Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Small Governmt Pubs Who Think About Jobs Wow

DRSmith

[]Sen. Evelyn Lynn, R-Ormond Beach, scolded her colleagues for spending so much time talking about abortion when there are more pressing issues.

“I will vote no on every abortion bill,” she said during debate on the ultrasound bill, sponsored by Sen. Ronda Storms, R-Valrico. “It is the wrong thing for us to be discussing.”

Lynn said she didn’t come to Tallahassee to dictate values.

“I came up here to help put food on the table,” she said. “I came up here to get people jobs. I came up here to protect people from the kinds of safety issues that fire and police take care of. I came up here to protect education.”

Republican Sen. Nancy Detert, R-Venice, agreed.

“I’m pro-life for me and everyone else is on their own,” she said. “I personally resent writing legislation that acts like I’m too stupid to confer with my own doctor.”

Sen. Chris Smith, D-Fort Lauderdale, accused Republican lawmakers of being hypocritical for arguing that government shouldn’t interfere in the doctor/patient relationship when supporting legislation aimed at the federal healthcare law, but then supporting the ultrasound measure.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/05/2203598/rick-scott-prepares-to-sign-ultrasound.html#ixzz1LmoCz5nT[/color]

I live in Ormond Beach. Evelyn Lynn is my rep. I've met her. And while I don't always agree with her, she's a good honest person and I voted for her.

Now our libertarian governor on the other hand... :finger:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/04/florida-welcomes-rick-scott-fraudster-king_n_804123.html

Of course, prior to his electoral success, Scott was best known as a record-setting fraudster whose bilking of Medicare reached cartoon-villain proportions: under his stewardship Columbia/Hospital Corporation of America pleaded guilty to 14 felonies and was forced to pay a $2 billion fraud settlement, the largest in the history of the United States.

I live in Ormond Beach. Evelyn Lynn is my rep. I've met her. And while I don't always agree with her, she's a good honest person and I voted for her.

Now our libertarian governor on the other hand... :finger:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/04/florida-welcomes-rick-scott-fraudster-king_n_804123.html

I stole 2 billion of tax payer money, let me tell you how that is the government's fault.

This State is a friggin mess, and it's going to get much worse under this Jack Off governor. We have no real industry in the state overall besides agriculture, and tourism. Many of the people here were in the building trade, and we all know what's happened to real estate. My area is consistently in the top three, and number one for foreclosures at times over the past few years in the nation. How do you create jobs for about a third of the states work force ? You really cant with no real industrial growth. The simple answer is to relocate in another state, but it's not that simple when you have a family. The news stations get all amped up when a company from out of state moves in, and creates jobs. More often it creates 20 or thirty jobs... little help for the thousands in the county looking for a job. Big companies don't want to come here, because they have seen the running record of government over the past decades, and while they get the advantage of a lower pay scale, it's so costly to get any products out of the state, it out weighs the labor savings.

I'm stuck in Fl for 4 more years, as we need to keep residence for our daughter to get her FL scholarship. Once she graduates, I'm going to make the push to get the hell out. While the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the hill, the grass here is dead, and has little chance of being healthy in the next ten years or so. It's like living in Southern Italy.....

Archived