Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report that Skins might have traded #16 pick to Steelers (Peter King retracts from column)

hail2skins

Apparently there was a story making the rounds that Dan Snyder appeared on a Sirius show and said that the during the draft the Skins were thinking about trading down from #16 with Pittsburgh, but the deal fell through (some think it happened when Pouncey went at #15). Anyway, Peter King had this is his column today, but then apparently both Tony Wyllie and Bruce Allen have denied that Snyder has appeared on any radio show since Super Bowl week. The section in King's column is now underlined over, pending him getting info from the Steelers:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/05/15/mmqb/1.html

Honestly, how hard is it for someone to verify the simple fact (or lack thereof) of Snyder appearing on a radio show before this stuff hits the rounds?

got to be bogus

not one extremeskins blogger heard the interview on sirius?

I find that hard to believe

and WTF is snyder talking about trades that did not happen on the air to the schmuks at sirius??

gotta be bogus and shame on King of even thinking of writing it without hearing the so called interview himself

in today's world, there has got to be a recording/podcast etc of any interview completed on sirius

so what does the lazy reporter from CNN/SI do?

nothing.

he reports it and then has to back out of the report after his editors put it up on the web page once Bruce Allen is finally contacted and confirms the interview never happened

I normally dont agree with most around here about the national media being lazy but this takes the cake

And the first part of his column says he's sports writer of the year, LOL..

So he has since taken it off the board...

After writing the above early Monday morning, I heard from Redskins general manager Bruce Allen. He denied the original report and said the Steelers never called about the pick. Steelers GM Kevin Colbert, through a spokesperson, corroborated Allen's denial and said talks didn't take place. Also, the writer who first reported the non-trade has issued an apology.

Peter King to CNN/SI Intern Schlub: "Hey, I heard that there was an inerview on Sirius Radio that Dan Snyder did. Somebody reported it, and I want to steal the story. Can you please verify? Thanks."

Intern, after doing a google search: "Sorry, Mr. King. I can't find record of it anywhere."

Peter King Option 1: Ok, maybe I'll just pass on this hear-say....

Peter King Option 2: Damn You! You can't do research! I have it on good authority that there was an interview, and furthermore, I have a point to make, so I want to write it! Get OUT! You useless intern! (Writes story, ends up eating it.)

Rich_Tandler Rich Tandler

Re the report of #Redskins-#Steelers trade--According to SirisusXM media relations, Dan Snyder did not appear on their station since draft.

https://twitter.com/#!/Rich_Tandler/status/69752089592606720

Rich_Tandler Rich Tandler

Therefore, Snyder could not have been discussing what trades did/didn't happen during the draft as reported.

https://twitter.com/#!/Rich_Tandler/status/69752347705884673

He posted these on the 15th when this report originally came out

Archived