Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hogs Haven - Carlos Rogers: "It would be fun to play against the Redskins twice a year."

Sweet Sassy Molassy

http://www.hogshaven.com/2011/5/18/2178010/carlos-rogers-it-would-be-fun-to-play-against-the-redskins-twice-a

Click Link for Full Article.

Carlos Rogers: "It would be fun to play against the Redskins twice a year."

Long-time Washington Times, Redskins beat-writer, David Elfin, just posted a column on 106.7 with a rather candid interview with Carlos Rogers. For those of you expecting the Auburn Cornerback to return, don't count on it:

"I ain't never discounting the Redskins, but my mindset right now is that it's time for a change," said Rogers, "I don't think I've been as appreciated as I should be in that organization, not by everybody. I've always been the No. 2 corner, but I'm the one they put on a guy they want to shut down. I just don't have the interceptions like DeAngelo Hall has and Shawn (Springs, Hall's predecessor) used to have.

While that is true, turnovers are often a big reason games are won.

"My agent's real confident that I'm going to get a good contract. After [Oakland's Nnamdi Asomugha], who's going to get real big money, I'm the next corner out there. You hear that the Cowboys and Eagles are looking for a corner. It would be fun to play against the Redskins twice a year."

It's well-known Carlos is in debt, and I had heard that at some point he was living in Jason Campbell's house this past season. The guy's play definitely will pull in some money somewhere, though I'm not sure it will be the major haul he's looking for. With the Redskins fan-based already pissed off from 3 straight years of abysmal play, a comment about playing against your former team, that still IS your current team, probably won't be well-received.

Hey, at least now we're talking about something other than Mormon Quarterbacks.

--------------------------------------

C'mon Carlos, sure you want more money, but you've become a bit of a diva, and you don't even have the cred to be such. Sure you're the "next" guy out there after Nnamdi, but that doesn't mean you're great either.

C'mon Carlos, sure you want more money, but you've become a bit of a diva, and you don't even have the cred to be such. Sure you're the "next" guy out there after Nnamdi, but that doesn't mean you're great either.

Great, Beck will just throw at him all day. No INTs in those games. Have him drop passes for the Eagles or Giants, see how quickly you're cut.

Peace out! I think it would be fun to play against any team you are starting for twice a year. We will take the money you want and we will sign Asomuhga and actually get INTs when they are thrown our way. This would be like Blatche saying he would like to play against the Wizards rival. Makes no difference to me. Carlos was a waste.

In addition to his comments over the years that clearly show he has a bloated sense of self-worth as a player, this shows he has his head up his ass off the field too:

It's well-known Carlos is in debt, and I had heard that at some point he was living in Jason Campbell's house this past season.

A starting NFL CB who has been in the league for several years is broke and homeless? Loser.

Its pretty simple. Carlos thinks he's much better than he actually is.

---------- Post added May-18th-2011 at 04:15 PM ----------

i thought the same thing...he goes somewhere else and is suddenly the best CB in the league, with 12 INTs

ala Walt Harris

Archived