Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rogain... anyone try it?

sircharlz

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried Rogain and had success with it?

I keep my hair short (high & tight) and have been thinning up top for a few years now. I'm considering trying the Rogain foam to see if that makes new hair grow in the thinning areas. But before I do I'd like to hear from people who have tried it... any successes or failures?

I use it. It works pretty well, but you have to keep using it as directed. The effects of Rogaine will wear off if you stop using it after a few days.

I've heard this also. But I heard you actually get worse than when you started using it once you stop.

I use it. It works pretty well, but you have to keep using it as directed. The effects of Rogaine will wear off if you stop using it after a few days.

are you serious dude? you're only 20? how is your hair already thinning?

I've heard this also. But I heard you actually get worse than when you started using it once you stop.

I don't know about that. I guess it feels worse because when it starts to work you get used to having thick hair again, and once you stop, the effects regress. Personally, after I went off it for a bit, my hair felt thin, but I dunno about it being thinner.

Haha. I don't know why I'm already losing hair. Too much stress watching the Redskins over the years? =P

I know I have male pattern in my family history, so that's a good reason as any.

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried Rogain and had success with it?

?

First wait until hair starts growing out of your ears...When that happens if you believe in a God you will question if he/she is a comedian!! you will also throw in the towel.. But in the mean time Yes rogain was a little helpful ...get foam kind....not washing hair every day is also helpful.....anything to not allow hair to get dried out.....like a satin pillow case......take it from your bald buddy....

P.S Propecia has a side affect of making you ding a ling go limp.....serious **** man

Just go bald.

Polywog you have already lost the battle, just shave it.

No need. I have nothing to "hide." I don't need to act any different just because my hair is thin....oh, yea; the chicks dig it! Worrying about hair loss is silly. I have no fear of it. When you are confident in yourself....people admire you. ;-)

46338_1375128494813_1129844029_30847176_4011199_n.jpg

I use the solution. They say if you put it on 2x a day for 6 months, you will have hair re-growth.

It took over 8 months for me. I got one crop of almost translucent peach fuzz that gradually grew into normal hair by one year. I did NOT get all my old hair back or even close to it, but I am satisfied with the little that returned and now I put it on once daily (usually at night before bed) and it maintains what I have.

You just have to be patient and diligent... and be prepared to be happy keeping what you have. I even use the Rite Aid brand instead of Rogaine. It's about 5-7 dollars cheaper per bottle and does the same work.

It's not uncommon for guys hair to start thinning in their late teens- early 20's. A number of things cause it, but it's hereditary for the most part. Some young people even get grey hairs too. I have a couple myself.

You can't put money on it after that post.

I shaved my head when HH's Mom had to shave hers. I like the look and realized that I was thinning and had patches anyway.

I am old enough to pull it off and thankfully, I have a nicely shaped head for the bald look.

But I would try Rogaine, or transplants if I felt I needed it or wanted it.

It's not uncommon for guys hair to start thinning in their late teens- early 20's. A number of things cause it, but it's hereditary for the most part. Some young people even get grey hairs too. I have a couple myself.

Definitely hereditary. My uncle and grandfather were both going bald by 23. Thankfully I got my hair genes from my dad's side.

I got weird **** going on with my beard though. I have grey's in it, it's a lot redder than the head on my hair, and my mustache is almost blond. I love rocking a beard so it really pisses me off. I want to try Just For Men but I'm not sure how well that works and I don't want to waste the money if it's going to make me look clownish.

I don't know about that. I guess it feels worse because when it starts to work you get used to having thick hair again, and once you stop, the effects regress. Personally, after I went off it for a bit, my hair felt thin, but I dunno about it being thinner.

Haha. I don't know why I'm already losing hair. Too much stress watching the Redskins over the years? =P

I know I have male pattern in my family history, so that's a good reason as any.

I'll blame it on the redskins stress for you, lol, wasn't meant as a shot at you, I was quite literally shocked.

If you can afford it - Propecia is >>>>>>>>> Rogaine. It's super pricey though.

Otherwise, avoid the foam one unless you like washing your hands for five minutes 2x a day, after you put the Rogaine on.

Isn't propecia for people who do steroids? There are some dudes at my gym who were ragging on someone for it.

Dang man, that sucks. I was worried I would get my dad's hair, I got his hairline, but definitely got my hair from mom's side. I won't ever have to worry about going bald, lol.

Definitely hereditary. My uncle and grandfather were both going bald by 23. Thankfully I got my hair genes from my dad's side.

I got weird **** going on with my beard though. I have grey's in it, it's a lot redder than the head on my hair, and my mustache is almost blond. I love rocking a beard so it really pisses me off. I want to try Just For Men but I'm not sure how well that works and I don't want to waste the money if it's going to make me look clownish.

I don't have the grey, but my beard is irish red. Does not match at all with the hair on my head...this is difficult to explain to people who do not know me, my wife has just gotten used to it.

Archived