Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins Pick Jarvis Jenkins With the 41st Pick (2011 NFL Draft Video)

skinofwar

From what I've read people aren't sure if he's and NT or DE in the 3-4 (which would seem to suggest to me he's not an NT).

Anybody have any clue?

Not sure. Shanny said he was a prototypical 3-4 end, but ohers have said Skins will ask him to put on weight to pla the nose, draft experts were saying he could play either spot. His spin move and breakthrough strength are pretty ridiculous.

41. Washington Redskins -- Jarvis Jenkins, DT, Clemson: A 4-3 tackle at Clemson, he likely projects as a 3-4 end for the 'Skins. Yet at some point we have to wonder, why don't the Redskins just go back to a 4-3? Yesterday's first-rounder, Ryan Kerrigan, and Brian Orakpo were college defensive ends; Jenkins was a college d-tackle; London Fletcher is a Pro Bowl-quality middle linebacker; and $100 million man Albert Haynesworth wants to be a one-gap defensive tackle like he was in Tennessee. The 4-3 scheme seems to fit the personnel much, much better than the 3-4 that flopped last year.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/04/live-blog-second--and-third-round-analysis-of-2011-nfl-draft/1

Could we just stop day-dreaming about what this defense could be if it were a 4-3?

It stopped being productive a long time ago. The 3-4 is here to stay. And Shanahan will be here long enough, and have enough drafts, to make going back to the 4-3 just as much a pain.

I'm iffy on this pick. This guy had problems with his 225 reps, a bad 40 time, and there are questions if he can be a 3 down lineman. All of that speaks towards work ethic, health, and dedication. He has the talent to be a good 3-4 DE (not a nose tackle) but he won't do anything if they can't find a nose tackle.

So, I guess Jeremy Jarmon is not in the plans? At least not as a starter.

Carriker and Jenkins as the DE's. I guess we can rotate Jarmon in for some playing time. Jackson and Wilson as now OLB's right, or has that changed again?

Could be a good pick. So far 3 solid pickups imo.

I'm iffy on this pick. This guy had problems with his 225 reps, a bad 40 time, and there are questions if he can be a 3 down lineman. All of that speaks towards work ethic, health, and dedication. He has the talent to be a good 3-4 DE (not a nose tackle) but he won't do anything if they can't find a nose tackle.

Intangibles 2 Team captain. No off-field issues or academic problems to our knowledge. Improving as a leader and is learning to trust his coaching more as he matures.

He was team captain. Doubt he's got work ethic or dedication problems.

If he is is going to play DE why are so many people talking about him as a solution to our NT issues? 17 Reps for a Dlineman is horrible. Hankerson did 14. LOL

Yeah and Vernon Golston did like 35 reps.........With grand total of like 2 sacks in 4 seasons

When they start giving points in games for bench press reps Ill take it more serious

Yeah and Vernon Golston did like 35 reps.........With grand total of like 2 sacks in 4 seasons

When they start giving points in games for bench press reps Ill take it more serious

I like the point you're making, but I just thought it would be funny to point out that VG has ZERO career sacks (I think). ZERO. :ols:

Archived