 67 million dollars and 30 mill Guaranteed....so this is why I am telling you this story in my huge 12 bedroom mansion......and see that guy cleaning my pool........his name is Rex Grossman, he played in the NFL too. He was a 1st round pick AND he played in a super bowl........with the Bears. Yep, in spite of him that year in 2006 they went to the SB and lost to the Colts.....he lost his starting job 3 games into the next season....Then he spent a few years bouncing around from Houston to Washington.....until he lost his job again to a guy you probably never heard of either....John Beck....hahahahha (kids laugh too....hahahaha) Kids say "who is that??? Who is John Beck???? Ahh. It doesn't matter, he was replaced by Andrew Luck the very next year because the Redskins went 2-14........and had the first overall pick

you would bore the hell out of your grandkid telling either of those stories. :ols:

The non-exaggerated version would be:

Player 1 tells of his time playing in the NFL, the franchise records he set and how he once QB'd a team to a 13-3 record, threw 35 TDs, etc, etc...

And his grandkid would say "Wow, grandpa! Did you ever play in the Super Bowl?"

"No, Timmy, I never did...but I did throw 5 TDs once against Tampa Bay on Thanksgiving..."

Player 2 tells his grandkid about the year he was finally able to start all 16 games, the highs and lows of the season, highlights his best games and ignores his stinkers, then talks about the excitement of the playoffs, winning the NFC Championship game and what it was like to go up against one of the best QBs to ever play the game in the Super Bowl while the entire world watched.

Somehow I doubt his grandkid would say "Wow, grandpa! Did you ever set any franchise records?"...

But even IF he asked that, the response would be simple:

"No, Tommy, I never did...but only two QBs have ever taken the Bears to the Super Bowl. And I'm one of them."

you would bore the hell out of your grandkid telling either of those stories. :ols:

The non-exaggerated version would be:

Player 1 tells of his time playing in the NFL, the franchise records he set and how he once QB'd a team to a 13-3 record, threw 35 TDs, etc, etc...

And his grandkid would say "Wow, grandpa! Did you ever play in the Super Bowl?"

"No, Timmy, I never did...but I did throw 5 TDs once against Tampa Bay on Thanksgiving..."

Player 2 tells his grandkid about the year he was finally able to start all 16 games, the highs and lows of the season, highlights his best games and ignores his stinkers, then talks about the excitement of the playoffs, winning the NFC Championship game and what it was like to go up against one of the best QBs to ever play the game in the Super Bowl while the entire world watched.

Somehow I doubt his grandkid would say "Wow, grandpa! Did you ever set any franchise records?"...

But even IF he asked that, the response would be simple:

"No, Tommy, I never did...but only two QBs have ever taken the Bears to the Super Bowl. And I'm one of them."

hahahahahaha

okay man.........whatever you say. All the sudden we are talking about the greatness of one Rex Grossman.

Neither QB would go down in history as a special player, but i am going to go out on a limb here and say that Tony Romo sits to pee has put together a better career so far, even in spite of not having played in a SB.

hahahahahaha

okay man.........whatever you say. All the sudden we are talking about the greatness of one Rex Grossman.

Neither QB would go down in history as a special player, but i am going to go out on a limb here and say that Tony Romo sits to pee has put together a better career so far, even in spite of not having played in a SB.

trpb is starting to sound like an eagles fan/owner.

hahahahahaha

okay man.........whatever you say. All the sudden we are talking about the greatness of one Rex Grossman's career achievements when compared to Romo sits to pee's.

Fixed it for ya :thumbsup:

Would be interesting to see if either player would switch places with one another in terms of what they've experienced and accomplished so far in their careers. No doubt Tony Romo sits to pee is the better QB, but I somehow doubt Grossman would give up his Super Bowl season for a string of one-and-done appearances in the playoffs and ego stroking by the media.In fact I doubt any QB would.

