Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles lose Dawkins and Taylor...

MikeB

That really changes things for them. Their secondary went from arguably the best in the division to arguably the worst in one game, and it's a game that they really want to win to stabilize themselves to start the season. If they start 0-2, and we and the Giants start 2-0, that's not good. The Giants are a team I think will win the division anyway, and so they don't want to be trailing a fellow wild card competitor in their own division by two games.

Originally posted by carlsbadd

Dawkins has a foot injury. Taylor has a torn plantar facia sp? which I think is turf toe? somebody help me out here.

plantar facia is connective tissue in the bottom of your foot. VERY PAINFUL if torn or inflamed. i bet he can barely walk right now if that report is true.

This sets up an interesting scenario . . . if the G-men and 'Skins win next week, Week 3 will be a showdown between the two teams for NFC East supremacy . . . if the Iggles lose the following their bye in Week 3, which is against the Bills in Buffalo, they could be battling the Cowgirls for division basement . . .

Wow. That sucks for them. I've heard of plantar faschitis but never a torn plantar faschia. A have a friend who had plantar faschitis and she literally couldn't walk on it for two weeks. I can't imagine how long having it tear would keep you off your feet. He may be done for a good part of the season.

I've had a strained plantar faschia playing baseball, and that was about as painful of an injury as I'd ever had. I can't imagine what a torn one feels like, but I'd have to expect that that's at the very least an injury that hobbles him for the entire season, if not puts him on IR.

This is where the talent they've bled away on defense over the last three years comes back to haunt them. Who can they look to to pick up where Dawkins left off?

Wow, this is a big development. I saw Dawkins limping a little while calling a time out near the end of last night's game. Taylor we saw on the sideline getting looked at. Even missing this one game may put the Eagles to 0-2 given how hungry the Pats will be too. This is a big deal if they are out for any length of time.

from red's site:

"The plantar fascia is also responsible for locking the foot in supination prior to push-off in running."

that ain't good for a db for sure. to echo what others have said, i had fascitis and had trouble walking for a week or so. a tear would have an average person on crutches for months. hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery that'll bring him back by week 6 (the game after ours!)...

I deal with inflamed plantar fascia in both feet from time to time. Doctor said it's from years of squating while I work. When it hurts, I can hardly stand when first getting up, and can barrely walk for about 10 or so. The pain fades as the day goes on. If I sit for more then 15 minutes during the day, it starts all over again. It doesn't happen often, mainly when I get new work shoes or sneekers.

If Taylor has a tare, he's done for the season IMO.

Archived