Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Girl Problems

NotSoSuper

Well let me start off with im a freshman in highschool. Laugh all you want haha. But here is the problem ive never been the most social guy never had a girlfriend in middle school because i was so shy and focused on academics. But now a girl has caught my eye, i see her at a restraunt i go to sometimes because she works there and i chatted her on facebook and she talked we talked for a minute or two.That was in april Oh and btw shes a junior but i am soon to be 16 and a freshman and im much taller then her (6'). Now i see her in school sometimes but i dont know really how to approach her since we havnt talked in such a long time. Any advice is welcomed

Reach out again in Facebook and see how she responds.

Also know, the shyness and hesitation you are feeling is quite normal. It takes a bunch of yeses and noes before it goes away or at least lessens. I still sometimes get butterflies and I'm OOOOOooold!

"Nice shoes, wanna ****?" should work.

In all seriousness though, it's hard. The best thing I can tell you is to just be yourself. If she likes that, great. If she doesn't, I'm sure there are a few hundred other girls at your school.

As far as starting conversation, try a simple, "Hey! How are you? It's been a while, huh? What have you been up to?" Easier said than done though, I know. I'm 37, and I still get nervous in that situation. :ols:

Hit her up on facebook and see how she responds is a good test to see if she is receptive to you. During that time, ask her a question you can follow up on the next time you see her...

Dont underestimate yourself. You are tall. Women like tall. You are smart, women eventually like smart. If you can play a sport you have the teenage trifecta. Turning sixteen and getting a car evens the playing field for the older juniors and seniors trying to get her attention as well.

Its understandable to be shy and nervous. Its uncharted territory for you and you are out of your comfort zone. No worries, play it off the best you can. Be funny, be happy, and mix that in with being yourself if you are usually neither of those things... lol.

If you see her in school, make eye contact, smile and walk up to her like its comfortable for both of you. Dont be sheepish, or shy like a wall flower, it works against you. Just be yourself, and remember to keep the conversation flowing, and if you are going to run out of conversation, just end it or create a reason to catch up with her later. You got this.

After a few friendly encounters like that, hopefully a comfort level is established and it can lead to seeing each other and hanging out in a non school setting. good luck.

Don't try to impress her. Be yourself.

Just a word of advice. I never have looked back in my life and thought....Wow! I landed a hot babe, au contraire! I usually think, "boy, what a mistake!" Some of the best women I think back to, are women that I never even kissed. I can't really explain this very well....you'll see for yourself someday!

Anyone else get a sinking feeling in their gut remembering your first awkward attempts to approach a hot girl. :ols:

Super, I don't know if this will help you at all but two things struck me at once when I was just a bit older than you:

1. If I'm too scared to ask a girl out, I'll acheieve the same results I do if I ask her out and she says no. If I ask her out and she says no, I haven't lost anything.

2. If she says yes, have fun. Don't try to figure out cute little romantic ways to make her evening special. Its a lot more fun being around a person who is having fun than being around a person trying to make YOU have fun.

Good luck man.

Anyone else get a sinking feeling in their gut remembering your first awkward attempts to approach a hot girl. :ols:

Super, I don't know if this will help you at all but two things struck me at once when I was just a bit older than you:

1. If I'm too scared to ask a girl out, I'll acheieve the same results I do if I ask her out and she says no. If I ask her out and she says no, I haven't lost anything.

2. If she says yes, have fun. Don't try to figure out cute little romantic ways to make her evening special. Its a lot more fun being around a person who is having fun than being around a person trying to make YOU have fun.

Good luck man.

Im not in the asking out stage yet i still want to get to know her a little more but i def agree with you on the first one.

---------- Post added May-23rd-2011 at 07:41 PM ----------

You're a freshman in high school and about to turn 16?! :rubeyes:
when i was little i moved in the middle of kindergarden and had to wait till next year to do it over again. Theres about 3 people in my class who are about to turn 16 too

If you've already talked to her just walk right up to her and say hello. Don't be weird about it just act completely normal. Acting normal means confident BTW... most people are skittish when doing routine tasks and talking to people they already know.

That or the shoes thing. :ols:

I have no idea what to say on facebook though haha. I dont wanna bring up the restraunt thing again. And thanks for all the advice and cologne or no?

Well, facebook isn't necessary. People met before facebook, and it could still work. Just go in one day when she is working for lunch. Do the friendly chit chat thing about the restaurant, menu, or surrounding area, and then before you leave ask if she is planning on seeing the Hangover 2 (you may have a bit of a time getting into a rated R movie, im not sure, I had a friend buy my tickets for me when I was young, but any movie will work really) and if she says yes, then ask if she and a group of her friends wanted to meet up for the movie, or possibly before the movie with a you and a couple of yoiur friends........ It may work. 50/50 chance it works.

Id say no to cologne at first. Keep to the good smelling soaps and deoderants until a date happens. before the date, apply the cologne sparingly. No drenching. Once on the back of the neck very lightly, again no drenching, once lightly on the wrist, exchange with both wrists. No more.

Well, facebook isn't necessary. People met before facebook, and it could still work. Just go in one day when she is working for lunch. Do the friendly chit chat thing about the restaurant, menu, or surrounding area, and then before you leave ask if she is planning on seeing the Hangover 2 (you may have a bit of a time getting into a rated R movie, im not sure, I had a friend buy my tickets for me when I was young, but any movie will work really) and if she says yes, then ask if she and a group of her friends wanted to meet up for the movie, or possibly before the movie with a you and a couple of yoiur friends........ It may work. 50/50 chance it works.

Id say no to cologne at first. Keep to the good smelling soaps and deoderants until a date happens. before the date, apply the cologne sparingly. No drenching. Once on the back of the neck very lightly, again no drenching, once lightly on the wrist, exchange with both wrists. No more.

The restraunt thing was so long ago april something that id feel akward bringing it up.

The restraunt thing was so long ago april something that id feel akward bringing it up.

If she works at the restaurant, go eat at the restaurant and strike up conversation with her there.

If the only place you see her is school, then make friends with someone in her circle of friends, and work in the movie thing that way. You and a couple of your friends, (could be guys and chicks) get together with a couple of her friends and her, and everyone gets together for a movie?

it becomes a way to get to know her in a group setting, its a mutual experiencee for both of you to recall, and build from. Def not as tense as a first date would be.

You will be fine with whatever you come up with. Most important thing to remember is that there is absolutely no reason to get nervous. Easier said then done. I know, but you have to practice it.

If she works at the restaurant, go eat at the restaurant and strike up conversation with her there.

If the only place you see her is school, then make friends with someone in her circle of friends, and work in the movie thing that way. You and a couple of your friends, (could be guys and chicks) get together with a couple of her friends and her, and everyone gets together for a movie?

it becomes a way to get to know her in a group setting, its a mutual experiencee for both of you to recall, and build from. Def not as tense as a first date would be.

You will be fine with whatever you come up with. Most important thing to remember is that there is absolutely no reason to get nervous. Easier said then done. I know, but you have to practice it.

Alright i have some few convos starters with her good friends as i used to ride horses and her friend rides where i used too.

Archived