Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins tanked 2010 season and will tank 2011 season and I'm OK with it!

SkindaNFC

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

We're not tanking anything on purpose, but I can almost guarantee that our first round pick next year will be a QB. The only thing that could save that would be John Beck having some kind of miraculous turnaround and becoming a great QB. However, he will be 30 years old at the beginning of next season, I get the feeling that if he had the potential to be a franchise QB, he would've had his opportunity by now.

Going with the odds and assuming that Beck doesn't turn into a Pro-Bowler overnight, we'll end up with a Landry Jones/Matt Barkley/etc. Maybe even Andrew Luck if a team with a young QB has a bad season and wants to trade out of the top pick. We shall see.

But IMO, the Redskins probably won't be a serious contender to win the division until the 2013 season. It sucks to hear that but we're finally building a team the right way, with hard-working young players via the draft.

This season we upgraded our defense and skill positions. Next season we draft our franchise QB.

Yeah, and that's fine. But I just think theories of ulterior motives, such as purposefully losing or building a terrible team in the hopes of securing a draft pick are pretty outlandish. I assume that we will draft a QB next year as well, but I don't want to give up a season prior to that. I have faith that Shanny and the front office have a little more integrity than that.

Helu there.

I see what you did there :)

But IMO, the Redskins probably won't be a serious contender to win the division until the 2013 season. It sucks to hear that but we're finally building a team the right way, with hard-working young players via the draft.

This season we upgraded our defense and skill positions. Next season we draft our franchise QB.

I'm cool with that .... but would also like to see us upgrade our OL next season as well as draft our franchise QB.

It is difficult to not resort to snarky criticism because the entire concept is simply ludicrous in so many ways. If you honestly believe this to be the case you may want to get a second opinion on your mental state. Not be a a-hole (this time) but seriously, it would require such an effort to ignore clearly evident facts and string together insanely unlikely circumstances into some semblance of an outcome that you left reality far behind.

Helu there. :)

.....and instantly the thread is worth it just for that...........

Lovetoaster - A lot of great QB's come out of the 1st round. Brady is an aberration, he was taken in the 6th @ 199. Rodgers was taken 1st round like 17th overrall (i think). Sometimes guys that are coming out of college are just obviously franchise players. Take for instance Peyton Manning #1 overrall, you just knew he was gonna be good. I think the same goes for Luck. Even little Eli was taken in the 1st round. Philip Rivers was taken in the 1st round. Yeah these guys are professionals and they play to win, and they aren't gonna jeopardize their careers for a Redskins draft pick. But how well the Skins play isn't going to be in their hands, its going to be in Shanahans'. All I'm saying is, we aren't going to go anywhere next year esp with Rex or John and they set themselves up with the McNabb debacle in making it really hard to bring in another veteran QB, doesn't seem viable. They are creating circumstances that aren't optimal for winning, by letting 2 qb's that have shown they can't suceed take the reins.

There sure has been alot of "tanking the season" talk around here lately. Give me a break! Who's know's how luck will play in the NFL. Maybe he comes in and craps the bed. How many "can't miss Qb's" have been kicked to the curb after a few years? How about we sit back, ENJOY the upcoming season, and root for the Skins to kick the crap out of our Opp's this year.

It is difficult to not resort to snarky criticism because the entire concept is simply ludicrous in so many ways. If you honestly believe this to be the case you may want to get a second opinion on your mental state. Not be a a-hole (this time) but seriously, it would require such an effort to ignore clearly evident facts and string together insanely unlikely circumstances into some semblance of an outcome that you left reality far behind.

I'm just trying to make sense of senseless. It may take a ludicrous perspective to make sense of crazy moves the organization made in the past year.

.....and instantly the thread is worth it just for that...........

This game is about winning, so tanking the season doesn't make much sense. Beside that no one knows what will happen to Luck next season, he might suffer injuries, he lost his coaching staff and it might have an impact on his stats.

Yeah, and that's fine. But I just think theories of ulterior motives, such as purposefully losing or building a terrible team in the hopes of securing a draft pick are pretty outlandish. I assume that we will draft a QB next year as well, but I don't want to give up a season prior to that. I have faith that Shanny and the front office have a little more integrity than that.

I agree with this. I don't think there's any conspiracy to purposefully lose in order to gain one player, but I do think that the natural progression of building the team via the draft is going to again put us in a place to select one of the top QBs coming out of college next year. I also think that Shanahan/Allen are well aware that the 2012 draft class of QBs is leaps and bounds above the 2011 class both in talent and depth at the position and I think that factored heavily in the decision to opt for defense early in this draft.

I'm cool with that .... but would also like to see us upgrade our OL next season as well as draft our franchise QB.

I definitely agree with this too. If I had one complaint about this draft it would be that we didn't add any OL in the first few rounds. However, FA still has yet to come so I'll reserve judgment until after then.

Well you got one thing right in my mind. We will suck and lose more games this season then we win. But that wont be because we intentionally are trying to tank the year. it will be because we flat out suck and can't compete with Dallas, Philly. and NY yet. Tanking is something people look at for ways to feel good when things go bad, so if you want to feel good then keep on believing we lost because we wanted too.

Patriots are going to get Luck, they've stockpiled enough 1st & 2nd round picks next year to trade up to #1.

Only if the #1 team picking agrees to, otherwise, they won't get him, or whoever is projected to be the #1 pick. Always remember that it takes two to have a deal.

Regarding the Tanking the season, well I would say that if that was what Dan wanted, then he would just have keep Vinny and Zorn until next year, they would have tank the season perfectly, without anyone actually notice.

Patriots are going to get Luck, they've stockpiled enough 1st & 2nd round picks next year to trade up to #1.

I doubt it. Not after drafting Mallett, and Brady will be around for a while. It wouldn't be worth it for the Pats to use up that much (because it will take a lot, especially if the #1 team needs a QB) on one guy. That's not how Bellichick rolls.

----------------------------

Personally, I don't think this team needs to tank to get close to the #1 pick. We're not going to be very good. You don't tank an entire season for a guy, even if the scouts are drooling over him like they are over Luck. I'm pretty sure Luck will be a star QB, but you never know. Play the season, let some young guys play since we're not going to be competitive and see how it shakes out. If you have an opportunity, trade some players/picks to get Luck.

Most conspiracy theories fail because they require too many people to make them work. Secrets can only be kept between exactly two people and only if one of them is dead.

The Skins fail during the Vinny/Snyder era because they procured parts and not a team. Some parts (the OL and DL) were completely ignored. Other parts were just bad parts (Jeff George, Deion, Archuleta) and some just because the talent evaluators didn't evaluate talent or know its relative worth to the draft picks they were trading away or the players they already had on their team. (McNabb, Jason Taylor).

It's easier to be incompetent than it is to be stealthy. I suspect, with the Redskins, it was definitely the former.

This game is about winning, so tanking the season doesn't make much sense. Beside that no one knows what will happen to Luck next season, he might suffer injuries, he lost his coaching staff and it might have an impact on his stats.

Jake Locker lost a lot of guys, had ****ty supporting cast but it didn't to deter anyone from drafting him out of the top 10. With QB's when you got it, you got it.... teams just gotta have the nards to go after it. Luck parallels Peyton Manning coming outta college, you can just see it in his game that he will be successful.

Archived