Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has anybody here heard of Miles Kane?

Springfield

I'm not normally somebody to recommend music to people.

I realize that people's music taste vary greatly. I probably like music that many other people would find terrible (my favorite band is Coldplay). I was youtubing music last night while burying my Caps miseries in alcohol and stumbled along this guy Miles Kane. Aside from the really cool name, I initially thought his music was legit. I took another listen today while not under the influence and my sober self agreed with my intoxicated self... this guy could be huge.

So, has anybody heard of this guy? Am I late to the party on his talent? He apparently has an album coming out May 9th which I might actually go out and buy.

Here's the song I first heard that got me to look more deeply into the music of Miles Kane...

2SV422fSYE4

NME actually has his whole album posted to stream if you liked that song and want to hear some of his other songs here. I really dig the whole album, very cool vibe to it.

I've heard of him, and I must say, I like this new album more than anything he did with The Rascals or The Last Shadow Puppets. It's one of the better albums that I've listened to this year.

When I was looking into him, I saw that he was with The Rascals and the Last Shadow Puppets. I've never heard of either of these bands either.

Not bad,but it doesn't move me.

Finally, somebody to reply who's never heard of the guy!

I don't really think it's moving, but it's the best (new) music that I've heard in a long while. It's catchy and I think it's radio friendly. And no offense twa, but you were the last person I even expected to give it a listen. :ols:

Thanks for humoring me though.

Finally, somebody to reply who's never heard of the guy!

I don't really think it's moving, but it's the best (new) music that I've heard in a long while. It's catchy and I think it's radio friendly. And no offense twa, but you were the last person I even expected to give it a listen. :ols:

Thanks for humoring me though.

Never heard of the guy or his past bands.

I liked it...but it was missing something. For instance, I (somehow) just recently discovered Mumford and Sons. Amazing. And there's just a palpable energy and emotion in their music that you can't really describe.

This didn't have anything rivaling that, just in terms of general feel. It felt like a coffee-house jam. And that can be cool too. Little more laid-back.

Just didn't draw me in, really. So I see what twa's saying.

I like Mumford and Sons. I've recently gotten into them as well. They have a lot of soul and I really like that about them.

This album sounds a bit like a new age brittish punk type style. I don't know how to describe it but I like the feel of the whole thing.

I appreciate your input as well.

I like Mumford and Sons. I've recently gotten into them as well. They have a lot of soul and I really like that about them.

This album sounds a bit like a new age brittish punk type style. I don't know how to describe it but I like the feel of the whole thing.

I appreciate your input as well.

Yeah, I'll have to give some other songs a listen before I really have an opinion. Those were just my initial thoughts.

No problem!

Terrible.

But I kind of had a feeling from looking at the pic from the embedded video.

Gave it :30 sec and turned it off.

Obviously not up your alley, if the picture of the band (which probably clued you into the genre, in some way) immediately turned you off.

IMO, it's a good song, but not a great song.

It's catchy enough(and I usually like music from Mods), but it's more style than substance. The guitar hook is the only element of the song that shows any real imagination. And the drummer should be horsewhipped.

Still, liking it better than 95% of the pop out there.

Archived