Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Jones downplays skipped sit-down with 'Boys WR Bryant

tr1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fa276d/article/jones-downplays-skipped-sitdown-with-boys-wr-bryant

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones didn't need a longer conversation with embattled receiver Dez Bryant after all.

Good thing, because they didn't see each other Friday before the NFL lockout went back into effect.

Jones indicated Thursday that he spoke briefly with Bryant for the first time in weeks, and planned to talk more Friday.

"I couldn't get it worked to where I could give him a sure time as busy as we've been here," Jones told The Dallas Morning News between the second and third round of Friday night's draft. "But I'll get to him."

Bryant is recovering from an ankle injury. He's also made headlines for extensive jewelry purchases that prompted several lawsuits and an incident with a security guard at an upscale mall.

Though they didn't meet Friday, Jones says he relayed "about 99 percent" of what he wanted Bryant to know when they talked Thursday. Jones says another meeting would have been redundant.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2011 at 01:26 PM ----------

In the phone call, Jerruh asked Dez to continue to make an ass of himself. Jerruh likes any kind of publicity...positive or negative.

Archived