Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proposed Trade: Bush & Daniel for Haynesworth?

Cool as Crud

Gambling on Drew Brees was because of injury, his NFL talent was already well known. It is a lot different trying to find the gem in an UDFA QB who wasn't retained by his first team than taking a gamble on an obviously great QB who had a shoulder injury.

I agree that time will tell, you don't know if he will be great and neither do I. It's just easy to praise someone who isn't playing and have the mindset that he is great, we do it virtually every year as a Skins fan.

And apparently it's easier to justify the stupid political move of letting that talented Undraft Free Agent QB go while keeping the nepotism on the team another season with the way your thinking. When given the chance Chase will show you just how stupid we were

High praise? You bet your bottom dollar I give Chase high praise. He deserves it. Just wait.

Hahaha dude you sound borderline insane with all of this Chase Daniel talk. Yeah, he was better than Colt Brennan but you are acting like he has actually done something in the NFL.

He has as many sacks/fumbles as he does completions: TWO.

There is very little reason for Redskins' Nation to give a flying **** where this dude ended up or what team he plays for. He has done absolutely nothing to deserve "high praise" as a starting NFL quarterback.

If anyone thinks that Chase Daniels is ready to be a starter......give me some of what you are smoking

Times two. If Chase Daniel was such a great find, he would be highly sought after. I don't see anyone breaking down the Superdome doors to pick him up. My god can we all stop having boners over guys who compete well in preseason. Enough!

And apparently it's easier to justify the stupid political move of letting that talented Undraft Free Agent QB go while keeping the nepotism on the team another season with the way your thinking. When given the chance Chase will show you just how stupid we were

We'll come back and visit this thread for laughs, because Chase isn't even close to winning anything, much less starting in this league. You are almost as bad as the guys of Cult of Colt.

Hahaha dude you sound borderline insane with all of this Chase Daniel talk. Yeah, he was better than Colt Brennan but you are acting like he has actually done something in the NFL.

Spoken like a true Redskins fan. Come on man when are you going to wake up to the idea of "potential"? See I expect your average Skins fan to never understand the value of a young unproven QB and simply stare at a stat sheet thinking they know everything they need to know about a player like you did here:

He has as many sacks/fumbles as he does completions: TWO.

So what? What is this prove? None of the QB's taken last night showed anything either, guess with your impatient mindset that none of them are worth taking. Oh wait that's right most of the armchair QB's here think they can spot talent and didn't want any of them anyway. It's amazing the lack of patience anyone has when it comes to young QB's around here. No one wants to put in the time to develop a guy, everyone seems to think that other teams retreads are the answer for us. And like you said to get me to see your point, anyone offering any different opinions then the norm are called crazy. Life in Extremeskins land oh boy lol

There is very little reason for Redskins' Nation to give a flying **** where this dude ended up or what team he plays for. He has done absolutely nothing to deserve "high praise" as a starting NFL quarterback.

And neither has any of the other guys like Bret Farve who didn't play as a rookie but got traded in his second season, or Tony Romo sits to pee who was also undrafted, or any of the rookies in this or any other draft.

Here's the hard truth, like it or not.

We had this guys rights and decided he was crap and let him go. Another team picked him up and has kept him around pretty much ever sense besides some week roster shuffling. In fact his new team decided he could step right in and play should something happen to Brees and let a more expirenced QB go when they promoted him to second stringer. What should bother you about this is how could we see so little in this guy to treat him like that where as a recent Superbowl winning team sees so much potential.

As a Redskins fan you should give a flying squirrel because year after year after year we pass on young QB's in the draft or do stupid things like dump the young guys we have because for some unknown reason to me the management thinks none of the young ones are any good or worth keeping around and that age is the key to QB's. And while we continue to do this we see year after year the same old stupid problem at QB while years go by without us winning or even remotely competing for anything.

If you can't see this pattern yet you will, give it time

Vikings trade all the way. They picked their QB of the future and passed on Fairley tells me one thing.......Ive been saying it and gettin blasted all along that #5 and #92 get dealt in a package deal. If the Vikes want to keep pace w/ the SB champs, Bears (playoff team) and a SURGING Lions team, they need to do this. I would expect stop gap players in Berrian (knows Rex) and NT Jimmy Kennedy plus a decent future pick (3rd, maybe 2nd). Rumors are already going. We need to pump Arizona as a partner to maximize value even if its a smokescreen.

