Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Judgement Day! October 21, 2011

Toe Jam

Deuteronomy 18:21 You may say to yourself, "How can we recognize a word that the LORD has not spoken?" If a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD but the thing does not take place or prove true, it is a word that the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; do not be frightened by it.

Deuteronomy 18:21 You may say to yourself, "How can we recognize a word that the LORD has not spoken?" If a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD but the thing does not take place or prove true, it is a word that the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; do not be frightened by it.

I thought you were taken up?

:-)

Man, i finally just fought my way back when i realized all my loved ones were heathens and couldnt join me...

I can't do this again in October.

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 08:39 AM ----------

Doesn't Revelation say that no man knows the hour or the day?

But the Month is apparently October...

Doesn't Revelation say that no man knows the hour or the day?

Not Revelation, Jesus says it in Matthew 24:36 "But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

and then again in Matthew 24:44 " Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an unexpected hour."

Both of those were in Jesus' discussion with his disciples when they asked him how they will know when to expect the return of the Son of Man, his response is in essence, "Don't watch for it, but keep to the mission you have been given until that day, and ignore those who think they know, and those who say they are me, because when I do arrive....everyone will know without a shadow of a doubt."

In the end, anyone who claims to know the time of Jesus' return is a liar, or says that Jesus is one.

"Don't watch for it, but keep to the mission you have been given until that day, and ignore those who think they know, and those who say they are me, because when I do arrive....everyone will know without a shadow of a doubt."

In the end, anyone who claims to know the time of Jesus' return is a liar, or says that Jesus is one.

I hardly think Jesus wanted us to not watch for Him...He oftentimes told us TO watch, be aware, never slumber, things like that.....what happened to the virgins who didn't watch and were unaware? what about the one who didn't watch and the master of the house came?

Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. Mark 13:33.

For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Mark 13:34.

Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the ****crowing, or in the morning:Mark 13:35.

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Luke 21:36.

Christians are called the "bride of Christ" and in the Jewish type and shadow she awaited the coming of her groom to come and catch her away into the chamber just as he would for us to watch and be prepared......it would be foolishness not to be waiting on Jesus' return, as a Christian...

I hardly think Jesus wanted us to not watch for Him...He oftentimes told us TO watch, be aware, never slumber, things like that.....what happened to the virgins who didn't watch and were unaware? what about the one who didn't watch and the master of the house came?

Ahh but you misread the parable of the 10 bridesmaids, their job was not to be watching for the bridegroom but instead to tend their lamps, he told that parable in Matthew 24-26 when he's talking about the End of Days, and he combines that parable with the parable of the Talents and the Separation of the Sheep and the Goats, and all three of them are the same parable, they are that the church is to mind the task that it has been given so that when Jesus does return they will be found with their hands to the plow and not just gazing off into the Eastern sky.

Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. Mark 13:33.

For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Mark 13:34.

Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the ****crowing, or in the morning:Mark 13:35.

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Luke 21:36.

Christians are called the "bride of Christ" and in the Jewish type and shadow she awaited the coming of her groom to come and catch her away into the chamber just as he would for us to watch and be prepared......it would be foolishness not to be waiting on Jesus' return, as a Christian...

Those are all calls to be mindful that we are expecting our master to return and that He has given us a mission to perform until that day, and the bride's job is to prepare herself for the groom, we as Christians prepare/wait for Christ's eventual return by serving God through the mission He has given to us, not by watching the Eastern sky.

This parable sets the stage for the three that follow: 10 Bridesmaids, Talents, Separation of the Sheep and the Goats.

Matthew 24:44-51 Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an unexpected hour. 45 "Who then is the faithful and wise slave, whom his master has put in charge of his household, to give the other slaves their allowance of food at the proper time? 46 Blessed is that slave whom his master will find at work when he arrives. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put that one in charge of all his possessions. 48 But if that wicked slave says to himself, 'My master is delayed,' 49 and he begins to beat his fellow slaves, and eats and drinks with drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour that he does not know. 51 He will cut him in pieces and put him with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Ahh but you misread the parable of the 10 bridesmaids, .

An excerpt from the Olivet Discourse where Jesus is specifically conversing on the end of days:

And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Luke 21:33-34.

But as we bothed just proved here, scripture is always open to interpretation, lol.....

An excerpt from the Olivet Discourse where Jesus is specifically conversing on the end of days:

And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Luke 21:33-34.

But as we bothed just proved here, scripture is always open to interpretation, lol.....

And again I'd say that what Jesus is saying in Luke is stay to the task at hand lest you be caught unprepared, and how does a Christian prepare but by remaining in faith and at the work given to us? What's more is that by Jesus' own words the Son of Man will come upon us at an unexpected hour, so "take heed...so that the day come upon you unawares" cannot mean "look for the day" especially because we have been told that we will necessarily be surprised at Jesus' return as he comes like a thief in the night, and at an unexpected time. Instead "take heed...so that the day come upon you unawares" most likely should be read as "take heed....so that the day come upon you unprepared" rather than the idea that we shouldn't be surprised.

Camping: "Oops, I forgot to carry the 7 when doing the calculations. Sorry, ok? The real date is in October. Send money."

My personal theory is that he's old enough that he's banking on dying before he has to explain himself again.

Archived