Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rashard Mendenhall on twitter, this can't be good......

Hey smart guy, my in-laws are ME, I can understand it very well....I know exactly what he said. You might want to stop while you're ahead because the average level of intelligence on this board is well above yours, which is saying something. I'm sure there are plenty of ME folks on here that can understand obl as well, it's not like the USA only speaks english.

lol maybe i should have read the second post after his, as I said just because we are in the USA does not mean we only speak english. I know my in-laws speak multiple languages (I don't speak or write, but I can understand), souljaboy is assuming and judging all in the same thread all the while attacking others for the same, lol, hypocrite much?

Nah, you said it much better than I. I tend to be long winded. :)

Funny how that freedom of speech thing works. The people who want to taut that line are usually the one's who get upset when others exercise that right back at them.

The whole celebration of death thing is kind of skewed as well. I've seen a couple posters talk about it not being the Christian way, yet Christianity is built around the celebration of death. Christ died for our sins. Without this sacrifice, we would not be saved. Hence, his death, and of course, resurrection is celebrated across the world every year. Of course, it is understandable. Because he died for us, we can all live eternally.

However, OBL's can and should be viewed as the same, on a different scale and level, without any of the faith or theology in the mix. BEFORE ANYONE GOES OFF SAYING I AM COMPARING OBL TO JESUS, READ THIS ENTIRE POST FIRST. He may not have died for us, he certainly didn't want to save us, and his death was in no way noble and self-sacrificing on his part, but OBL's death very well could mark the saving of thousands of innocent lives. The Christian way is to celebrate death when it saves, and his death does that. Most Christians still are receptive to most if not all of the Old Testament as well, where we are taught about an eye for an eye. Ironic where OBL was shot when he was killed, huh?

To the point of conspiracy, every issue, and I mean EVERY issue that the conspirators have hung their hats on has been proven wrong by experts, not government experts, but professional, non-government employed engineers, aviators, explosive technicians, etc.

My point to this post is that everything about Mendehall's tweets was hypocritical and wrong. Anyone supporting or defending any of those statements he made is just as hypocritical and wrong.

I cannot believe this soljaofjesus person really thinks no one in the USA could understand the video's of Bin Laden.

That has to be one of the most ignorant posts on this board I have ever read. I mean seriously, do you really think the US and media are so naive to think whatever they tell us as far as the translation goes, we would take as truth? You really think no regular civilian in this country couldn't understand what was being said?

I cannot believe this soljaofjesus person really thinks no one in the USA could understand the video's of Bin Laden.

That has to be one of the most ignorant posts on this board I have ever read. I mean seriously, do you really think the US and media are so naive to think whatever they tell us as far as the translation goes, we would take as truth? You really think no regular civilian in this country couldn't understand what was being said?

der what?! we only speak amurican here

the sad thing is that 99% of people that believe 9/11 was an inside job have never done any actual research on anything....melting temp of steel used in the towers, how much fuel (in thousands of pounds, b/c thats how they measure fuel in large planes), the physical impact force that a jumbo jet flying fast and low would have on the structural integrity of the towers (you would need mass of the plane and it's velocity obviously).....they just take others opinions as their own just b/c they think it's cool or trendy or they just don't like the gov't for some reason.

the ignorance is annoying. if someone were to argue the point objectively and try to use facts from math and physics it would be interesting, but the blind sheep in the world (looking at you soljaofjesus), are nothing more than annoying.

My fave one was the guy who tried to say the fires were set because jet fuel burns clear and there was black smoke coming from the towers. Then someone told him that there were other flammable things in the building....like, oh , PEOPLE. And then he kinda shut up. Of course Rosie O'Donnel believed him and used that as part of her crusade......

