Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Send some mojo/positive vibes

codeorama

Huge game at 4:30. We are playing the first place team. My star pitcher is on the hill, lots of scouts will be there as the draft is getting closer.

A win puts us in second place with 2 games to go and knocks the top team into a tie for first only 1 game ahead of us.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would bump this for code. The star pitcher referenced in the OP was drafted today in the 6th round of the MLB draft. Oddly, he's listed as a Center Fielder. And double unfortunately, he was drafted by the Yankees, but I won't hold it against him. Good luck.

Thought I would bump this for code. The star pitcher referenced in the OP was drafted today in the 6th round of the MLB draft. Oddly, he's listed as a Center Fielder. And double unfortunately, he was drafted by the Yankees, but I won't hold it against him. Good luck.

Lol, nice catch.

He was scouted all year as both a pitcher and OF'er. He has a 93-96 mph fastball but also hit .621 in our 20 game hs season. Scored 40 runs in 20 games and runs a 6.8 60.

He was the district and region player of the year as well.

As I've said in the past, I took over a team that won 3 games in 3 seasons, my first year we won 4 games, last year 8, this year 12 AND we made the first regional appearance for our school in 17 years.

However, in our district tourney championship game, this player was ejected for wearing a necklace and was ineligible for our regional game, which we lost. The ruling was appealed and we lost. The umpire commissioner would not side with the principals for my school and the other to allow him to play. The sad thing is that there are pictures all through our local papers website showing other players with jewelry. All year, the umpires always called time, told the coach a player had jewelry, then continued on with the game. In this case, the umpire just ejected him even though it says in the rule book the coach has to be warned first. The same umpire cost us the previous game vs the same team (the first place team) with a controversial call involving the same player. Both incidents were covered in depth by our local paper.

This kid is a great kid. Best HS player I've ever seen. He also has a full ride to LSU to play both ways if he chooses. Very bright future.

My team only loses 2 starters for next year. I have 6 returning pitchers including a freshman lefty that threw 2 consecutive 1 hitters in our district tourney.

I ended up getting a tattoo of the logo that Bang created for our team encircled with all the players numbers. We were a very close group. It was an amazing year.

Archived