Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you, or would you, eat Gulf Coast seafood

Mickalino

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Sometimes I am so jealous of Southern cooking. They really have a dream cuisine down there. Various fried meats, collard greens, catfish, gumbo, barbecue

If you are in the South you must be one lucky son of a gun

I'll be moving to Dover AFB in August. When I make it to the ES tailgate I plan on bringing some homemade gumbo and some of my barbecue, if you're there, I'll hook a brother up. I might be a Yankee but I've lived in the South long enough to throw down with the best of them.

And I used to buy the easy-peel from Costco all the time. Now I find out all their shrimp is from Vietnam or Thailand. Eff all that. I'll only buy east coast shrimp from now on (NC or VA).
Wait... what?

Why would seafood from Vietnam or Thailand suddenly be different this year?

Maybe he is a fan of sustainable food / local food practices

Eat local

Or maybe he was referring to these seafood practices from Asia :

http://www.vimeo.com/11817894

Are those barricuda? Wahoo? I saw them for sale in St. Lucia, but Ive never had one (barricuda) myself. Very boney fish. Bonier then even freshwater fish like pike or walleye. I could be wrong though, but some of those pics look like barricuda to me. Where is this pier? Lots of nice sized fish, and somewhat of a variety as well. I would have been happy catching that flounder, it used to be my favorate fish to eat. Flounder stuffed with crabmeat. Oh well for me.

I live in New Orleans, and eat gulf seafood several times a week. All the seafood caught down here right now is great quality and perfectly safe. The only problem is that in some areas, the seafood population has not recovered and/or is still too small to be worth catching.

look like Spanish mackerel,good eating

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. Ive never caught one before, so yeah I was grasping. Some of them are lunkers. The black tipped shark was the coolest catch in my opinion.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. Ive never caught one before, so yeah I was grasping. Some of them are lunkers. The black tipped shark was the coolest catch in my opinion.

The Cobia ought to be running now

with the mackerel ya got to soak it in milk or 7 up to mellow it out

The Cobia ought to be running now

with the mackerel ya got to soak it in milk or 7 up to mellow it out

I caught a Cobia under the Midnight Pass bridge in Sarasota once. What a fight! When I was pulling it in, I saw that flat, almost shark like head and I thought it was a shark. teh old man fishing next to me told me what it was and that it was great eating too. I landed a fifteen pounder and gave it to him because we already had a bunch of Snook.

Is the mackerel really that fishy tasting? I marinade bass in milk and melted butter, and catfish too if Im going to end up frying them.

What kind of "oil" flavor are we talking, here ? :paranoid:

The Omega 3 kind ,supposedly good for ya up to a limit....kinda like fresh tuna or salmon as mentioned

it's what ya get with fish oil capsules

twa, do you know of a place in the houston area that has a good alligator dish, preferably grilled?

i had some rock fish from the wicomico river a couple days ago, it was better than any fish ive had from the gulf coast.

I don't go out for gator,but there are a number of Cajun restaurants that serve it....Lafayettes is pretty good cajun on the West side,but not sure on grilled

I'll ask my brother,I'm on the far east side...you got a preference on part of town ?

I don't go out for gator,but there are a number of Cajun restaurants that serve it....Lafayettes is pretty good cajun on the West side,but not sure on grilled

I'll ask my brother,I'm on the far east side...you got a preference on part of town ?

doesnt matter im coming from galveston

Archived