Funny how that freedom of speech thing works. The people who want to taut that line are usually the one's who get upset when others exercise that right back at them.
Freedom of speech prevents the government from silencing you. It does not promise that individuals won't ridicule you when you say something stupid.
The Christian way is to celebrate death when it saves, and his death does that. Most Christians still are receptive to most if not all of the Old Testament as well, where we are taught about an eye for an eye. Ironic where OBL was shot when he was killed, huh?
Read Matthew 5:38-48

We are not taught to celebrate death when it saves. We celebrate Christ's birth, life, death, and resurrection. His birth brought God down amongst us. His life taught us the way. His death was his sacrifice to the Father so that we may be forgiven. His resurrection was the conquering of death. None of this mirrors the killing of an enemy such as OBL.

In fact remember that no one is saying that OBL should not have died. The point is that the human impulse of hating our enemies and rejoicing at the news of their demise is of this world and does not meet the standard to which we have been called. Forgiveness and love must replace hatred and vengeance. This is not to say the duty to put down a mass murderer should be left undone but that it has to be undertaken with the proper mindset that rejects sin. A mindset that understand that stopping OBL is a regrettable need and sees the sadness of another life wasted when it could have joined us on the right path, which would have spared so many from so much suffering. This mindset blocks hatred and vengeance from entering the heart where such sins can take root and grow poisoning the host from the inside out. No one said being "like-Christ" would be easy.

Again however, does anyone get the feeling that Mendenhall's intent was to shepherd us through a rough patch and steer us away from sin? I don't. I think he fired off a biblical defense when his crazy theories got a negative reaction. He's clearly being a douchebag. Someone needs to take his twitter account away and explain to him that he's better not sharing all his thoughts.

I agree, BUT there's a huge difference in TARGETING innocents and collateral damage. WE do our best NOT to kill civilians and we are sorry when it happens. We don't make videos justifying why it's okay and why they deserved it. So, I don't know if you're implying that we're the same as Osama Bin Laden, but if that's what you meant, you've clearly lost the point. He murdered thousands of innocent lives because that's exactly what he wanted to do, then he spent years murdering more of them because that's exactly what he wanted to do.

Glad I caught this. That's not at all what I was saying and I do understand the difference between collateral and intentional.

Also, I'm not saying that I agree with OBL, but his reasoning for doing what he did, was to hold the people responsible for our government doing what it has done in the middle east and that would be the American voter. So basically, since we don't hold our government responsible, he did.

I don't like any part of war or nation building. I don't like having our military stationed on their soil and I don't like our government being in bed with rich oil sheiks either.

Glad I caught this. That's not at all what I was saying and I do understand the difference between collateral and intentional.

Also, I'm not saying that I agree with OBL, but his reasoning for doing what he did, was to hold the people responsible for our government doing what it has done in the middle east and that would be the American voter. So basically, since we don't hold our government responsible, he did.

I don't like any part of war or nation building. I don't like having our military stationed on their soil and I don't like our government being in bed with rich oil sheiks either.

are you trying to justify osama bin laden? smh

are you trying to justify osama bin laden? smh

Not at all. I can't justify violence from anybody. I was just stating that it wasn't just a senseless act against us, for no reason other than hating out freedoms. I know that's unpopular, but it is true. But, no, I do not condone his actions one tiny bit.

Not at all. I can't justify violence from anybody. I was just stating that it wasn't just a senseless act against us, for no reason other than hating out freedoms. I know that's unpopular, but it is true. But, no, I do not condone his actions one tiny bit.

I understand "his why". I'm sure Jeffrey Dahmer had a perfectly logical reason for doing what HE did too. He was horny and hungry. However, I don't think that my first reaction to his death would be to call others out for celebrating it.

Every psychopath has a reason, that doesn't mean it's justifiable. If Osama had actually wanted to change things, he could have applied for a green card and run for governor. He could have held peaceful rallies to change the regimes of middle eastern countries (like those in Egypt did).

The reason you used for his attack is the reason he gave, so you are probably right, but if you begin to study the history of terrorism, such as the rise of the PLO, the real reason most of these guys get into this is because they want to become influential political leaders. They start out with a cause, start a war, and slowly turn that war into a political ideology. From that point people begin seeing their reasons as justifiable, and they're given a political leadership role and recognized by other nations.