Fixed it for ya :thumbsup:

Would be interesting to see if either player would switch places with one another in terms of what they've experienced and accomplished so far in their careers. No doubt Tony Romo sits to pee is the better QB, but I somehow doubt Grossman would give up his Super Bowl season for a string of one-and-done appearances in the playoffs and ego stroking by the media.In fact I doubt any QB would.

i bet he would, because the pay checks are so much different.........there is no doubt in my mind that Rex Grossman would take Romo sits to pee's career and his pay checks over his own....now, had they won that Superbowl....then absolutely not...no money in the world would make it better.....but since it was a loss, come on.............Rex hasn't made that much, he may have to clean pools for a living (for real) as Romo sits to pee has absolutely no worries financially....for the rest of his life!

i bet he would, because the pay checks are so much different.........there is no doubt in my mind that Rex Grossman would take Romo sits to pee's career and his pay checks over his own....now, had they won that Superbowl....then absolutely not...no money in the world would make it better.....but since it was a loss, come on.............Rex hasn't made that much, he may have to clean pools for a living (for real) as Romo sits to pee has absolutely no worries financially....for the rest of his life!

i'm starting to think you clean pools when you aren't coaching football, is that why you think grossman would be an asset in the pool cleaning industry?

Stop with the "pool cleaning" rhetoric, you don't even know what Grossman majored in during his college years or how much he saved up from his initial contract. Secondly, sounds as if you're placing paychecks and great games against the Bucs over making it to the Super Bowl, winning or not winning...and worse, you truly believe that men who have spent damn near their entire lives trying to get to the Super Bowl agree with you. Grossman doesn't want to be the starter for the Skins because he wants to return to the Super Bowl...he only wants to be starter for the bigger paycheck he could get. Romo sits to pee isn't bothered by not winning in the playoffs (save for one wildcard game) and never even coming close to making the Super Bowl...he's got those wonderful checks from Jerruh to cash regularly.

Well, ok, the part about Romo sits to pee is probably true. ;)

Stop with the "pool cleaning" rhetoric, you don't even know what Grossman majored in during his college years or how much he saved up from his initial contract. Secondly, sounds as if you're placing paychecks and great games against the Bucs over making it to the Super Bowl, winning or not winning...and worse, you truly believe that men who have spent damn near their entire lives trying to get to the Super Bowl agree with you. Grossman doesn't want to be the starter for the Skins because he wants to return to the Super Bowl...he only wants to be starter for the bigger paycheck he could get. Romo sits to pee isn't bothered by not winning in the playoffs (save for one wildcard game) and never even coming close to making the Super Bowl...he's got those wonderful checks from Jerruh to cash regularly.

Well, ok, the part about Romo sits to pee is probably true. ;)

Did I ever once mention a game that Romo sits to pee played against the Buc's???? Where did that come from...........

and you may have missed the part where i admitted to the importance of getting to a SB...its why all these guys play the game, every last one of them are motivated by that big game and the hopes and dreams of getting there......

It is a stupid comparison, but one made in fun to try and come up with some sort of comparison to the two players careers.......quite honestly, it was a silly (for fun argument) it really isn't even important and i am not sure if i could care any less then i do already about either one of their careers up till this point.........but i do know what you say is true and we all can agree on this....and that is the fact that Romo sits to pee is indeed a much BETTER QB then Grossman.

And as far as the pool cleaning, it was also said in jest....as its widely said in jest that Tony Romo sits to pee is a Homo....I am quite sure Skins fans do not actually believe that Tony Romo sits to pee is a Homosexual. as i dont ACTUALLY believe that Rex Grossman is going to end his life cleaning pools for a living......

Rex hasn't made that much, he may have to clean pools for a living (for real) as Romo sits to pee has absolutely no worries financially....for the rest of his life!

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?player=2826

What's it like to be wrong all the time? And since you have a pool cleaning obsession, i bet it is your real job. Except you are probably just the helper.

YearTeamBase SalarySign BonusOther BonusTotal SalaryCap ValuePosition2009Texans $ 620,000 $ 0 $ 2,080 $ 622,080 $ 462,080 QB2008Bears $ 1,500,000 $ 1,000,000 $ 2,000,000 $ 4,500,000 $ 3,000,000 QB2007Bears $ 2,035,000 $ 2,050,000 $ 1,004,800 $ 2,039,800 $ 2,492,300 QB2006Bears $ 625,000 $ 0 $ 4,290 $ 629,290 $ 1,685,124 QB2005Bears $ 465,000 $ 0 $ 4,290 $ 469,290 $ 1,525,123 QB2004Bears $ 305,000 $ 1,980,000 $ 4,500 $ 2,289,500 $ 1,365,333 QB 2003Bears $ 250,000 $ 2,050,000 $ 390,000 $ 2,690,000 $ 1,050,000 QB

what the hell is this??? hahahahaha

And save the "Rex Grossman made all this money" post.....it was a joke. I know he isn't poor, I know he isn't going to be a pool cleaner for Tony Romo sits to pee......I know he made monney...he was a 1st round pick in 2003....I get it!!!!!!

