Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boxer Bernard Hopkins Rips Donovan McNabb - ESPN

Dan T.

As much as I didnt like the way Mcnabb played, he is still nothing but a stand up class act. Less black then you Hopkins? Being black doesnt mean you have to grow up in a ghetto. Idiot. There is no specific way for a black person to act to be considered black. To be honest, who cares anymore what color people are.

As a boxing fan, I like B-Hop, but dude has some race issues. He threw a bag of beans in front of Tito Trinidad, who's puerto rican, that almost insighted a riot during a press conference. He critisized Manny Pacquiao for never fighting an american born black fighter. Now this.

As a diehard boxing fan... I have always disliked virtually every word that came from Hopkins mouth. Jean Pascal is a classy French Canadian who is going to pummel the **** out of Bernard like he did the first time (was robbed of the decision and it was called a draw).

I'm not defending hopkins but this is nothing new

This guy has said some of the craziest things out there. You should have read/seen the things he said about Kelly Pavlik.

Hopkins has been in so many fights, I'm surprised the guy can stand up straight.

whats even worse is that he's racist against his own ppl. Its one thing to be critical of the man's play. But this is WAAAY beyond that. Seems like B-hop been hit over his head one too many times.

This is what's called the crab mentality.

B-Hop is right, he and Donovan aren't equal (pointing to his skin). McNabb as never been to jail, still has all of his teeth, speaks without needing subtitles on the screen and McNabb was from a healthy upbringing. Guys like (B-Hop) make me sick. They act as if McNabb get's lighter in the mirror because he is intelligent and came from a house hold with the ideal set-up. I'm from the hood. I had two parents in my house and acquired multiple degrees. I guess I'm not black enough for B-Hop either. He should just stick to boxing. And the Philly newspaper shouldn't even have printed that mess.

B-Hop talks as though he had a hard-line into those meetings where T.O saw the team speak to Donovan condescendingly. What a stooge.

Great post.

~Bang

Hopkins is a pretty hard dude to pin down. I believe boxers are given more leeway than any other group of athletes in regards to these types of comments. After all, we're paying them to be animals, more or less, so what do we expect.?

And he'll be the first one to say "blacks need to support blacks more." What a clown. In his world, guys like Mayweather, 50, Vick, TO, Iverson and Tyson just to name a few are black. Guys like McNab and Tim Duncan are uncle toms.

And he'll be the first one to say "blacks need to support blacks more." What a clown. In his world, guys like Mayweather, 50, Vick, TO, Iverson and Tyson just to name a few are black. Guys like McNab and Tim Duncan are uncle toms.

OK, why is Iverson and T.O. in this discussion? What did those to guys do to give that impression. Iverson was and still is my one of my favorite athletes. He may have had a liquor and gambling problem but when did he ever call someone an "uncle tom"?

This is Hopkins' schtick. My fave is when he brought bags of rice and beans to the Felix Trinidad weigh-in.

That doesn't make it right. Making a habit of making bigoted remarks and actions, just because it's his "schtick," is absolutely deplorable.

I'm a white dude but I love the executioner. Not for his act, because I take everything he says with a grain of salt, but because he's 46 and I'm a boxinghead. His opinion isn't that far off from others but WAY OFF IMO. Most people probably didn't know that BHop was robbed against a Canadian fighter in Canada when the first fight was ruled a draw. BUT now they know that BHop vs. Pascal II is on May 21st back in Canada. BHop is a boxing legend but should never be taken seriously.

OK, why is Iverson and T.O. in this discussion? What did those to guys do to give that impression. Iverson was and still is my one of my favorite athletes. He may have had a liquor and gambling problem but when did he ever call someone an "uncle tom"?

Read the post again because it went right over your head the first time.

Archived