Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles fans are delusional (Peterson for Kolb)

Hokieskins1

So I work with an Eagles fan and he swears that the Cardinals are going to trade Patrick Peterson for Kolb. He was talking like he is hearing it from other people too so I did a little investigating and found some other people on the web talking about it.... They are absolutely lost if they think the Cards would do such a trade. Sorry, just had to vent about this ridiculous idea for a minute..

So I work with an Eagles fan and he swears that the Cardinals are going to trade Patrick Peterson for Kolb. He was talking like he is hearing it from other people too so I did a little investigating and found some other people on the web talking about it.... They are absolutely lost if they think the Cards would do such a trade. Sorry, just had to vent about this ridiculous idea for a minute..

all fans are delusional when it comes to their fav teams......absolutely all fans, but this dude is just Nukin Futs!

Kolb's upset at that. He thinks he's worth Peterson and Fitzgerald.

Sort of the line of thinking of McNabb for Ponder (or Locker) :doh:

I have to admit though, when I read the thread title, I thought OP would talk about Adrian Peterson, not Patrick.

Definitely crazy hoping that would go through. We might even throw in Dmitri Patterson for that trade as well.

Seriously, probably imagination/hope run wild based on PFW's report that the Eagles had a trade lined up with Arizona before the draft. Eagle fans are hoping that since there was a trade before the draft that maybe it was for Arizona's #1 pick and that maybe they would now not mind swapping that player for Kolb. No way that's happening, but it would be nice if it did!

Schefter is "reporting" (guessing?) that Arizona is most likely end spot for Kolb. No doubt the lockout in place hurt the Eagles as they could have gotten a decent trade before the draft. Now, I'm not so sure, considering several QB-needy teams have drafted a QB.

A friend of mine (Eagles fan) was telling me that he was listening to 610 WIP after the first round and they were talking about this same scenario. He said they were getting calls from people in Arizona saying the Cards would look to trade either Patrick Peterson or Rodgers-Cromartie for Kolb once the league year begins.

I was going to post something here as soon as he told me but I held off because I, like the OP, figured it was just a delusional Eagle speak.

• 3 weeks later...

Delusional?.........

The Philadelphia Inquirer continues to insist that the Eagles "received trade offers" for Mike Kafka prior to the NFL's work stoppage.

The idea sounds nice from an Eagles perspective, but we still having a hard time buying it. The 122nd pick in last year's draft, Kafka showed very poorly in his rookie preseason, completing just 42.4 percent of his 59 attempts with three interceptions against one touchdown. The Eagles are aggressive traders, so we suspect they're trying to drum up as much interest in their quarterbacks as possible. To the point that they're overrating them.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Archived