Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Upgrades?

suresign

So I speak with the ticket office today asking about the status of my account and upgrades.... Now they are saying upgrades might not even start until June or later. How will they be able to pull this off so close to the season starting (If it ever does?) They female i spoke to said that a computer does the whole upgrade process. Felt like i was given the runaround talking with her and that she was pushing to get me off the phone.... business as usual I guess

Glad someone started an upgrade thread. I paid on time this year for the upgrade. I am starting to feel like I just had my money stolen. Did she say why they have pushed it back? So more can pay a 10% deposit to keep their seats after I paid the full amount.

Exactly... they bascically said they have so many people to continue to keep contacting to make make sure they are not renewing or renewing their seats. This says to me that there is no waiting list. Cause if that was the case, they should have moved on by now. They are doing everything they can at this point to keep people in the seats that they have now. Sucks for us who pay on time and several months ago.

---------- Post added May-17th-2011 at 03:38 PM ----------

Thanks gibbsfan2018! I agree too. The other thread was about renewals. I want to know what is going on with upgrades

I was thinking the same thing. If they did upgrades now the waiting list would be no more, plus they would still have seats available. They should upgrade us or give us our money back.

Ps this is an upgrade thread. Other thread is a renewal thread. Imho both are needed.

I am starting to wonder about the delay as well. I appreciate that the team wants to hold off as long as possible in case a deal is reached with the players and a rush of renewals ensues. However, it is starting to seem unfair that I could have waited until May to pay instead of paying in February/March when the threat that my tickets would have otherwise been released was just an empty threat.

It seems like we are still in a system where you can wait on renewal each season until May/June with little downside risk. I didn't believe others on here who suggested waiting in February and I made my payment on time. But for future seasons, I'm now a believer.

It's a little aggravating to a new season ticket holder like myself (more because I'm impatient) because I want to know where I'm sitting. If I remember correctly from what I've been reading, until the upgrades happen, I won't know where I'm sitting. Sucks for the both of us.

If you paid in installments, which I did, the final payment came out today. They have to wait until all the installment payments come in before they can start the process.

They told me the same thing about the upgrade process, would be June. It was the same time last year....take a breath.

Right back at ya buddy - this is on a specific topic regarding upgrades.

The other thread is ALL ABOUT renewals AND upgrades. 12 pages worth of Q & As. For example, all of the lower level upgrades began in late May last year. Anyone expecting an upgrade announcement now is being impatient. If you are in the upper level, then those upgrades occur about 2-3 weeks after the lower level upgrades. This information is already posted in the other thread.

I know people want to know if they have been upgraded, but the Skins TO is not behind on this. Official upgrade announcement letters went out in late June last year. Some of us found our upgrades on line early by checking your account status online. I suggest folks keep checking their account online if they need to know before they get their letter in the mail.

The other thread is ALL ABOUT renewals AND upgrades. 12 pages worth of Q & As. For example, all of the lower level upgrades began in late May last year.

My experience last year was different - I was able to find out by mid-May and I think most other season ticket holders found out. Maybe you got a special upgrade in late May?

If you want to look at the timing of LL upgrades from last year then check out the thread: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?317660-FedExField-Seat-Upgrade-Thread-2010-Policies-and-Experiences/page11

Many people upgraded in the LL were able to see their upgrades online in early May or find out by calling the TO. The TO was very honest on the phone last year (and again this year) about the status of upgrades and the LL to LL upgrades were nearly all completed the last week of April/first week of May. Now, they did state last year that the upgrade process was only partially automatic and TO agents confirmed that there was a lot of hands on work that took a few weeks. If it really is computerized now, then that could be a big difference. Even so, I wouldn't say that the TO office is running on the same schedule as last year. I think they are, understandably, holding out hope that people will renew at the last minute...especially if a labor deal gets done.

Everyone slow down for a second. People that pay now WONT get an upgrade but they still have the rights to their seats. I understand you paid on time but lets be honest, if they moved you down and bumped other people they would lose their money. Therefor they wouldnt fill the stadium.

Lets say you were on a llong business trip, mailman lost the letter, they wrote the wrong address on your renewal form. They never contact you. Then give your seats to someone else because you didnt pay on time. You would lose your mind, understandably. Now I know this isnt the case with every non payer but it may be for a couple people and it would be bad business to do it that way.

If you paid on time you will get your upgrade just like I did last year and will this year as well.

FWIW, I called the ticket office today. The person I spoke with said that they have begun the upgrade process and I should hear something in the first part of June.

-ct

Are you upper or lower section?

I am in the lower bowl, but I did not get the sense that her response would have different if I was in the upper bowl.

It makes a big difference. All the seats in the lower bowl cost the same. So they can move people according to their preferences wherever the software moves someone. Even though there is software, staff still has to verify the assignments and make sure they meet any requirements on their account. For example, I am in the lower bowl and have a preference to move towards the home field side. I know some people insist on aisle seats; or not to sit lower than row xx.

