Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Casey Rabach to be the center- Per Rich Tandler

texasthunder

It would actually be a semi-competent line, that knows how to zone block, and can somewhat keep a pass rush at bay.

As long as it can hold itself together until 2012 when we use the entire draft except our 1st round (which will be used on a QB) on OL - preferably interior OL with later picks for developmental tackle, FB, and ILB.

---------- Post added May-9th-2011 at 02:54 PM ----------

Misleading title. Tandler is as much in the dark as everyone else.

I expect Rabach will be in camp, but I also expect that there will be competition. If someone steps up, I would think it would be likely that Rabach would then be unemployed.

The main problem here is that we didn't do anything this offseason to improve the OL such that Rabach actually has competition in camp.

Even if true, Rabach isnt a horrible option for one season, but thats about it

I guess you didn't watch the games last year.

Go back and watch them, almost every running play the D player that makes the tackle and/or first contact was Rabach's assignment. He either whiffed it or got beat, or the guy shed his block, either way it always seems like his guy that makes the play. He never eliminates his guy...

If we sign a T and G, play Lich at C and Monty at the other guard, I'd be 1,000x happier with that.

Me too. I almost **** myself when I saw the title to this thread. I don't care if we sign someone at C as long as Rabach is the #2, not the #1.

Rabach must have some "black mail" pictures of Shanny or something. This is rediculous!

He must have incriminating photos of Snyder himself, because he's weaseled his way onto the field through multiple coaches.

This is a huge WTF indeed.

How hard do you have to **** to lose your job on this team?

The Skins' best play at center last year came from BACK UP GUARD Will Montgomery in Nashville.....it was the only point all year when the other team didn't have a consistent inside push.

Rabach was OK at his best for the Skins, don't get the loyalty with this guy.

BTW, Heyer looked amazing at OG in that game too, never tried that again for some reason.

I guess it seemed like the position group that was most likely to be revamped as of week 17 of last year. I think many of us logically assumed that through the draft, trades, and FA we'd turn over 2 of the 5 positions.

Given the situation you describe and the lockout, to expect a 40% or greater turnover in starting offensive linemen based on buys not already on the team is not logical. In fact, even without a lockout, expectations of the severe of a turnover would have been a stretch.

Given the situation you describe and the lockout, to expect a 40% or greater turnover in starting offensive linemen based on buys not already on the team is not logical. In fact, even without a lockout, expectations of the severe of a turnover would have been a stretch.

Why? We turned over 3 or 4 OL starters from 2009 to 2010 (Trent Williams, Jamaal Brown, Artis Hicks/Lichtenstieger, etc.). Was it really illogical to think we'd draft an OL in the first 2-3 rounds and then acquire one via FA? I don't get why that's so ridiculous given how porous our OL seemed by the end of the year.

how many ridiculous, if not comical penalties are we going to have to see rabach take before we realize this isnt our best option for center? i dont know about you all but too many games i have singled him out in a negative way because he's that bad. I get the veteran part and everything but i notice this guy WAYYY too much for him to be an acceptable center.

We all saw how great our center play was, wait for it, the game Rabach was out. Against a respectable line IIRC.

Since Casey got his old job back the next week, I think its a reasonable assumption for RT to make that he will be our C next year.

/preparing for Casey to get pitchforked and abused by the Giants for another year. Oh and blitzers from all teams smart enough to stunt up the middle.

We all saw how great our center play was, wait for it, the game Rabach was out. Against a respectable line IIRC.

Since Casey got his old job back the next week, I think its a reasonable assumption for RT to make that he will be our C next year.

/preparing for Casey to get pitchforked and abused by the Giants for another year. Oh and blitzers from all teams smart enough to stunt up the middle.

just sit him week one seriously. dude has to have nightmares before he plays NY

I almost threw my laptop across the room at the mere thought of watching Highway 61 let DTs and NTs swan dive into our QB, whoever it is. He's been letting Jason Campbell, McNabb, and Grossman get pounded or harassed for at least 3 years. Also, he sucks in the running game and cannot get any inside push. Either Montgomery or Lichtensteiger at center and see if Cook is ready for a guard spot. NO MORE RABACH.

I would like to see Kristofer O'Dowd brought in as a UDFA. I realize he has injury "red flags", but this kid can stay healthy he is perfect for our scheme. This guy had 3rd or 4th round grades, but obviously his injury concerns scared teams away.

He's a 4 year starter at center, and versatile enough to also play guard in this zone blocking scheme as well

I don't understand the love for Rabach. But Buges, Gibbs, Zorn and Shannahan all like the guy at Center, and none of them are idiots. So there's got to be something there.

The line was playing better at the end of last season than the beginning. We'll see. There is also BMW, who, at least as far as I know, is still on the roster. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who fits into the 'Skins blocking scheme though.

Let's just let this play out. They have so many holes to fill, basically the entire roster minus Safety, TE and LT, that they might just not get to it this year.

I don't understand the love for Rabach. But Buges, Gibbs, Zorn and Shannahan all like the guy at Center, and none of them are idiots. So there's got to be something there.

The line was playing better at the end of last season than the beginning. We'll see. There is also BMW, who, at least as far as I know, is still on the roster. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who fits into the 'Skins blocking scheme though.

Let's just let this play out. They have so many holes to fill, basically the entire roster minus Safety, TE and LT, that they might just not get to it this year.

This is how this thread looked on the Stadium page.....

Casey Rabach to be the... Voice_of_Reason!

Archived