That's the path many of the middle eastern terrorists have taken. Either way, intentionally targeting innocents can not be justified because you have a logical reason.

Sorry I misunderstood your initial post, I think I understand better now. I'll take you off my "watch list" :ols:

I dont know whos sig it is, but this reminds me of the "I do not believe in shark attacks" thing.

Vishal. I love that sig.

---------- Post added May-4th-2011 at 06:03 PM ----------

Sorry I misunderstood your initial post, I think I understand better now. I'll take you off my "watch list" :ols:

:ols: Thanks

ftr, do you remember how angry you got on 9/12, when you saw the ME people rejoicing in the street? We are now on their level IMO.

ftr, do you remember how angry you got on 9/12, when you saw the ME people rejoicing in the street? We are now on their level IMO.

Wow.

That makes about as little sense as anything I've ever read on this board.

Celebrating the killing of thousands of innocent people = celebrating the death of an international terrorist?

You have got to be kidding.

I would have to agree with DarrellsMyHero. I don't believe the two are equal. I don't believe in celebrating death at all, but I don't believe that when a murderer that targeted thousands of innocents dies and people are jubilant it is even remotely equal to being jubilant at the murder of thousands of innocents, children among them.

If that were the case, then we were never above their level. We celebrated when Hitler was killed in Germany. Now if we had thrown parties in the streets when they dropped the bomb on Japan, and we had media video of the victims of that, and still threw parties, well then that would have been pretty equal to what happened in the ME on 9/12, IMO.

EDIT:

Also, I just wanted to tell people, my intention here wasn't to slam SoljaofJesus. I've noticed a lot of it, I don't hate people for good intentions, and I don't believe he had bad intentions, even if I don't agree with his opinion. So, can we please, out of respect for the fellow Redskin fan, stop attacking the individual? Please?

I'm sorry it turned into that. I am pretty adamant in my opinions, and can be pretty aggressive in expressing them, but I didn't mean to turn this into a "Everyone hate on SoljaofJesus" thing.

Wow.

That makes about as little sense as anything I've ever read on this board.

Celebrating the killing of thousands of innocent people = celebrating the death of an international terrorist?

You have got to be kidding.

I already explained how we are not that innocent, when viewed by the people in the ME.

I already explained how we are not that innocent, when viewed by the people in the ME.

So, you are making excuse for them and their cause. It is okay that they killed thousands of people, including children, because they don't view Westerners as being innocent? You are one sick mother ****er. Seriously!!!

I think its weird that people focus on his truther tweets.

This is why Mendenhall is a piece of ****:

"What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side..."

That tweet is what's unacceptable.

But just because some people, and the feeling is definitely not universal among arabs or arab nations (though it had been popular in the past), does not mean that those people are right.

**** that ****. Sorry but my friends father was certainly an innocent when he died 9/11. He did nothing to provoke anyone in the ME, much less Osama Bin Laden. Bin Laden got his. **** the mother****er in hell.

Mendenhall is ignorant. Obviously he is quoting the "truther" movement saying the WTC towers came down 'demolition style'. So, watching 'Loose Change' makes him an expert now? Loose Change has to be one of the most poorly researched 'journalistic' pieces ever conceived. I mean, wow, they really reached in that one.

It also implies, that since our own government was responsible for the attacks, that Bid Laden himself is an innocent--which would further explain Mendenhall's comments. Honestly, I thought the whole truther movement had fizzled out--guess I was wrong. Seems that pioneer of journalistic integrity Alex Jones is still spreading his drivel.

But for those of who saying that we, the ones that believe terrorists crashed planes into the WTC towers at the orders of Osama Bin Laden, blindly follow what we're told by the news media, please do not continue to insult our intelligence. I, for one, don't watch the news because I find the whole process counterproductive and riddled with bias. There are other ways of tracking down truth if it really matters to one so much--and sometimes, these methods prove all along, that the news media was telling the truth.

Imagine that.

Archived