Once the lower bowl is completed, the staff now knows what seats are available to the folks in the upper bowl who want to move down. BUT, the TO staff calls each upper bowl person to confirm they still want to move down and that they are willing to pay the higher ticket price; they also get your credit card information at that time. They don't confirm your move to the new seats in the lower bowl until the new seats are paid for. Once all the lower bowl seats are filled, the TO staff starts doing the auto upgrade in the upper bowl which requires a phone call confirmation and credit card information for anyone being moved to more expensive seats.

It just is not as simple as running a computer program. The software just helps to keep people in the correct order of priority and keeps track of preferences. It still takes a lot of time to move people to new seats. The more seats not renewed lengthens the process because you have more people to move.

June is the normal time when they send out the letters by snail mail. If you have seats in the lower level and they have started the upgrade process, you can check your account online and see any upgrade by checking your 2011 invoice. At least this happened last year. I found out about my actual seats sometime in May....late May, I think......from my account......several weeks before I got the upgrade letter. They called me on April 29 last year to see if I was still interested in moving down from the upper deck to the lower deck; but could not tell me my seat assignment yet.

It makes a big difference. All the seats in the lower bowl cost the same. So they can move people according to their preferences wherever the software moves someone. Even though there is software, staff still has to verify the assignments and make sure they meet any requirements on their account. For example, I am in the lower bowl and have a preference to move towards the home field side. I know some people insist on aisle seats; or not to sit lower than row xx.

Once the lower bowl is completed, the staff now knows what seats are available to the folks in the upper bowl who want to move down. BUT, the TO staff calls each upper bowl person to confirm they still want to move down and that they are willing to pay the higher ticket price; they also get your credit card information at that time. They don't confirm your move to the new seats in the lower bowl until the new seats are paid for. Once all the lower bowl seats are filled, the TO staff starts doing the auto upgrade in the upper bowl which requires a phone call confirmation and credit card information for anyone being moved to more expensive seats.

It just is not as simple as running a computer program. The software just helps to keep people in the correct order of priority and keeps track of preferences. It still takes a lot of time to move people to new seats. The more seats not renewed lengthens the process because you have more people to move.

June is the normal time when they send out the letters by snail mail. If you have seats in the lower level and they have started the upgrade process, you can check your account online and see any upgrade by checking your 2011 invoice. At least this happened last year. I found out about my actual seats sometime in May....late May, I think......from my account......several weeks before I got the upgrade letter. They called me on April 29 last year to see if I was still interested in moving down from the upper deck to the lower deck; but could not tell me my seat assignment yet.

I did not say it does not make a difference. I said that I did not feel that her response would have been different. Especially since she basically said it before looking up my account. The point was that it sounds like the TO is singing a different tune than the "it will start in two weeks " line that they have been giving out. As I originally said, take it for what it is worth.

I did not say it does not make a difference. I said that I did not feel that her response would have been different. Especially since she basically said it before looking up my account. The point was that it sounds like the TO is singing a different tune than the "it will start in two weeks " line that they have been giving out. As I originally said, take it for what it is worth.

I apologize then. I misunderstood what you were referring to.But much of my post wass intended simply to educate folks on the process. We often get comments such as "all they have to do is run the program and reassign people. How much time does that take?" Well, it just is not as simple as running the software. The software helps to make the decision; people are still needed to do a lot of the work, and that takes time.

[quote name=Once the lower bowl is completed' date=' the staff now knows what seats are available to the folks in the upper bowl who want to move down. BUT, the TO staff calls each upper bowl person to confirm they still want to move down and that they are willing to pay the higher ticket price; they also get your credit card information at that time. They don't confirm your move to the new seats in the lower bowl until the new seats are paid for. Once all the lower bowl seats are filled, the TO staff starts doing the auto upgrade in the upper bowl which requires a phone call confirmation and credit card information for anyone being moved to more expensive seats.

.[/quote]

Are you sure this is how it works? Last year, when I was upgraded to the lower level from the upper deck, there was no call from the TO to confirm that I wanted to move down or to acquire my credit card information. This was all taken care of when I renewed my seats and provided the TO my upgrade preferences-- I requested a move to the lower level and agreed to the increased price at that time (March). In June, I received an updated invoice reflecting the difference between upper level and lower level seats and identification of my new seat location -- no phone call. Based on what I experienced last year, I'm not sure that it couldn't be a largely automated process.

Are you sure this is how it works? Last year, when I was upgraded to the lower level from the upper deck, there was no call from the TO to confirm that I wanted to move down or to acquire my credit card information. This was all taken care of when I renewed my seats and provided the TO my upgrade preferences-- I requested a move to the lower level and agreed to the increased price at that time (March). In June, I received an updated invoice reflecting the difference between upper level and lower level seats and identification of my new seat location -- no phone call. Based on what I experienced last year, I'm not sure that it couldn't be a largely automated process.