It was in jest

and I also know that we dont judge players by thier money and/or thier checks......that was part of the joke........too.

okay. you guys say I never admit wrong.

I am wrong, and up till this point of life 5/27/2011, Rex Grossman has put together a better career then Tony Romo sits to pee because he did in fact start in a SUPERBOWL,,......and led his team to TWO playoff wins (including the NFC Title game in 2003 over the Saints)...

Did I ever once mention a game that Romo sits to pee played against the Buc's???? Where did that come from..........

I mentioned it, you didn't need to...it symbolizes everything you're placing ahead of playing in the SB as the starting QB. That should have been obvious, and I'm positive it was to everyone, except you.

and you may have missed the part where i admitted to the importance of getting to a SB...its why all these guys play the game, every last one of them are motivated by that big game and the hopes and dreams of getting there......

You never said that, not in the post to me. You actually downplayed merely "getting" to the SB:

"now, had they won that Superbowl....then absolutely not...no money in the world would make it better.....but since it was a loss, come on" -TRPB

And you also claim that it's just not as important to any of them as a paycheck...that part of your post I didn't miss. Grossman, nor Romo sits to pee, would trade extra money in their bank account for having a Super Bowl season in your eyes:

"i bet he would, because the pay checks are so much different.........there is no doubt in my mind that Rex Grossman would take Romo sits to pee's career and his pay checks over his own...." -TRPB

So I missed nothing.

It is a stupid comparison, but one made in fun to try and come up with some sort of comparison to the two players careers.......quite honestly, it was a silly (for fun argument) it really isn't even important and i am not sure if i could care any less then i do already about either one of their careers up till this point.........but i do know what you say is true and we all can agree on this....and that is the fact that Romo sits to pee is indeed a much BETTER QB then Grossman.

Which, of course, was never once argued or stated. Unless that imaginary friend you're always arguing with said something again...

And as far as the pool cleaning, it was also said in jest....as its widely said in jest that Tony Romo sits to pee is a Homo....I am quite sure Skins fans do not actually believe that Tony Romo sits to pee is a Homosexual. as i dont ACTUALLY believe that Rex Grossman is going to end his life cleaning pools for a living......

I must have missed the "lol" and winking emoticon when you said this:

"Rex hasn't made that much, he may have to clean pools for a living (for real) as Romo sits to pee has absolutely no worries financially"

Maybe the "for real" in parenthesis was a typo?

I mentioned it, you didn't need to...it symbolizes everything you're placing ahead of playing in the SB as the starting QB. That should have been obvious, and I'm positive it was to everyone, except you.

You never said that, not in the post to me. You actually downplayed merely "getting" to the SB:

"now, had they won that Superbowl....then absolutely not...no money in the world would make it better.....but since it was a loss, come on" -TRPB

And you also claim that it's just not as important to any of them as a paycheck...that part of your post I didn't miss. Grossman, nor Romo sits to pee, would trade extra money in their bank account for having a Super Bowl season in your eyes:

"i bet he would, because the pay checks are so much different.........there is no doubt in my mind that Rex Grossman would take Romo sits to pee's career and his pay checks over his own...." -TRPB

So I missed nothing.

Which, of course, was never once argued or stated. Unless that imaginary friend you're always arguing with said something again...

I must have missed the "lol" and winking emoticon when you said this:

"Rex hasn't made that much, he may have to clean pools for a living (for real) as Romo sits to pee has absolutely no worries financially"

Maybe the "for real" in parenthesis was a typo?

you need a girlfriend or something man......it was almost all 100% in jest man.......

You spend entirely too much energy on trying to prove pointless things on this forum....ya have to be able to see the different from things in jest and seriousness. even without the little smiley or wink icons........which I rarely use because of how silly people look when they put multiple smiley icons in their post.

Archived