Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Condoleeza Rice Interview

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wow. I've never heard of Lawrence O'Donnell before. I think I'll get along just fine if I never hear of him again.

Condoleezza Rice is awesome. When Mitch Daniels was asked who he'd like for VP if he ran for President, he said he'd love to have Rice for VP. One more reason I hope Daniels runs.

couple of thoughts:

- Props to her for going on. I thought she handled herself well.

- I understand why she defends the Iraq War, but it's beyond me why anyone--outside of the adminisration--would. And spare me the "Arab Spring is a result" nonsense. No one is looking at Iraq as some sort of example or beacon of democracy.

And spare me the "Arab Spring is a result" nonsense. No one is looking at Iraq as some sort of example or beacon of democracy.

She didn't say the Arab Spring was a result. The idiot interviewer suggested that the Arab Spring would have taken Saddam out and she (rightly) said there's no way. It was a totally stupid assumption on the interview's part.

Wow. I've never heard of Lawrence O'Donnell before. I think I'll get along just fine if I never hear of him again.

Condoleezza Rice is awesome. When Mitch Daniels was asked who he'd like for VP if he ran for President, he said he'd love to have Rice for VP. One more reason I hope Daniels runs.

I hope Daniels runs as well. And I hope he wins the nomination. I won't vote for him but if Obama has to lose I hope it's to Daniels. Someone who's not out of their ****ing mind. He seems like a good, smart guy.

By the way, since so much of this interview deals with the decision to go to war in Iraq, this link provides some valuable information:

http://www.factcheck.org/iraq_what_did_congress_know_and_when.html

The President's main point is correct: the CIA and most other US intelligence agencies believed before the war that Saddam had stocks of biological and chemical weapons, was actively working on nuclear weapons and "probably" would have a nuclear weapon before the end of this decade. That faulty intelligence was shared with Congress – along with multiple mentions of some doubts within the intelligence community – in a formal National Intelligence Estimate just prior to the Senate and House votes to authorize the use of force against Iraq.

No hard evidence has surfaced to support claims that Bush somehow manipulated the findings of intelligence analysts. In fact, two bipartisan investigations probed for such evidence and said they found none. So Dean's claim that intelligence was "corrupted" is unsupported.

Reading this FactCheck article, I agree with Rice that the prudent thing to do (following 9/11) was to eliminate the threat Saddam posed.

She didn't say the Arab Spring was a result. The idiot interviewer suggested that the Arab Spring would have taken Saddam out and she (rightly) said there's no way. It was a totally stupid assumption on the interview's part.

No, I know. I've seen people say that on ES in the past so I was just knocking it down ahead of time. Long game you know.

Archived