Vikings trade all the way. They picked their QB of the future and passed on Fairley tells me one thing.......Ive been saying it and gettin blasted all along that #5 and #92 get dealt in a package deal. If the Vikes want to keep pace w/ the SB champs, Bears (playoff team) and a SURGING Lions team, they need to do this. I would expect stop gap players in Berrian (knows Rex) and NT Jimmy Kennedy plus a decent future pick (3rd, maybe 2nd). Rumors are already going. We need to pump Arizona as a partner to maximize value even if its a smokescreen.

While I hope that you are right, I cannot imagine 92 having any trade value, but your logic makes some sense

We'll come back and visit this thread for laughs, because Chase isn't even close to winning anything, much less starting in this league. You are almost as bad as the guys of Cult of Colt.

I'm not laughing, you shouldn't either.

Were you laughing last night when our fate was sealed when Gabbert fell to us and we let him to another team? Or what about Ponder? We could have drafted him as well. Were you laughing when we skipped on him? Were you laughing when we decided that Aaron Rogers wasn't very good and we drafted Jason Campbell instead? Were you laughing when the coach thought that Jason Campbell wasn't very good and we decided to trade two picks to get the 34 year old McNabb? Were you laughing when you looked at our current roster and the youngest guy we have at the QB position is 31 year old and we still don't have a QB?

I'm not laughing because when I look across the landscape of the NFL and see other teams treating this position very differently then we have and us continuing to fail and be a bottom feeder year after year after year nothing is funny to me about it. All of these choices to pass on this guy, that guy, come back to haunt us in the end. Chase will be no different, even if his stats don't look great after two years in the league.

Spoken like a true Redskins fan. Come on man when are you going to wake up to the idea of "potential"? See I expect your average Skins fan to never understand the value of a young unproven QB and simply stare at a stat sheet thinking they know everything they need to know about a player like you did here:

So what? What is this prove? None of the QB's taken last night showed anything either, guess with your impatient mindset that none of them are worth taking. Oh wait that's right most of the armchair QB's here think they can spot talent and didn't want any of them anyway. It's amazing the lack of patience anyone has when it comes to young QB's around here. No one wants to put in the time to develop a guy, everyone seems to think that other teams retreads are the answer for us. And like you said to get me to see your point, anyone offering any different opinions then the norm are called crazy. Life in Extremeskins land oh boy lol And neither has any of the other guys like Bret Farve who didn't play as a rookie but got traded in his second season, or Tony Romo sits to pee who was also undrafted, or any of the rookies in this or any other draft. Here's the hard truth, like it or not. We had this guys rights and decided he was crap and let him go. Another team picked him up and has kept him around pretty much ever sense besides some week roster shuffling. In fact his new team decided he could step right in and play should something happen to Brees and let a more expirenced QB go when they promoted him to second stringer. What should bother you about this is how could we see so little in this guy to treat him like that where as a recent Superbowl winning team sees so much potential. As a Redskins fan you should give a flying squirrel because year after year after year we pass on young QB's in the draft or do stupid things like dump the young guys we have because for some unknown reason to me the management thinks none of the young ones are any good or worth keeping around and that age is the key to QB's. And while we continue to do this we see year after year the same old stupid problem at QB while years go by without us winning or even remotely competing for anything. If you can't see this pattern yet you will, give it time

I like Chase Daniel as a prospect. Nothing more, nothing less. He has shown flashes of potential, but that doesn't mean you should crown his ass. (Shoutout to my man Denny!)

I just wanted to point out that you are the only Redskins' fan in America who thinks that losing Chase Daniel is near the top of our "recent-screwups" list. Maybe CD will be the next Kurt Warner-- but I am predicting career back-up and think the Saints may even try to grab another QB in the draft.

While I hope that you are right, I cannot imagine 92 having any trade value, but your logic makes some sense

Thank you. As long as a player is talented, they have value. A 4-3 team knows they wont get the BS that we got from him and Pat Williams is pushing 40 yrs old.

