Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the NFL uses 2010 rules, here is a list of Free Agents (NFL.com)

@DCGoldPants

With the rules for 2011 league year still to be determined, Jason La Canfora has compiled a list of potential free agents based on the assumption that the league would operate under the same rules as 2010, which would mean six accrued seasons to be eligible for free agency.

Players with an asterisk next to their name received the franchise tag prior to the lockout.

Free Agent List

Don't know too much about Spencer but I would think Baas would be the better fit given him similarity with our O-Line coach.....

They are both 29 and same size and weight so whichever one fits our system best I am all for it.

If we could JUST sign a Center in FA, I would be elated. That's the only position on the team that makes me want to claw my eyes out.

No offense to Rabach, but he needs to be a backup at this point.

---------- Post added May-4th-2011 at 02:59 PM ----------

I honestly don't know a ton about the guy but apparently he has experience a guard and center and is a good run blocker. Hopefully he's on our radar....

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3178/david-baas

On the other hand, Seattle (Spencer) ran a zone blocking scheme taught by Alex Gibbs (Shanahan's old OL coach from Denver) last season. Honestly though, at this point, I'd take either.

---------- Post added May-4th-2011 at 03:00 PM ----------

The end of that article where he says he likes Andre Carter more as a 4-3 LB than end is hillarious.

That's classic JLC reporting. Excellence in all he does..........as long as reporting stuff accurately and timely is not what we're talking about. Now if we're talking about blowing things (including how spectacular his "bombshell" breaking news will be) then he's a 10!

Damn, so many needs, so little quality....

But I will take a K, P, C, G, OT, WR, QB, NT, DE, ILB and DB.... only 10 FA singings... that would be like a record low for the skins.

lol wow dude...we don't have that many needs. we are a young team with guys in many of the positions that we plan on developing. All that we need is a K, P, C, G, and CB.

---------- Post added May-4th-2011 at 04:07 PM ----------

I don't see J. Joseph for a CB for us to pick up...how do you guys feel about Ike Taylor?

This version of FA also stops us from signing Ryan Harris, as the Insiders have reported. He's only been in the league for 5 seasons. :(

We dont know yet from what also has been said Elway pretty much told him that he wasn't in their plans anymore and I'm guessing he's released

We dont know yet from what also has been said Elway pretty much told him that he wasn't in their plans anymore and I'm guessing he's released

Agreed....There will be a decent number of players that will probably be released that will add to the list. I can easily see Rocky included as being a year-5 guy who is not really in our plans going forward. We can also probably trade for Harris using our year 5 guys or conditional comp if he's not truely in their plans.

Regarding Spencer, he did work with Gibbs last year in Seattle, but was he any good? Are they interested in bringing him back?

Agreed....There will be a decent number of players that will probably be released that will add to the list. I can easily see Rocky included as being a year-5 guy who is not really in our plans going forward. We can also probably trade for Harris using our year 5 guys or conditional comp if he's not truely in their plans.

Regarding Spencer, he did work with Gibbs last year in Seattle, but was he any good? Are they interested in bringing him back?

Remember Gibbs left the Seahawks for health reasons so while they ran the ZBS Gibbs ended up leaving. Spencer has been solid not spectacular though, personally I'd have no problems bringing him in though

Looking over that list, here are my thoughts:

-We should re-sign Rex Grossman and Santana Moss.

-There are several FA prospects who could help on the offensive line.

-We could bring in a vet kicker to compete with Gano.

Archived