Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What were you doing at 6:00 p.m. tonight?

Forehead

Me, I was driving home from Olive Garden (suck it zoony) with my wife and kid. Told my wife that just in case, I would miss her, since her father is a man of the cloth and I figured she'd get grandfathered in. Reelin' in the Years by Steely Dan was on the radio. 6:00 struck...well, nothing happened. Either way, where were you in anticipation of the rapture?

This is funny.......I was mowing the grass and I checked the time on my Google phone (I was also listening to music on it through headphones). It was 5:58. I think to myself, "Well, 2 minutes until the apocalypse - haha" and right at that moment I heard the following lyrics from the Jason Mraz song (titled I'm Yours) I was listening to, "Nothings gonna stop me but divine intervention."

What if the rapture did happen? Assuming for a second the wrong minded notion of the rapture pushed by this latest group of nuts was biblical... why do people think many would be chosen? Maybe it did happen and a dozen missionaries in the worst parts of the world that gave up all interest in material wealth and instead dedicated themselves to helping the most needy vanished. We'd just assume they were killed. :)

What did you think of the 1st one? I liked the whole series, but I think the 2nd was my least favorite.

first one was good, not great. This one was way too much. The superhero dude, the defying death, the secret spies, the ultimate conspiracy theory stuff. Lisbeth went from being a girl who was just misunderstood by society, to somebody who the entire society was out to get. Just too much. She went from somebody I could relate to to somebody I was supposed to feel sorry for (and I really didn't). Then all the unnecessary characters, all the predictable drama, all the one-dimensional characters. There was just nobody that I really fell in love with in this book. I kinda hated everybody equally.

Archived