Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Draft in Snyder Era?

skinofwar

The thing that I'm happy about is the fact that they were able to get VOLUME out of this draft. They took that 2nd Rd pick we got from Jacksonville and for all intents and purposes, got FOUR additional picks and got back the 3rd and 4th round picks we traded away last year. That in itself is remarkable. This front office is doing things DIFFERENTLY. I like that.

VOLUME is worthless if there's no quality there. There's no shortage of training camp fodder out there, waiting for the phone to ring. There are over 100 Division I college teams graduating (or not) players every year for only 32 NFL teams, so volume is simply a matter of picking up the phone.

My recollection of the after-draft analysis of the 2008 draft on ES was that we stole the two best receivers, the best TE and Rinehart was a beast. People who thought Kelly and Thomas fell to the second round for legit reasons were universally panned as unknowledgeable about football. In fact, I think the delusion that Kelly and Thomas were superstars in the making continued right up to through training camp last year.

It's really hard to judge players on their college highlight reels. Some guys play a lot better against Louisana-Monroe than they do against the Giants. Others play well at every level. No one will know for a couple of years.

Devin Thomas just hasn't gotten a fair chance! Same thing happened with Colt Brennan!

Archived