Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Passed on every QB possible, Shanny secretly talking to a Vet QB?

ZoEd

We passed on every damn QB possible, including project guys like Stanzi and McElroy. So, Grossman is the man? Or, has Shanny been talking with a vet that he plans on bringing in if and when the season starts?

So, if he's been secretly talking to a vet, who is it? Vince Young, Carson Palmer? Who else is out there?

We passed on every damn QB possible, including project guys like Stanzi and McElroy. So, Grossman is the man? Or, has Shanny been talking with a vet that he plans on bringing in if and when the season starts?

So, if he's been secretly talking to a vet, who is it? Vince Young, Carson Palmer? Who else is out there?

He seems to have faith in Beck for some reason.

I'm guessing that Grossman and Beck compete for the starting position.

this is what ive been thinking since the jenkins pick. Theres no way that Shanny and bruce dont have some kind of plan.

McNabb for Palmer? I dont know how each guy's value relates to the other. I wouldnt want to see Palmer for more than a season (or 2 if our new QB new year is waiting behind him) but at this point I think he would greatly increase our chances of winning. No thanks to vince young, alex smith, clausen. Would rather have Grossman.

My impression is that they were of the same mind as many of the pundits out there. There just wasn't one QB available in the draft,(and that includes Locker I think),that they felt was the "Franchise" QB of the future. And they weren't about to settle. So yeah. Either a Vet QB or waiting to try again next year.

Can probably add Marc Bulger and Matt H (Seattle) to the list of possibilities.

We'll see what happens, but I do wish we had someone to look to the future with instead of 30-somethings that we hope have something left in the tank. Assuming McNabb is not the QB this coming season (and it looks likely he won't be), there's gonna be a lot of pressure on Rex or whoever we get in FA to perform. If the offense sputters and we finish below .500 and don't have a young prospect in the wings, the accolades over the draft this past weekend are going to seem like a distant memory.

Could be interesting to see if the VY rumors were true. I wasn't a big fan of his coming out of the draft but I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him now that draft picks aren't involved. I would however want it to be a situation where he competes for a job or possibly even sits a year while Grossman or Beck play.

Beck in particular intrigues me. He had a pretty good scouting report coming out of college. He looked bad in the one or two games he started in Miami but that team was terrible. It's hard to hold him accountable for that.

Hopefully we'll get a shot at one of the top QB's in next years draft. Even if that means a difficult to watch 2011.

Breaking News...

There was not one single QB in this years draft worth higher then a round 4. Unfortunately, for the smart teams, they were gone by then.

exception: ryan mallett but he doesnt fit our offense.

Seriously people. I cant remember a worst draft class for the QB position.

I don't remember if it was ESPN or NFL Network but one of them was suggesting Hasselbeck as a candidate for the Skins.

It was Dilfer on espn I do believe!

Bulger will probably be the QB for the Skins next year I believe?

I don't remember if it was ESPN or NFL Network but one of them was suggesting Hasselbeck as a candidate for the Skins.

Trent Dilfer linked Hasselbeck to both Arizona and Washington during his lament for Seattle's multiple reaches. I don't know if he was doing anything beyond speculating under the reasoning that neither Arizona nor Washington took a QB.

I actually think other peoples' opinions make more sense about why the Redskins didn't take a QB. The only one they loved wasn't available.

According to Schefter and Mort, the Skins will be looking at Beck as the starter.

They seem to have been really high on him for awhile.

Problem is, Grossman has said he wants to be a starter, and he is a free agent.

Now if there was some team that makes him a very good offer and a chance to start, he may be gone.

I would think with the way they drafted, they plan on Beck, Grossman, then either a urfa or someone in a trade

As the man to hold the clipboard.

No thanks to vince young, alex smith, clausen. Would rather have Grossman.

i'd love to see what alex smith could do under shannys guidance. something like 32 TD's and 20 INT's in 20 or so games the past 2 years with a dicey o coordinator.

Archived