Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Lynyrd Skynyrd worth Seeing In its Current Incarnation?

ACW

How many original members does it have? Gone are Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, Allen Collens and Billy Powell. It seems to me it would be a shadow of it's former self.

Van Zant's brother is a practical clone, and should almost count as an original member ;)

So, make that at least 1.5 original members ;)

How many original members does it have? Gone are Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, Allen Collens and Billy Powell. It seems to me it would be a shadow of it's former self.

Actually, you would be incorrect. Powell is dead. And original member Rossington is still with the band.

So, substitute Rossington for Powell.

EDIT : Nevermind - I thought you said Powell was still with the band. Must have mis-read it, unless you edited it, which I don't think you did.

I haven't seen them, but your conclusion would not always be right. The current incarnation of the Allman Bros is sick beyond belief, and no mere shadow, despite losing half or more of the original lineup

I haven't seen them, but your conclusion would not always be right. The current incarnation of the Allman Bros is sick beyond belief, and no mere shadow, despite losing half or more of the original lineup

Or sometimes he could be very right.

The Elvis Presley Band. The original members and musicians of that band are all still alive and still play out, with the exception of just one member - the lead singer. The new replacement guy sucks. So yea, even one member gone can ruin the band. Without Elvis singing, that's merely a tribute band.

Boston, without lead singer-staple Brad Delp ??

No frickin way.

Some people cannot be replaced. Usually it's the lead singer. And he's one of them, especially.

I know that. That's why I said seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd in their current form is no better than Boston or Styx. They're all bull**** now.

See it depends on what you want to get out of it. If you are going to sit there and think, "man this isn't the original lineup", don't go. However if you want to hear music that is as recognizable as the McDonald's arches go see them.

I have seen both, and while nothing beats the original, they are very good now . They make their concert a tribute to the old band. Worth seeing.

+1 worth the ticket,they put on a good show

Boston, without lead singer-staple Brad Delp ??

No frickin way.

Some people cannot be replaced. Usually it's the lead singer. And he's one of them, especially.

i kind of agree. even though delp was far better on tape than live. hes still way too distinct.

i'd still see skynryd though.

Archived