Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So who is running up the middle on the Lions?

Destino

The Bucs could also have a ridiculous DL/front 7 if everything works out...which is a big if. They made some risky picks. But in the unlikely case that their DL develops and plays up to their potential....holy ****.

They should be good, but teams will find a way to get it done against them. Attempts to overkill a position never really work.

Overkill a position? WTF?...It was a GREAT pick. Teams now will pay dearly for constantly doubling Suh. And you can't double BOTH guys! Its a win-win for the Lions. It not only bolsters their already stout defensive line, but it takes a lot of pressure off of their horrible secondary.

Btw, the Bucs drafted two stud DTs in last year's draft, and two stud DE's in this year's one. Both of these teams are making huge strides through the draft. And its obviously paying dividends.

They should be good, but teams will find a way to get it done against them. Attempts to overkill a position never really work.

:whoknows: Seems to work every year with the Giants and THEIR DL/front 7. And they did it again today. I don't think you can really "overkill" a position on defense, except maybe S and ILB.

QBs can't pass if they're always on their ass.

Can't have a good running game if you only can run to the perimeter.

Besides the Williams wall must have been overkill too. They didn't really work even though they had helped contribute to a top rush D for a few years, now did they? /sarcasm

agreed when talking about speed guys. Could not disagree with you more when talking about the lines. The team that controls the LoS has the best chance to win the game.

I literally fell out of my chair when Fairley's name flashed across the screen. That was the best pick of the draft IMO, great value, at a very important position.

If Fairley has his head on straight, The Lions D will wreak havoc on Sundays. Like my good friend Bubble Screen said, it doesn't matter if you have Richard ****ing Simmons in the secondary when you have dual flamethrowers in the trenches. Unlike having two elite DE's and subpar tackles, where the QB can easily step up in the pocket, he is instead going to get immediate pressure from the inside, which is going to make everyones life on that defense a lot easier.

I'd have to source it, but I'm pretty sure that no DT in NFL history has ever gotten more than 14+ sacks in a season. It may not happen this year, but with the threat of having Fairley beside him, I can almost guarantee that Suh will get it. In about 2-3 years, the Lions will be good, damn good.

This kid falling was such a gift. It allows Schwartz and co. so much flexibility.

Consider seeing a package where Fairley and Suh kick out to ends, Sammie Lee Hill anchors the middle and they stand up Avril.

Or coming with a 5-2 alignment with Williams/SLH, Suh and Fairley on the field at the same time.

You won't see it all the time or even that much, but it will definitely be in the mix.

Well done, Mayhew, even though the kid fell in your lap. And a big thank you goes out to SF, TEN, JAX, HOU and especially MIN. DET was only trying to trade out because they thought MIN was taking Fairley. They were not high on Prince and I think they had serious questions about Quinn.

If anything, that defensive line should be extremely fun to watch.

Ridiculous pick. I was shocked at first, but then when I thought about it, the Lions may have the scariest defensive line in the NFL if Fairley pans out. And honestly, there is no reason why he shouldn't. With scary mofos like Suh and Vanden Bosch riding his *** to play and practice hard, there's little chance Fairley becomes a bust for a lack of effort.

If the Lions continue to draft well, and Stafford can stay healthy, they are going to be one of the great teams in the NFC very, very soon.

Archived