Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And this season's starting QB is...

SexyRexy

Ponder is sooooo overrated

Just so you all know if you haven't seen it already, its been pretty much confirmed by jsteelz, ll56 and TK that there's a 0% chance McNabb is back in DC this season.

And personally I think it'll be Rex.

Unless we were to trade McNabb to Minny for Ponder or something like that.

For the love of God let it be anyone not named Grossman.

Hail.

Why draft a D- type QB in the second round instead of filling holes with starters like at hmmm Nose Tackle and the O line or WR?!!!

Keep Grossman and accept the 5-11 or worse season to further continue the rebuild.

So many people want to draft a quarterback just for the sake of saying, we have a young QB. I don't care if we don't get a QB this year because we had a chance to draft Gabbert who was pretty much a consensus top 2 QB in the draft and we passed. I think it's pretty obvious that we're not too sold on any of the QBs in this class and drafting one that the staff doesn't believe and doesn't think will become a franchise QB is just a waste. I'm perfectly fine with building up the rest of the team first. It's not like rookie QBs come in and can't take a good team to the playoffs. Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Big Ben...they've all come in as rookies and managed to perform well enough for their teams to be above average. Why waste a high pick on a QB if we don't think he can take us where we want to go and he'll just end up out of the league or on the bench in a few years. I think Grossman comes back and we sign another vet QB to come in and compete with him as well. Next year's QB class seems a lot more promising and instead of trading down, we'll probably try to move up to get whomever it is that we covet. The philosophy I think this team is adopting is great because it seems like we are trying to get impact players who can help our team get better now. We'll never win a Superbowl until we resolve our QB situation but you have to take the steps to win games and become a contender before you can even think that far. You don't make risky QB picks this early because that ties your franchise's immediate future to that player. You have to believe that you know for sure that's going to be your guy going forward otherwise you set your franchise back 3-5 years.

No qb for another year????

A year lost learning... Another year of losing with a vet nobody..

I think the spirit of vinny never left the park.

Watch them pick a Rb in rd 2 or a ol they want to convert to a safety

Shanny and ally both suck.

:ols:

You know, I think "the spirit of vinny" never left the fans! It's almost like we expect to make a big splash and love being the offseason champs. Then December rolls around and all we do is b**** about moves made in April.

We're not in the position to make Christian Ponder or Jake Locker picks. We have a Quarterback available to us now that knows the system well and is serviceable for at least another year. Hopefully I'm not inserting foot into mouth too much, but I am ecstatic with the trade down and the selection at 16.

I don't mind waiting a year or two for our franchise quarterback to be drafted. Rookies QB's that come into this league and make an immediate impact don't just happen overnight. These teams have beefed up the supporting cast through the draft and wise free agency moves. If a QB is taken tonight by the Skins, he will suffer a similar fate to his predecessors.

Why draft a D- type QB in the second round instead of filling holes with starters like at hmmm Nose Tackle and the O line or WR?!!!

Keep Grossman and accept the 5-11 or worse season to further continue the rebuild.

Dave my good man. I aren't advocating the pick of a QB in the second round. My ideal scenario is Wisniewski and Paea. At the very least I hope one of the picks is C or NT. The only way I'd take a QB is if we take a flyer on a project to groom tomorrow in the later rounds. But even then I'd rather not. The QB boat passed yesterday.

I just can't stomach 16 games of seeing that clown back there. I'd rather pick up a FA QB for a year than have to suffer Interceptus Rexus. I don't think anyone in their right minds expects much of anything from this year, certainly in terms of a play-off season; but the way Shanahan's turned around the attitude here, allied to the continued re-build and it being year two on both sides of the ball; I'd hope for something approaching .500. Steady improvement. We won't see that with Grossman under centre.

Hail.

I wonder...if Rex had WON that Super Bowl he was in, would people then actually acknowledge he was in one? This whole "the year's a wash, no chance with Rex" thing is stupid. Yes, I know the Bear's D was nasty, but it's not like Rex just stood there and did nothing the whole year. The bottom line is, he's capable of taking a team to the Super Bowl, and if anything, he's working on protecting the ball. Why does everything have to be such a nightmare scenario with the Skins. Just what in the hell will make some of you happy lol..

edit- GHH, I smell a sig bet concerning Rexy's season coming on...:D

Thanks. I suppose we're going to explore a modest deal in that case.

Assuming the Giants don't offer him a contract to be their back up. They'd learn out playbook and destroy our season in one move. Sage Rosenfels isn't that important to them IMO.

It's not like rookie QBs come in and can't take a good team to the playoffs. Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Big Ben...they've all come in as rookies and managed to perform well enough for their teams to be above average.

Flaaco and Big Ben went to solid teams and only had to initially be a game manager as we see with the Jets QB, who would be total garbage if he was on the skins the last two years.

Next year's QB class seems a lot more promising and instead of trading down, we'll probably try to move up to get whomever it is that we covet. The philosophy I think this team is adopting is great because it seems like we are trying to get impact players who can help our team get better now. We'll never win a Superbowl until we resolve our QB situation but you have to take the steps to win games and become a contender before you can even think that far. Very true. The Other areas have to be stable atleast and hopefully one like the defense a strength

You forgot Heath Shuler dammit!!

And luckily we had Colt Brennan with us, so we're safe at this position :)

I think you missed the significance of that list...those were all starters!

Every one of those guys were our solution as our starting QB over the last decade.

2012 starting Redskin QB....How bad could it get after the last decade!

Archived