Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Charles Barkley: In sports, ability to play should outweigh sexual orientation

BRAVEONAWARPATH

So true because most black parents of a straight son would not want him to look up to a gay ball player or rapper as a positive influence since they do have a religious and moral foundation as well as the desire for the child to further extend the family line.

One of the heroes of my life is Alan Turing who was a gay male. He wasn't in sports, but it didn't make me gay.

---------- Post added May-19th-2011 at 05:11 PM ----------

I hear what Barkley's saying, but I just don't see anyone, especially a prominant, athlete coming out while he's still playing. But I do have a jab at Barkley. Why didn't he say this when he was playing?

Honestly, its none of our business. I don't expect them to come out at all. We shouldn't be having to wonder who is and is not gay. I went to an all male college and it irritated me to no end when guys would sit around and gossip about who is or is not gay. If a dude is gay, then it means that my ugly ass has a better shot at getting women cause he's not interested in them. But he doesn't have to tell me that, and I don't need to know that. I'll be happy when we're at the bar and I approach her and he doesn't. That'll be enough for me.

---------- Post added May-19th-2011 at 05:13 PM ----------

Who cares and why should anyone care? We gays/lesbians have to listen all day long to others' talk of their spouses/boyfriends/girlfriends. I'm out to everyone except in work situations because I work with many ex-military/very conservative and I don't want to jepardize my income. And besides, I'm there to do a job and not socialize and if I do, I talk about what I do, I don't mention dates etc.

The locker room is always brought up whether it's sports or military. If people act like adults and have respect for others personal boundaries, then there is no problem, whether heterosexual or homosexual.

I agree. And the fact that dude said that he came out while in college (just didn't tell the media) kinda proves the point. Its not any of the public's business what the sexuality of the players is.

Archived