Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And this season's starting QB is...

SexyRexy

Well I heard Dan said he "needs to pay his dues for everything he has put the franchise through." Dan is going to play QB and "take a few hits for the team" He truly wants to see how to build a storied franchise "from the ground up." :rotflmao:

Matt Flynn!

I really don't think enough attention is being paid to this possibility. I know that Flynn has only really played one game, but he torched the Patriots. He is an unrestricted FA after this upcoming season (assuming there is one), and there are rumblings that they may try and deal him during the offseason. There is a history of such deals by the Packers recently, as they have traded backups Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck and Aaron Brooks when they were behind Favre. I think that Flynn will be another in a few months.

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

At the end of '11, Flynn would be unrestricted and free to go anywhere with no compensation if the Packers didn't put a franchise or transition tag on him. The last chance the Packers would have to get something for him would probably be through a trade this off-season.

"I think somebody's going to come and get him," receiver James Jones said. "If they don't, they're stupid, especially the teams in this league that need a quarterback."

Thompson could follow Wolf's lead and deal Flynn before the contract situation even comes up. Wolf traded Brunell and Hasselbeck after their second seasons and Brooks after his first.

For Brunell in 1995, he got third- and fifth-round picks from Jacksonville.

For Brooks in 2000, he got a third-round pick.

For Hasselbeck in 2001, he was able to move up seven spots to No. 10 in the first round as well as get a third-round pick.

If Flynn is viewed as a starter around the league, Thompson might not take less than a third-round pick based on those previous deals.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/112413099.html

The story is a little old, but the possbility still remains. Who knows, but I think it is definitely something to think about.

If Shanahan and McNabb could work things out, that would certainly be the best case scenario. With one more year in this system and additional time for the o-line to gel, McNabb will certainly have a more productive season with the Redskins

A scout, not affiliated with the Skins:

“I did like John Beck coming out of college. He had a terrible Senior Bowl game. At BYU I thought he was quick with his feet, and dropped quickly. He had a good release and was very accurate short and intermediate. He could scramble away from pressure. He had a real accurate arm, he just didn’t have great size. But I’ll tell you what, they loved him at BYU. They couldn’t say enough about him. They thought he had good accuracy and smarts. It was just a matter of getting an opportunity and staying in one system. It wouldn’t shock me if he’s their starter. I thought he could be. You probably want someone better in the long run but you can win with him. He’s better than Rex Grossman by a longshot. Grossman is erratic as hell. If Beck gets dialed in and he’s smart, he can handle that offense.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/redskins/2011/05/razzano-redskins-get-b-can-win-beck

David Garrard, Dan Orlovsky, Matt Lienart, Mattl Flynn, Jimmy Clausen, Tavaris Jackson, Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn,

I would not be the least surprised to see the team make a trade for Clausen.

I know the fan base will riot, but it should not come as a surprise.

I'll be honest, I still don't think this team is a contender next year. They're still at minimum one to two more solid offseasons (including quality drafts and smart FA pickups and cuts) away from seriously contending for the playoffs. I say ride it out with Beck, lets see what he's got in preseason (assuming there is one) and if he puts up a solid outting, plug him in. He's probably a stop gap for a couple of years while you transition to a newer younger qb in next year's draft.

If we go after some veteran qb like Bulger, then we may get to 7-9, 8-8 with solid qb play but if we're serious about rebuilding, then ride it out with Beck and play it smart with these FA acquisitions.

Kerry Collins or Vinny Testaverde.

So....If Grossman is Sexy Rexy would Kerry Collins be Hari Kerry?....LOL...Though after last year.....Gross Grossman might be better. Maybe ....My Zombie Cousin Vinny Testaverde is about right.

Truth be told....I think Beck being starter would confirm that we are tanking this year to get Luck.

There were no solid franchise QB's this year and if you compared the quality to previous years at the position....No QB should have been taken in the first round.

Luck is the one guy in these 2 years who deserves a franchise QB designation.

Hmm, it seems like the world is pretty much 50/50 on Beck. I've heard/read some good things about him, and i've heard/read from those that think he absolutely sucks. How can one man be so perplexing that the entire sports world seems divided on him? :)

I'll be honest, I still don't think this team is a contender next year. They're still at minimum one to two more solid offseasons (including quality drafts and smart FA pickups and cuts) away from seriously contending for the playoffs. I say ride it out with Beck, lets see what he's got in preseason (assuming there is one) and if he puts up a solid outting, plug him in. He's probably a stop gap for a couple of years while you transition to a newer younger qb in next year's draft.

If we go after some veteran qb like Bulger, then we may get to 7-9, 8-8 with solid qb play but if we're serious about rebuilding, then ride it out with Beck and play it smart with these FA acquisitions.

I agree with this. Spend our chips on something else like lineman, and go into the season with JB & RG. Maybe pick up a practice squad guy/emergency qb so we have someone that at least has read the playbook in case the two aforementioned qb's end up getting the **** beat outta them.

Beck or Grossman will be the qb this year as we prepare to draft a quarterback in next years amazing talent pool of qb prospects. Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, Ryan Lindley or Nick Foles could be a Redskin next year. The 2012 Mock drafts have us taking Luck or Barkley or we could take a Kings Ransom from another team who is desparate for Luck if we have the #1 spot. However, if we had the #1 spot I would rather draft Luck.

Hmm, it seems like the world is pretty much 50/50 on Beck. I've heard/read some good things about him, and i've heard/read from those that think he absolutely sucks. How can one man be so perplexing that the entire sports world seems divided on him? :)

A guy who's only gotten a few starts in his career, despite being a good prospect, I'd say.

.....not on the roster at this time?

Or ever. We are switching to the single wing, ****es. Think about it, no need to carry any QBs, saves a ton of cap space, and enables us to carry two or three punters, which you know we'll need.

Archived