Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Casey Rabach to be the center- Per Rich Tandler

texasthunder

Rabach no longer has the strength to be a competitive, starting center anymore--assuming he once did. I think a requirement would at least be not to step on your quarterback's foot while he's dropping back. That's unforgiveable, plain and simple. In Madden terms, Rabach's strength is somewhere in the 75-80 range. I'm not questioning his ability to read and make adjustments, or his leadership, but he simply cannot get the job done physically. If he himself cannot realize this, then I am questioning his intelligence. I'm sure he would make a fine offensive line coach, but unless he does some serious stength training in the off season, I don't see his level of play getting better. On the contrary actually.

By the way, polywog, I want to shoot that girl in your signature in the face. I had to look at that this entire time typing this.

Against a 4-3, when Rabach was in double teams with one of the guards, he was serviceable. Unfortunately against all of the 3-4's we faced (see the Detroit game for the absolute worst example when Rabach was manhandled by Suh) Rabach just couldn't move the nose tackle out of the hole and when in pass protect, he was consistently pushed into the QB's face preventing the QB from following through..On short yardage, Rabach and both guards could not push the opposing pile at all, which is why the Skins constantly ran stretch plays inside the 5 instead of trying runs up the middle. No middle of the OL = no short yardage offense. i.e the Skins can't run inside and the opposition knows it, even if Shanny doesn't.

I'm not advocating lining Rabach up and shooting him. I don't even care if he's kept as a mentor for his replacement or as depth. But eventually all football players reach an age where they cannot perfrom at the level they once did and are a minus to the team, not a plus. Rabach, unfortunately for him and the Skins, has reached that point.

i wish we would go after Center David Bass...outstanding run blocker...played for our o-line coach chris forester...is a unrestrickted free agent...just turned 28...would be an excellent fit !! here is a profile from rotoworld... unfortunately im not sure if we are looking at him at this time...LL tweeted me that his name has not come up yet

David Baas - G - 49ers

Re-signing free agent C David Baas is expected to be the 49ers' No. 1 priority when the NFL's transactions freeze ends.

Baas was one of San Francisco's top run blockers a year ago, starting all 16 games. The 49ers don't believe they can rely on injury-prone Eric Heitmann. Baas, however, may command a contract similar to Jason Brown's (five years, $37.5 million), in which case he could price himself out of the Niners' range.

OakGallery-15-baas--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Against a 4-3, when Rabach was in double teams with one of the guards, he was serviceable. Unfortunately against all of the 3-4's we faced (see the Detroit game for the absolute worst example when Rabach was manhandled by Suh) Rabach just couldn't move the nose tackle out of the hole and when in pass protect, he was consistently pushed into the QB's face preventing the QB from following through..On short yardage, Rabach and both guards could not push the opposing pile at all, which is why the Skins constantly ran stretch plays inside the 5 instead of trying runs up the middle. No middle of the OL = no short yardage offense. i.e the Skins can't run inside and the opposition knows it, even if Shanny doesn't.

I'm not advocating lining Rabach up and shooting him. I don't even care if he's kept as a mentor for his replacement or as depth. But eventually all football players reach an age where they cannot perfrom at the level they once did and are a minus to the team, not a plus. Rabach, unfortunately for him and the Skins, has reached that point.

Detroit doesn't run a 3-4. Suh is just the closest thing to God Himself in football terms.

i wish we would go after Center David Bass...outstanding run blocker...played for our o-line coach chris forester...is a unrestrickted free agent...just turned 28...would be an excellent fit !! here is a profile from rotoworld... unfortunately im not sure if we are looking at him at this time...LL tweeted me that his name has not come up yet

David Baas - G - 49ers

Re-signing free agent C David Baas is expected to be the 49ers' No. 1 priority when the NFL's transactions freeze ends.

Baas was one of San Francisco's top run blockers a year ago, starting all 16 games. The 49ers don't believe they can rely on injury-prone Eric Heitmann. Baas, however, may command a contract similar to Jason Brown's (five years, $37.5 million), in which case he could price himself out of the Niners' range.

OakGallery-15-baas--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Nice write up. Certainly someone to keep an eye on.

Archived