Last year I was moved from the upper level to the lower level. I completed the upgrade preference from my online account as you described. I got my call on April 29 advising me that I was eligible for an upgrade to the lower level. The agent verified my interest and my CC number. I was advised that they had not started the upgrade process but were verifying a list of people willing to upgrade to the lower level. Many others stated the same thing in last years upgrade thread. Check it out. I got my letter in June like everyone else. I verified my specific seat location from my online account just like lots of other folks did last year. I am not the only one....we had quite a few people report the exact same process last year.

---------- Post added May-21st-2011 at 12:51 AM ----------

I guess you forgot what you posted last year on May 13 in last year's upgrade thread found in posts 378 and 386:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?317660-FedExField-Seat-Upgrade-Thread-2010-Policies-and-Experiences&p=7528603&viewfull=1#post7528603

Moved from Section 427 row 13 to 235 row 7 today. I had to add two tickets to my account to make this happen (and pester the TO on a weekly basis). This will be my second year as a season ticket holder.

Anyone have an opinion on Section 235?

Here’s my ticket odyssey:

· I was offered Section 447 row 21 after about 5 years on the waitlist.

· I wasn’t overly excited by these seats and decided to eat the $200 deposit.

· Ticket Office called me in June and offered me Section 401 row 11.

· I didn’t act quickly enough on the Section 401 seats and ended up in Section 427 row 13 for the season

· Did not pay by March deadline, tried to negotiate outside the “auto upgrade” program (this was not successful).

· Mid April, I called the Ticket Office and asked if I could move across the field to Section 401 (I hated the sun in 427).

· TO gives me Section 401, row 11 and tells me that I am still eligible for the auto upgrade program, but that I would be behind all March 1st payers on the priority list.

· I checked my account this morning and noted that I had been moved to Section 232.

· I was not all that excited by Section 232 and asked the TO if anything better was available. They said no.

· I asked if there might be something better if added two seats – I got two seats in 235.

· I still didn’t want the 232 seats and asked if I could move back to 401 row 11.

· My 401 seats were gone, but I got 402 row 10.

· Not sure what I am going to do with the Section 402 seats.

You knew about your seat upgrade on May 13 last year and clearly talked to a TO agent because you said you bought two extra tickets. In fact you wrote that you called them on a weekly basis.

Last year I was moved from the upper level to the lower level. I completed the upgrade preference from my online account as you described. I got my call on April 29 advising me that I was eligible for an upgrade to the lower level. The agent verified my interest and my CC number. I was advised that they had not started the upgrade process but were verifying a list of people willing to upgrade to the lower level. Many others stated the same thing in last years upgrade thread. Check it out. I got my letter in June like everyone else. I verified my specific seat location from my online account just like lots of other folks did last year. I am not the only one....we had quite a few people report the exact same process last year.

---------- Post added May-21st-2011 at 12:51 AM ----------

I guess you forgot what you posted last year on May 13 in last year's upgrade thread found in posts 378 and 386:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?317660-FedExField-Seat-Upgrade-Thread-2010-Policies-and-Experiences&p=7528603&viewfull=1#post7528603

You knew about your seat upgrade on May 13 last year and clearly talked to a TO agent because you said you bought two extra tickets. In fact you wrote that you called them on a weekly basis.

No, I did not forget what I posted at all last Spring. There was no phone call before I was moved to the Section 232 seats. I moved from 401 to 232 just as I described in my earlier post. The phone calls to add seats and move out of 232 began once I received the automated (read no phone call from the TO) move from 401 to 232; there was no phone call from the TO asking me if I wanted to move from 401 to 232 or a request to verify my credit card -- they just did it based on my auto upgrade options. From my 2010 post that you have quoted: "I checked my account this morning and noted that I had been moved to Section 232."

So it just seems that no one has noticed an upgrade yet per their account? Since there is no free agency, the upgrades are the only thing i have to look forward to at the moment.

got an e-mail from the Redskins today offering me to upgrade to the club level. I know some of you have also gotten this same e-mail. I called the gentleman to inquire about the cost of this upgrade. He basically said it would cost me an additional $2,085.00 dollars.If I wanted to move back down the next year I would be guaranteed sideline seats. Right now I'm in the lower level corner. I told him I would have to think about it. (about 30 seconds) Anyway I asked him if regular upgrades started yet. He said no it would be a couple weeks yet. Seems as they are in no hurry to start this year.

Anyway I asked him if regular upgrades started yet. He said no it would be a couple weeks yet. Seems as they are in no hurry to start this year.

Seems like we are also getting different stories from different ticket agents; some people have reported they have started upgrades and others say it's a few weeks away.

Does anybody know what sections are removed here?

redskinsfedexfieldseats.jpg

I was in section 422 row 10 and the seats were god-awful last year. I was right behind a glass partition. I couldn't see anything. I think I am right on the boarder of the removed section but unfortunately I think those seats are still there.

Archived