Were you laughing last night when our fate was sealed when Gabbert fell to us and we let him to another team? Or what about Ponder? We could have drafted him as well. Were you laughing when we skipped on him? Were you laughing when we decided that Aaron Rogers wasn't very good and we drafted Jason Campbell instead? Were you laughing when the coach thought that Jason Campbell wasn't very good and we decided to trade two picks to get the 34 year old McNabb? Were you laughing when you looked at our current roster and the youngest guy we have at the QB position is 31 year old and we still don't have a QB?

I'm not laughing because when I look across the landscape of the NFL and see other teams treating this position very differently then we have and us continuing to fail and be a bottom feeder year after year after year nothing is funny to me about it. All of these choices to pass on this guy, that guy, come back to haunt us in the end. Chase will be no different, even if his stats don't look great after two years in the league.

Our fate was sealed? Jesus, thats a little dramatic don't you think? Listen, Chase Daniels will never be a franchise QB. Just forget about that. Do I want a franchise QB? Of course. It bothers me to know end looking back and seeing the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys have 2 or 3 franchis QBs since we had Mark Rypien (whom I wouldn't consider a great franchise QB) or Theismann.

Quite frankly I was a little upset when Gabbert dropped to us and we traded out of the pick. Out of all the QBs in this draft I thought he was the most complete. Locker? Ponder? Newton? Don't like any of them and I think Minnesota panicked and reached? Do you want that kind of FO? Reeks of a Vinny move. We need to be more patient. We aren't going to the playoffs this year let alone a SB. We have 8 picks for next year already and could acquire more to maybe have enough ammunition to move up for Luck.

I hated the Campbell pick. And by the way, in the 2005 draft, Green Bay picked Rodgers with the 24th pick and we picked JC 25th pick. Maybe we could have taken him with the 9th, but it was one of those years where alot of teams passed on him. Almost 3/4 of the teams. I hated the McNabb trade. It robbed us of 2 picks we could have used.

I realize QB is the most important position in the NFL, but you just can't go out and make a panic pick. Maybe the FO saw something in Gabbert they didn't like. Maybe getting the extra 2nd was more important long term (there are rumblings in another thread that we'll trade the pick from the Jags to get another extra pick- getting possibly 2 extra picks out of the 10th pick).

I'm just as frustrated as you are about the QB position, but if there is one area Shanny knows, it's QB. Arizona, San Fran and Tennessee are all QB starved teams and they passed him up. He's in the AFC, so we'll only see him once every 4 years. We have alot of holes to fill and Gabbert is not the next coming of Manning, Brady, Elway, etc. He's a B QB, and I'd rather wait for an A QB.

By trading up to pick Mark Ingram, the Saints essentially parted with Reggie Bush. The Saints have been a willing trade partner in the past, especially with the coaching swaps of Haslet and Williams. They also have former Skins QB Chase Daniel, who seems to have potential as a starter and is more than serviceable as a backup - ya know, just in case Rex isn't the future. I don't see us drafting a RB or our franchise QB this year.

As much as Greg Williams loves to blitz, Maybe the Saints would take a chance on Haynesworth to play alongside their top pick DL Cameron Jordan? In a role where he would be free to improvise, he might actually show up to work!

Thoughts?

Yeah, finish your ice cream and go to bed.

Nominee for stupidest post I've seen in a long while. Our fate was sealed when we didn't take gabbert? Are you a GM or coach or NFL scout who can make a declaration such as that? Aaron rodgers was drafted before Jason Campbell. Even though Mcscrub sucked this year, he's better than Campbell. Can you consider the fact that maybe no one met the standards of shanahan an co to be considered a franchise qb and that's why we passed on them. We simply can't take a piece of ****, polish it a ton and call it a diamond.

This is a putrid idea. When was the last time Bush ran down between the tackles? B.Banks has the return game locked down. If Daniels is that great then why isn't he mentioned in trade scenarios like Kolb? And for the love of football, who's gonna put their money in Turdsworth's hands? He's worse than T.O ever was. Say what you will but the guy went out on the field and backed up everything he said during the week. All of T.O.'s issues revolved around football. He was a bad teammate @ worst. Turdsworth has proven repeatedly not to be reliable or of good character.

Archived