Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

May the Fourth Be With You!

AsburySkinsFan

I don't care what the snobs say, the original Star Wars trilogy is probably the greatest trilogy in the history of cinema. It had a great story, great characters, and is just down right entertaining. I've seen those movies a million times, but every time I see it, I still get excited when the Rebels blow up the Death Star, I'm still shocked to hear Vader is Luke's father, and I still rejoice when they blow up the death star...again.

Original Star Wars trilogy = bad ass trio of films.

I don't care what the snobs say, the original Star Wars trilogy is probably the greatest trilogy in the history of cinema. It had a great story, great characters, and is just down right entertaining. I've seen those movies a million times, but every time I see it, I still get excited when the Rebels blow up the Death Star, I'm still shocked to hear Vader is Luke's father, and I still rejoice when they blow up the death star...again.

nerd.

Sigh. Fair City Mall. We walked there from Rutherford. Didn't wait long in line and got some great seats. Opening music and that cool scroll that read intently. Then:

z33-qOXOWS4

My mouth hit the floor and I was sold from there after. Any question my mom and dad had about me enjoying movie evaporated as soon as I nearly blew the front door of its hinges in my hurry to tell them how cool the movie was and how they needed to see it day before yesterday. Saw it 4 more times,(twice more with my parents),before it got pulled out of theaters.

I don't know a lot of film snobs that have big problems with the original Star Wars trilogy. What have you heard the movie snobs say, exactly?

I don't know a lot of film snobs that have big problems with the original Star Wars trilogy. What have you heard the movie snobs say, exactly?

I don't think a lot of film fans dislike Star Wars. It just seems to be a group of people that say "Oh, you only like it because you liked it as a kid." or "George Lucas stole a lot of material from books and other movies to make Star Wars."

Just general contrarians that want to stand out from the crowd just for the sake of standing out from the crowd.

I grew up Catholic. When I read the thread title "May the fourth be with you" I wanted to say back "And also with you" :ols:

We Methodists say the same thing in our communion liturgy, and when I put "May the fourth be with you" I got as my first response, "And also with you"..:ols: Love it!

I don't think a lot of film fans dislike Star Wars. It just seems to be a group of people that say "Oh, you only like it because you liked it as a kid." or "George Lucas stole a lot of material from books and other movies to make Star Wars."

Just general contrarians that want to stand out from the crowd just for the sake of standing out from the crowd.

Ah, I see. Screw those guys. I admit that part of why I love Star Wars is nostalgia. But as I get older and learn more about film I'm realizing just how good Star Wars is, especially episodes 4 and 5. They're top-notch sci-fi action movies, with characters you both love and love to hate. Like you, I still laugh at R2's antics, I still get anxious when they're in the trash chute, and I am still completely engrossed in them the entire way through.

Archived