Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank-You Pez & Huly

Mark The Homer

I had a fabulous time at the Draft Day festivities yesterday, and, on behalf of all those who attended, I wanted to publicly thank Pez and Huly for their outstanding organization of the ES Draft Day Tailgate. The day was perfect, just as every day is perfect for any ExtremeSkins event with Pez and Huly in charge.

Of course, I also wanted to thank the Washington Redskins for their courtesy and hospitality in not only providing the space for the event without a single fee to anyone, but also providing trash containers, porta-johns, and after-event clean-up service.

And how could I also not thank Sons Of The Radio, the rock band that played three (3) sets just for us - and not charge a dime? They were outstanding, by all counts.

Thanks again!

-ExtremeSkins Members & Redskins Fans everywhere

---------- Post added May-1st-2011 at 08:06 AM ----------

Oh, and thanks to the guy who handed me the I Like Sonny bumper sticker. I actually have a photo from the early 70s of that sticker, and this one handed to me yesterday is an exact replica of it, from the colors, to the fonts, to the message. It is perfect! It's like going back 40 years ago, grabbing a bumper sticker, and bringing it back to life.

Thanks very much, Sir.

:cheers:

---------- Post added May-1st-2011 at 08:21 AM ----------

Finally, I wanted to comment on Pez's wings.

I've been trying to come up with a word. The best one I can think of is "ridiculous."

Pez's wings are way beyond any reasonable quality of goodness. Seriously. Each one bursts of juiciness. You wouldn't think a stupid chicken wing could contain so much juice, especially one coming out of a fryer, but somehow, these do. And that, coupled with the dry rub seasoning he uses (which is a new seasoning he's recently developed, not the old seasoning which he's used in the past) is a combination that is just immeasurable. Honestly, the dry rub mixes with the juice of the chicken and combines to create a flavor that's way beyond any chicken wing I've ever had. It's not even fair. His wings cannot possibly have come from this planet.

It's just ridiculous.

eshead9sjpg.jpg

Couldnt have said it better.

Arrived late (by some standards) and left early but the time spent with old friends and new was fan-freakin-tastic and all starts with Pez & Huly!

Thanks so much for all you do for your Redskins family, I am so glad you have allowed me and my family to be a part of it.

I was unhappy to have missed this due to family obligations, but I want you to know Mark, that when we stopped for lunch, I ordered a Reuben and pretended I was there. It must have been fun having so many picks for the Skins.

Hey Mark - you know how I know you're old?

You referred to them as a rock band. :silly:

Glad to see you guys had fun though :)

I'm surprised he didn't say "and I want to thank them for playing that rock and roll that the kids like so much" :silly:

:movefast:

Thank you Pez and Huly for a great time. What was funny is that I heard a ton of people around us say, do these people know each other? and these people sure do love the redskins! lol

I am quite surprised I didn't see the crowds in the parking lot as big as last year or even in the Gibbs years

I didn't make it down for the DDP this year, but I can say with certainty that there are very few better people walking this earth than pez & Huly. Thank you both for all that you do, all year long, every year. Our collective fan experience is better because the two of you are a part of it.

I'm just restating the obvious here but Pez and Huly thank you all for everything. Huly thank you and your parents for picking me up and driving me up to the stadium it really helped out a ton. Also Pez those wings I just can't even describe at all

and it was nice finally meeting the people I've argued with and against over and over. :ols:

Sorry just saw this...

We appreciate the thanks guys, but if it weren't for everyone who came and contributed to these events, they would suck LOL..

I want to thank all you guys for making theses events great. The food was great, the drinks were great, the music was great, but even better.............. the people were awesome!

Please be on the lookout for the other offseason events, as we ae currently working out final details.

Again... these events are nothing without you all! HTTR !!!!

P.S.: Mark ... That smoked brisket was yummy!!

I concur w/all that Mark had to say...the wings are, indeed, ridiculous, the band was good..especially that cute lil lead singer (good lawd),the rest of the food was good and the people..well u know how we do things! I had a blast & was glad to have been a part of this again. It was great to see old friends and the new faces were awesome as well! I thoroughly enjoyed myself...blew my diet but who cares...it's the Skins baby! :)

MTH - Thought you would like the sticker. I had 3 made and planned to give you one and see if anybody else wanted one too. Dave saw one and we got to talking about how that was the ONLY bumper sticker his mom ever allowed on HER car and I gave him the other one.

If anybody else wants one, you can get one here:

http://www.zazzle.com/128512710681148202?style=standard_bumpersticker

Pez and Huly - Thanks again for another awesome tailgate. It was the first of what I hope to be many for my nephews. The older one bit into his first Pez wing and immediately said. "This is GOOD!" Pretty high praise from a teenager. :)

MTH - Thought you would like the sticker. I had 3 made and planned to give you one and see if anybody else wanted one too. Dave saw one and we got to talking about how that was the ONLY bumper sticker his mom ever allowed on HER car and I gave him the other one.

If anybody else wants one, you can get one here:

http://www.zazzle.com/128512710681148202?style=standard_bumpersticker

Pez and Huly - Thanks again for another awesome tailgate. It was the first of what I hope to be many for my nephews. The older one bit into his first Pez wing and immediately said. "This is GOOD!" Pretty high praise from a teenager. :)

Three??? Dude - you should have made 33. You should have made 303!

I am kidding, of course. But wouldn't you get a discount to buy in bulk?

Very nicely done - and a great example of walking your talk.

Thanks very much. :cheers:

P.S. People are asking about the stickers in a thread in the Stadium...

Oh - and on Draft Day, I saw a kid standing around the fryer with his plate, patiently waiting for a wing. He was maybe eleven. I took him aside and said "Son, you have your whole life in front of you. You may become CEO of Microsoft, you might become President of the United States, you may someday fly to the moon, but one thing you will never do - is eat a chicken wing better than the one you're about to eat on this day."

(he eyed me warily and sort of side-stepped away from me slowly...)

MTH - LOL, was he wearing a white Moss jersey? If so, that was the younger nephew of the two who were there.

BTW, I am making some more of the Sonny ones on Vista Print, but I won't have them for a few weeks (wasn't willing to pay for the "quick processing"). I am hoping these come out as well as the Zazzle ones.

Archived