Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

O'Bama finds his roots

Corcaigh

Obama made a great impression in Ireland today with the locals.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/05/before-25000-in-dublin-obama-of-the-moneygall-obamas-celebrates-his-irish-ancestry.html

The full speech is at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/05/23/remarks-president-irish-celebration-dublin-ireland

Although looking at the comments in the ABC news site, it looks like he still has a few American detractors. :ols:

Although looking at the comments in the ABC news site, it looks like he still has a few American detractors. :ols:

Comments sections are invariably full of right-wing racists and leftist anti-Americans. I always find them very disturbing on most sites.

When I see how this guy benefits us, I'll take your point.

Good point. It's not only an alien concept, but they're slow learners too. :pfft:

---------- Post added May-23rd-2011 at 04:47 PM ----------

Wait, I thought he was a Marxist/Islamic/Black Panther militant from Kenya?

Wow who knew!

He's a Marxist who's in cahoots with big business and Wall Street. And a Muslim, Radical Protestant, Atheist.

Obama is one complex dude.

He's a Marxist who's in cahoots with big business and Wall Street. And a Muslim, Radical Protestant, Atheist.

Obama is one complex dude.

Actually, he doesn't go to church anymore. Officially, because he's the first president who's too famous to be able to. :ols:

Officially, because he's the first president who's too famous to be able to. :ols:

I missed that speech.

And the Camp David chapel doesn't count?

I don't think you've ever been a believer in "separation of Mosque and state" anyway. :pfft:

---------- Post added May-23rd-2011 at 05:20 PM ----------

I enjoyed reading that speech, thanks for posting. Cool to see his reception. Looks like he's a little more popular than the Queen

The Queen actually got a lot of love too. But for some the wounds are still a little fresh.

There's always been an argument in Ireland between those who blame the British for everything, and those who think anyone who blames the British is a Republican terrorist sympathizer (the 'get over it crowd').

obamas-434.jpg

Seriously wth? This is just another stupid political move he shouldn't be making.Run around the globe Mr President,

Yeah, because he's the only President in history to leave the U.S. to visit allies. And BTW, thanks for linking to that crappy hack piece. If it reflects your thinking, you've done us a service by pegging just how you think.

Seriously wth? This is just another stupid political move he shouldn't be making. Run around the globe Mr President, the farther you go the less you will here the nation crumble

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100088971/obama-oh-puh-lease/

That is one of the worst, emotionaly charged, hate filled, peices of **** articles I have ever seen posted in Tailgate. :ols:

Congratulations.

If there is one thing the british are terrible at, it is writing newspaper articles.

Except, when he’s in Africa, of course, when he disappears into the dry ice and re-emerges with a grass skirt and a bone through his nose and declares himself to be Mandingo, Prince of the Bloodline of the Bonga People, Drinker of Cattle Urine, Father of A Thousand Warrior Sons, Keeper of King Solomon’s Mines, Barehanded Slayer of Lions, Undaunted Victim of the Evil Colonial British Empire.

WTF? Wow. Do we even need to dive into that one? :ols:

’ve argued before that Tony Blair and Barack Obama have an awful lot in common. Both are lawyers; both are snake-oil-salesman; both claim to be post-partisan, and Third Way and consensual; both play the acceptable, moderate-seeming public face of a regime chock full of Communists, class warriors, single issue rabble rousers, malcontents, communitarians and eco-loons hell bent on destroying every last vestige of what once made their country great. And both do (or did) the things dodgy political leaders always do when the going gets tough at home and their domestic audience finally wises up to how totally useless they are: they hop on the plane and pose as international statesman instead.

The rest of the article is trash, I am struggling to find out what his point is even.

Haha that's awesome. Can't believe the stupidety some of you shown here about a different view point then your own. You guys appear to be cheerleaders of this lying piece of garbage that's hurt our nation as much as that last piece of crap we had running this nation. Obama shouldn't be overseas, he shouldn't be talking about Ireland or Pakistan, or anything else right now. He needs to get this country back to being important and thriving once again. When I see stupid crap like this its a reminder he's not doing what he is supposed to be doing. I guess championing in his world tour is part of his job discription?

Comments sections are invariably full of right-wing racists and leftist anti-Americans. I always find them very disturbing on most sites.

I encounter more racism in the comments section of a single youtube video, than I have in the rest of my life combined. It's truly disgusting. I can't imagine being a 12-year-old minority kid and seeing stuff like that.

I've considered making a thread about it in the past. Whether people are posting what they truly believe or just trolling. Even if I was doing tthe latter, I can't imagine saying the stuff they say--even in jest.

Haha that's awesome. Can't believe the stupidety some of you shown here about a different view point then your own.

I actually love to discuss different opinions. However, that article you shared with us was not some well thought out or interesting opposing opinion. It was a race baiting, emotionally charged, peice of **** that did nothing but throw bombs.

You guys appear to be cheerleaders of this lying piece of garbage that's hurt our nation as much as that last piece of crap we had running this nation.

I can see why you enjoyed the article. It seems to be on your level of discourse.

Obama shouldn't be overseas, he shouldn't be talking about Ireland or Pakistan, or anything else right now. He needs to get this country back to being important and thriving once again. When I see stupid crap like this its a reminder he's not doing what he is supposed to be doing. I guess championing in his world tour is part of his job discription?

Actual, yes it is. It is one of the biggest and most important parts of his job in fact.

Haha that's awesome. Can't believe the stupidety some of you shown here about a different view point then your own. You guys appear to be cheerleaders of this lying piece of garbage that's hurt our nation as much as that last piece of crap we had running this nation. Obama shouldn't be overseas, he shouldn't be talking about Ireland or Pakistan, or anything else right now. He needs to get this country back to being important and thriving once again. When I see stupid crap like this its a reminder he's not doing what he is supposed to be doing. I guess championing in his world tour is part of his job discription?

Cannot tell if serious or trolling...

Archived