Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP "Macho Man" Randy Savage

BeachSkin

He seemed like one of the few wrestlers to succesfully "get on with his life." Granted, he was persona non grata with the McMahons, but he could have made some easy paydays in TNA but was only there for a brief cup of coffee a few year ago.

Still...another relatively young wrestler dead of a heart attack. When do governments acknowledge that there is a multi-million dollar industry that has an alarming death rate and no regulation?

RIP Macho :(

Wow. This is really the first major wrestler from the era I grew up in that died... Major meaning Million Dollar Man, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior... Those guys. Really, really sad.

Hopefully the rest live for quite some time!!

RIP Macho :(

Wow. This is really the first major wrestler from the era I grew up in that died... Major meaning Million Dollar Man, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior... Those guys. Really, really sad.

Hopefully the rest live for quite some time!!

Hawk, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Andre, Owen Hart, Ray Traylor, Dino Bravo, Adrian Adonis, Miss Elizabeth, Sherri Martel. If you watch a video from a late 80s/early 90s WWF Pay Per View, there are matches were everyone - incluing the ref - is now deceased.

Imagine if half the players from the 1989 NBA Finals were dead. Someone would care.

Hawk' date=' Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Andre, Owen Hart, Ray Traylor, Dino Bravo, Adrian Adonis, Miss Elizabeth, Sherri Martel. If you watch a video from a late 80s/early 90s WWF Pay Per View, there are matches were everyone - incluing the ref - is now deceased.[/quote']

When I typed that, I was so at a loss I completely forgot about all of them.

Man.

Add to the death list Davey Boy Smith,Eddie Guerrero, and before them,Quick Draw Rick McGraw. Rick was,if memory serves,one of the first of the "named" wrestlers,(he was beginning to climb the ladder when he died),to die in 1985.

I wonder how Vince McMahon and the WWE will acknowledge it. The rumor of why Savage was not welcome back there anymore was quite scandalous...they never did make a Macho Man DVD like they did for several other big stars of that era.

Wrestlemania 5

April 2, 1989

Hercules (dead) versus Haku

Akeem and Big Boss Man (dead) versus Michales and Jannetty (both somehow still alive)

Beefcake versus DiBiase

Bushwackhers versus Rogeaus. (All are still alive. The interesting thing - to me - is that these four were basically 1970s wrestlers. The pre-steroids and painkillers era).

Perfect versus Owen Hart (dead...dead)

Dino Bravo (dead) versus Ronnie Garvin (another 70s wrestler)

Arn and Tully versus Martel and Tito

Jake the Snake (somehow not dead) versus Andre (dead)

Hart Foundation versus Valentine and Honky Tonk Man

Rude (dead) versus Warrior

Duggan versus Bad News Brown (dead)

Terry Taylor versus Bobby Heenan

Hogan versus Savage (dead) with Elizabeth (dead) in a neutral corner. Sherri Martel (dead) was also involved.

11 participants are dead. One had a stroke (Bret Hart). Two are notorious drug addicts (Roberts and Jannetty).

Wrestlemania 5

April 2' date=' 1989

Hercules (dead) versus Haku

Akeem and Big Boss Man (dead) versus Michales and Jannetty (both somehow still alive)

Beefcake versus DiBiase

Bushwackhers versus Rogeaus. (All are still alive. The interesting thing - to me - is that these four were basically 1970s wrestlers. The pre-steroids and painkillers era).

Perfect versus Owen Hart (dead...dead)

Dino Bravo (dead) versus Ronnie Garvin (another 70s wrestler)

Arn and Tully versus Martel and Tito

Jake the Snake (somehow not dead) versus Andre (dead)

Hart Foundation versus Valentine and Honky Tonk Man

Rude (dead) versus Warrior

Duggan versus Bad News Brown (dead)

Terry Taylor versus Bobby Heenan

Hogan versus Savage (dead) with Elizabeth (dead) in a neutral corner. Sherri Martel (dead) was also involved.

11 participants are dead. One had a stroke (Bret Hart). Two are notorious drug addicts (Roberts and Jannetty).[/quote']

And Heenan is not doing well :(

Archived