Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VIDEO: Redskins '11 Draft Class Highlights

Art Vandelay

Nice video. Thanks for posting this.

Our front seven is certainly getting a big upgrade.

Hankerson makes some great catches. Definitely a gifted athlete. He just needs to cut down on the drops.

Helu is fast. Good thing too, we need the speed.

I like Royster. A natural runner. Patient. Follows his blocks. Good vision. Good instincts. A workhorse.

Awesome compilation. Interesting song though......

Anyway just to bring us back to reality, after you watch that you should probably watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHbkz0IMIeA

Devin Thomas was a one year wonder... sounds familiar (Cameron), with model aspirations. Most of the guys we drafted this year were Seniors who played 2+ years and produced every year. I don't think it was a coincidence that most (if not all) of the players we drafted were Seniors.

Talk about haters, have you heard what grade they gave our draft class? Worst out of the four NFC East teams, a C-:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81fae087/NFC-East-grades

No mention of Helu at all, thought we reached for Jenkins (maybe at 41, but THAT much of a stretch?) So what if he had DE written on his jersey, the guy is well over 300 lbs...and complaining that Kerrigan had his hand in the dirt his whole college career? How many true 3-4 OLBs come out of college playing all 4 years in a 3-4...no seriously, I would like to know.

I see what people mean when they say that Royster is a smooth runner...there's no other way to describe it. I've watched other highlights of him, and he's not excellent at anything really...he's just natural, and smooth. Maybe underrated?

Talk about haters, have you heard what grade they gave our draft class? Worst out of the four NFC East teams, a C-:

No mention of Helu at all, thought we reached for Jenkins (maybe at 41, but THAT much of a stretch?) So what if he had DE written on his jersey, the guy is well over 300 lbs...and complaining that Kerrigan had his hand in the dirt his whole college career? How many true 3-4 OLBs come out of college playing all 4 years in a 3-4...no seriously, I would like to know.

Oh god warren sapp and some other guy gave us bad grades.

Great video. Thanks for sharing. Hankerson should be a beast and will help us for sure. Here's where I don't get on these people that grade us. They said before the draft that this yr QB class is avg at best and then gave us bad grade because we didn't draft one? Make no sense.

judging by this video i expect us to get 20 sacks a game, over 800 yards of offense per game, pretty much a TD on every play, and will return at least 1 kickoff to the house. if by some chance the opponents offense can get within range of a field goal, i expect that to be blocked as well.

httr.

In those clips, Helu does look like a good one cut, get up field back.

I didn’t know Niles Paul returned punts too!

Yeah that's why Shanahan drafted him. Dejon Gomes is a great returner as well. Paul, Gomes, and Banks will all share/compete for the return positions. Many experts say Paul has the ability to grow into a great 3rd receiver for us as well. Big strong physical guy who can get YAC if he cleans up his route running and hand skills.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 07:28 PM ----------

I see what people mean when they say that Royster is a smooth runner...there's no other way to describe it. I've watched other highlights of him, and he's not excellent at anything really...he's just natural, and smooth. Maybe underrated?

Very underrated. I like him more than Helu (and I love Helu) and I think Rosyter will be our number one guy. I think he'll be a top 10 back in the league. Shanahan said Helu reminds him of Portis and Royster reminds him of Terrell Davis.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 07:30 PM ----------

WHy pay attention to guys who are no experts at scouting??? This is just entertainment. They get paid to talk ******. Anyway, most experts gave us As and Bs.

Yeah that's why Shanahan drafted him. Dejon Gomes is a great returner as well. Paul, Gomes, and Banks will all share/compete for the return positions. Many experts say Paul has the ability to grow into a great 3rd receiver for us as well. Big strong physical guy who can get YAC if he cleans up his route running and hand skills.

One thing's for sure: If Robinson, Gomes, and/or Paul prove to be good enough return men to force a split between them and Banks, Banks won't be on this roster.

I'm so pumped up about this draft class. Aside from Kerrigan and Jenkins, I expect Hankerson Helu, and Royster to impact players on this team. WR and RB are obvious areas that need an infusion of depth and impact on this team. The rest could make for a good PS group. This team needed a good draft which they got and I think it will yield strong returns as well.

Archived