Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rex Grossman

JMac

I know I am going to be in the minority here and I agree we ultimately need to draft a QB for the future but I dont think it has to be this year. I am comfortable with Rex for the next couple of years. Obviously I am assuming he resigns with us but I can not imagine why he would not. He did show up at the player practice so his desire is there.

I believe Rex can manage our system well enough that we can spend our draft on other areas of need other than QB. This will be his 3rd year in the Shanny system. If Mike can make Plummer and Greise into decent QB's I have trust in Rex because I believe it is more about the system, not who is throwing the ball. To me Rex showed poise and confidence last year moreso than McNabb.

Most of the successful teams are just that because they have been running the same system for years.

We need Oline and major help on the defense side of the ball. I want a NT and another LB, not a reach for a QB.

I agree with you here. I strongly believe that Rexy wants to re-sign for many of these reasons, hence him organizing the off-season workout. I think we're going to end up taking a flyer on a guy like McElroy in the 4/5 range and see what happens with Rexy and Blech.

I HATE TN! I mean I seriously HATE TN! We we're sat pat @ 10 waiting for our guy, and they went and screwed everything up. :mad:.

I'm made up we passed on Gabbert (hopefully this will be the LAST time anyone on these here boards believes that charlaton JLC); and the move to get an extra pick and fill a position of need took the edge off the Locker loss nicely last night.

But the QB situation we're left with scares the bejesus out of me for next year. The only guy we have under contract was a costly flop who hasn't a chance in Hell of being back so long as the OC's here. Then we're left with a 29 year old with little experience; and a guy who's made a career of fumbling and intercepting games away. We could have the Hogs in their prime out their and Interceptus Rexus would look terrible. 3rd year in Kyle's system? Well, if the first two years are anything to go by (5 games consisting of 7 TD's/ 5 INT's/ 5 fumbles with 4 lost; and 1 win) ..... well, let's just say if that's an indication of him having the system "down", I'ma consider applying for the job.

I pray to the good Lord above we do something in FA at the position, or this will be another LONG year watching VERY mediocre play from the most important position on the team.

Hail.

Im fine with Rex starting for next season, and maybe even beyond if he plays well, while we put the pieces together as long as we keep our eye open for a possible franchise QB to groom.

A

I couldn't agree any more. With the right pieces around him, and maybe a little coaching regarding ball protection i think Grossman can be effective.

You are already reaching at qb if u think pick 6 grossman will get u anymore than 3 -5 wins.... There are reasons the bears and houston cut him loose.

Yeah... the reasons are injuries in Chicago and in Houston they had a guy named Schaub

2-14. that is all.

Good. Because we sure as hell aren't winning the division next season and going 8-8 and getting a pick in the late teens isn't going to get it done for this franchise. Top of the 1st. Top of the 2nd. Top of the 3rd.

Get it done. Get these immediate impact rooks and bring this team back to where it belongs.

Grossman will not be resigned. The reason why McNabb was benched was to see if Grossman was able to win for them. So with that said it will either be McNabb, Beck or a FA like Hasselback or Palmer but not Grossman even though I think he can be serviceable.

Grossman will not be resigned. The reason why McNabb was benched was to see if Grossman was able to win for them. So with that said it will either be McNabb, Beck or a FA like Hasselback or Palmer but not Grossman even though I think he can be serviceable.

I am not sure if I agree about Grossman not resigning but I do agree about McNabb. We seem to be in the minority here. Everyone listens to the analysis of the Post and ESPN and not what Shanahan or the front office has said. Everything this team has done in the draft this year would lead you to believe that they are not replacing any of the 3 QB's.

Archived